Reventon Roadster

j0rgen

You can't expect anything but a canvas top for such a bargain price. :lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt there is a roof with this car as it's really not intended to be a driven car as much as it's intended to be a display piece. I'm betting no roof.

Lamborghini claims there isn't giant profit in this car. Each one has to have individual parts machined and that alone is expensive as hell. Something really simple and completely benign and sells for a few dollars for the LP640 ends up costing a multiple in order to build so few. Think of this as ten concept cars. We all accept that building an individual working concept car costs around a million bucks and this is very similar. I like your general idea of wishing they did have a windfall to offset future R&D, but this doesn't do it.

well, looking at it honestly there are not many different parts from existing cars (reventon, LP640 roadsters and 670 engine)

they built some specific items and all reventon coupe parts are just built in few numbers

they can claim it is not giant but it really looks like a BIG profict if they can sell 10 as planned

the reventon makes any other car look dull. this colour is much better than the other one on the original coupe. the lines and creases look far sharper.

I think it has a roof.

You can see the roof support post covers behind the seats and the lug holes for the roof above the windscreen.

I doubt they have changed the canvas roof otherwise they would have shown it.

Nice, but id rather wait and see what the Murcies replacment looks like. Knowing Lamborghini, it will probabily look as good and have more power/performance. - AND be cheaper

Funny, as they did that with the Gallardo SE, charged a fortune, then afew months later the revised Gallardo was just as good for less.

If I would have veyronesque amount of money for a car I would want to buy one of these as a dailydriver. :P It has all the hypercar features without all the veyron 20k€_tyres_have_to_be_sent_in_france_to_fit bullshit.

It's nice, no doubt. But with the exception of the color, it looks exactly like you'd expect it to look....Given that we've already seen the Murci coupe to Murci roadster transformation.

And look at the applause Valentino got on the Reventon presentation.