Wanna chip my 05 cgt, GIAC $4k or upsolute $1k. Mmm.......

jess996

Guys, Im confuse, Im not very technical, both claim same horse power gain, which one should I pick?

I am going to go with EVOMS..

I am going to go with EVOMS..

EVOMS first, GIAC second. Never heard of the other one. Allan, they give you performance numbers yet?

EVOMS first, GIAC second. Never heard of the other one. Allan, they give you performance numbers yet?

I believe the ecu upgrade from evoms is an additional 70rwhp and 120 ft lbs of torque... If you delete the cats ( there are 4 in total) you gain quite abit of power, however I have heard from a couple people that the car resonates afterwards. I decided to go with the catback exhaust, which according to Herschel gains 33whp ( we will see) . I will also do BMC filters...

From what Im told these cars make around 410AWHP stock, Im hoping to be around 550awhp.

wow same power as a gallardo with much more weight stock

More power... 410 is ALL WHEEl hp, and it makes MUCH more torque... It is definitely alot slower than stock G though. Im hoping AFTER mods for it to be as fast as a stock pre lp560.

I believe the ecu upgrade from evoms is an additional 70rwhp and 120 ft lbs of torque... If you delete the cats ( there are 4 in total) you gain quite abit of power, however I have heard from a couple people that the car resonates afterwards. I decided to go with the catback exhaust, which according to Herschel gains 33whp ( we will see) . I will also do BMC filters...

From what Im told these cars make around 410AWHP stock, Im hoping to be around 550awhp.

Hi Allan:

how much is Evom chip? if you go with catback exhaust, does it make the sound much louder than stock? I prefer my car as quite as possible, I'm thinking go with just chip and BMC only, what do you think?

Hi Allan:

how much is Evom chip? if you go with catback exhaust, does it make the sound much louder than stock? I prefer my car as quite as possible, I'm thinking go with just chip and BMC only, what do you think?

I dont want my car to be loud either, thats another reason I went with the catback. Its definitely louder than stock, but not loud enough that it will be cabin intrusive. The EVOMS ECU is $3500..

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Allan:

when i looked into it couple of years ago EVOM/giac was $1500-2000

Hi Allan:

The Evoms software is completely different than the GIAC. Evoms has not used GIAC for 2 years now. Todd is doing his own software tuning.

The Evoms software is completely different than the GIAC. Evoms has not used GIAC for 2 years now. Todd is doing his own software tuning.

Surprised Garrett was THE MAN when it came to tuning and developing all the

software Todd was using.

I did Evomsit and Fabspeed on mine. Big difference, although folks with 93 octane will have a little bit more fun than I do with the crap 91 octane we get around here.