blackberry tour

Roman

30B3C828

WTF does that do?

Instant Messaging for Blackberry users only.

Go to your messages, then Blackberry Messenger. You should see a request there I just sent you. Open, Accept and you should be able to IM me right away.

A great way to keep in touch, can send pics, files, etc... I have over 50 contacts on it, very useful.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As of a couple of days ago, I was very happy with my 8830 WE.

I thought it was the best thing on the planet.

Now because of this thread I can't stop thinking about the Tour.

Friggin RomanDad must work for RIM or something and this is their plan to take over the world, one car forum guy by one.

My only concern is, I really liked what I read about the Onyx. Should I wait or just get the Tour now and then feel like a piece of crap when the Onyx comes out and I 'only' have the Tour, like I feel now with my antiquated hunk of crap 8830?

As of a couple of days ago, I was very happy with my 8830 WE.

I thought it was the best thing on the planet.

Now because of this thread I can't stop thinking about the Tour.

Friggin RomanDad must work for RIM or something and this is their plan to take over the world, one car forum guy by one.

My only concern is, I really liked what I read about the Onyx. Should I wait or just get the Tour now and then feel like a piece of crap when the Onyx comes out and I 'only' have the Tour, like I feel now with my antiquated hunk of crap 8830?

Ive been waiting about 6 months for the Tour to come out.... It was originally "supposed" to come out in April according to the "rumors". I took all of the future "what ifs" into account.... I HAVE to have Verizon.... So that is what I was focused on, but the "Onyx" was never really on my radar. On the near horizen for verizon we have a "storm 2" (touch screen BB) sometime near the end of the year and the Palm Pre in q1 2010. After comparing the tour to the pre I decided I wanted the tour MORE..... And comparing it to an unknown quantity of a storm 2 (the predecessor of which went over like a lead balloon) or waiting 6 more months just for "wifi" didnt make much sense.

OK... Specific questions-

1. Whats the best way to listen to "Podcasts" on a Blackberry?

[edit- Never mind- Just discovered "Blackberry Media Sync"- This fcuking thing is tits!]

How do I get my wifes contacts out of her RAZR to her Tour?

You would have to import into some sort of address/outlook book and the export to bb.

I don't think the VZW address book transfer programs works on BB's.

Any corporate Verizon store will transfer your contacts from the old phone to the new one. They connect the two phones to a device that uploads contacts, pics, vids, mp3's from old to new. They do it for me everytime I upgrade to a new phone.

Any corporate Verizon store will transfer your contacts from the old phone to the new one. They connect the two phones to a device that uploads contacts, pics, vids, mp3's from old to new. They do it for me everytime I upgrade to a new phone.

Hooyah!

And comparing it to an unknown quantity of a storm 2 (the predecessor of which went over like a lead balloon) or waiting 6 more months just for "wifi" didnt make much sense.

Yeah, true enough. I guess the only thing the Onyx would give me over the Tour is wi-fi, and considering I don't have that right now and apparently it hasn't mattered ever, I guess I don't need it.

I liked in the pictures the look of the Onyx keyboard. How do you find the Tour's keyboard?

I was at a Bell store today and couldn't decide if it was better than my 8830 or not, but then that could have been my cheapness coming out and trying to convince myself not to buy it.

I think the bottom line is there have been a few occasions, not many, but a few where I thought to myself "gee, wish I brought my camera with me". I'm thinking that alone might make me buy the Tour.

Yeah, true enough. I guess the only thing the Onyx would give me over the Tour is wi-fi, and considering I don't have that right now and apparently it hasn't mattered ever, I guess I don't need it.

I liked in the pictures the look of the Onyx keyboard. How do you find the Tour's keyboard?

I was at a Bell store today and couldn't decide if it was better than my 8830 or not, but then that could have been my cheapness coming out and trying to convince myself not to buy it.

I think the bottom line is there have been a few occasions, not many, but a few where I thought to myself "gee, wish I brought my camera with me". I'm thinking that alone might make me buy the Tour.

It has a REALLY nice camera....

Congrats on the BB. Awesome phone. I have the Bold and couldn't be happier :)

Why did you guys not go for the Bold? What does the Tour offer that the Bold doesn't?

Congrats on the BB. Awesome phone. I have the Bold and couldn't be happier :)

Why did you guys not go for the Bold? What does the Tour offer that the Bold doesn't?

Tour works on CDMA carriers.

Bold on ATT/GSM

Bold has Wi-Fi, Tour does not, but Tour is a much nicer, sleeker form factor, like the curve 8900.

I love my 8900

I'd have one by now if it didn't run on Edge here in Canada. Till then, 8310 will suffice.

What's a Tour?

Tour works on CDMA carriers.

Bold on ATT/GSM

Bold has Wi-Fi, Tour does not, but Tour is a much nicer, sleeker form factor, like the curve 8900.

I prefer the shape and design of the Bold actually. I think it's the best looking BB out there. Different strokes for different folks though :)

Okay RomanDad, you made me do it!

Attached is a picture of me with my new Tour.

post-2181-1248202332_thumb.jpg

Well, it's more of an 'artists rendition' than a photograph. Using my Tour to take a photo of me using my tour would have taken a series of mirrors and pulleys and perhaps access to another dimension, which I just didn't feel like getting into.

Ok... Everytime I get an email the phone "Boings" to announce it.... How do I turn this off? Ive gone into set up, but whatever Im doing isnt working.

Ok... Everytime I get an email the phone "Boings" to announce it.... How do I turn this off? Ive gone into set up, but whatever Im doing isnt working.

Profiles->Advanced->[blackBerry Key]->Edit-> Locate your email address and then change the settings for that account.

Profiles->Advanced->[blackBerry Key]->Edit-> Locate your email address and then change the settings for that account.

:icon_super: