how to 'launch' an egear gallardo

itsjinx

I have tested it on all Gs from 04-09 and on Murci from 04-09 if done right it works. I would not say how to do it if I did not test it. When I got back from training in Italy in 03 for the G could not wait to get back and test on Lambos press cars. I have also done it for customers in there cars so they would know how to do it.

I have tested it on all Gs from 04-09 and on Murci from 04-09 if done right it works. I would not say how to do it if I did not test it. When I got back from training in Italy in 03 for the G could not wait to get back and test on Lambos press cars. I have also done it for customers in there cars so they would know how to do it.

Oh it works for sure :) This is me in my previous MY07 Spyder:

I'm still curious though how it will work on my LP560. Is there some sort of detailed how-to of all the different launch methods Jeff?

I'm still curious though how it will work on my LP560. Is there some sort of detailed how-to of all the different launch methods Jeff?

Yes but I dont recall them all off the top of my head. I will dig thru some of my books and read up on it. Its the use of the TCS on/off and use of the sport or corsa buttons. I know the lurch mode is TCS off and corsa on hold your foot on the brake and slap the gas pedal down then release foot brake. Only tested a few times. Some times worked well one time it did not. Sorry dont have as much test time with 560 yet.

tried this today. did not work.

Maybe a look at Rami's video above can help... Hold on brake, release them and then slap gas pedal with ESP off and SPORT on, the best way I can describe it.

Works on my 06, didn't work on my 04.

I thought this might happen because of the long 1st gear and longer gear ratios.

Wow, could really tell how much stress you put the 07 under just by looking at it; let's hope you don't need to replace a P Zero Costa right after that. On the LP560, I need someone to confirm this, because I don't have any Lambo's yet.... but I believe it's like this: Put the car in CORSA mode, turn off the traction control (ESP), and put your foot on the brake while building revs to near 5000 rpms and release the brake, flooring afterwards.

EDIT: Jeff got there before me! :)

Maybe a look at Rami's video above can help... Hold on brake, release them and then slap gas pedal with ESP off and SPORT on, the best way I can describe it.

Do NOT hold your foot on the brake when performing a power launch on a pre-LP560!!! If you want to do it like I did the car needs to be at a full stop, remove foot from brake, put the car into sport mode and turn the TCS (ESP) off. Then you need to push the throttle down to the bottom in one swift movement. The car will rev up to 4-5K rpm and will then release its clutch. Make sure your wheels are poitning to the correct direction when you do this ;)

Yes but I dont recall them all off the top of my head. I will dig thru some of my books and read up on it. Its the use of the TCS on/off and use of the sport or corsa buttons. I know the lurch mode is TCS off and corsa on hold your foot on the brake and slap the gas pedal down then release foot brake. Only tested a few times. Some times worked well one time it did not. Sorry dont have as much test time with 560 yet.

Jeff, if you could scan those documents with all the different launch methods of the LP560 and email or PM them to me that would be awesome. I'm planning on doing various Vbox runs with my car and it would be nice to see which kind of impact those different methods have on performance times.

OK, tested it again this morning and it worked.

Here is the key part........

before stopping make sure the car is in "normal" mode (ESP on and Sport off). My car is a 07 Spyder

come to a complete stop THEN put in Sport mode, turn ESP off. With foot on brake and other foot on the gas pedal (this is the way I did it but I am sure you can use one foot on brake and let off and mash the gas to the floor). let off the brake and nail the gas pedal. BANG, there you go.

jeff, can you clarify the difference between "slap the gas pedal to the floor dont push slap to floor". what is a 'push slap' and a 'slap'. sounds strange to me. is it just simple "pedal-to-medal"?

To launch a Gallardo or Murcie egear:

1. Vehicle at full stop.

2. Place car in Sport mode.

3. Turn ESP off.

4. Place foot on brake, put car in 1st gear, take foot off brake.

5. Immediately slam gas pedal to floor.

6. Car launches.

7. Car will not shift for you (thanks jefflambo).

To launch an LP560 egear:

1. Vehicle at full stop.

2. Place car in Corsa mode.

3. Turn ESP off.

4. Place foot on brake, put car in 1st gear.

5. While holding brake pedal floor the gas pedal.

6. Release brake pedal while gas pedal is still floored.

7. Car launches.

8. Car will shift for you.

jeff, can you clarify the difference between "slap the gas pedal to the floor dont push slap to floor". what is a 'push slap' and a 'slap'. sounds strange to me. is it just simple "pedal-to-medal"?

Push the gas pedal is waht you do during normal driving. By slap I mean slam or push the pedal very fast all the way to the floor.

Iam still looking for the 560 info I have alot of books but the one with the 560 info may be in stroage I will go over and look when I have a chance. With my dealer closed things are here and there kinda sorry.

The 04-08 will not shift for you.

Do NOT hold your foot on the brake when performing a power launch on a pre-LP560!!! If you want to do it like I did the car needs to be at a full stop, remove foot from brake, put the car into sport mode and turn the TCS (ESP) off. Then you need to push the throttle down to the bottom in one swift movement. The car will rev up to 4-5K rpm and will then release its clutch. Make sure your wheels are poitning to the correct direction when you do this ;)

Yup, just hold the brakes, but release them once you are ready to launch. Or, for our cause... "Thrust". (And from the Lamborghini Press, they refer to the E-Gear launch system as "Thrust Mode" from MY06 to present day... ever since they added the 20 extra hp and revamped the gear ratio).

To launch an LP560 egear:

1. Vehicle at full stop.

2. Place car in Corsa mode.

3. Turn ESP off.

4. Place foot on brake, put car in 1st gear.

5. While holding brake pedal floor the gas pedal.

6. Release brake pedal while gas pedal is still floored.

7. Car launches.

8. Car will shift for you.

Really? :eusa_think:

EDIT: Never mind... you're right. I just took a look at the LP560-4 Top Gear episode. Haha... :icon_mrgreen: