Computer Infected With Horrible Virus

WheelsRCool

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheels...It recognizes almost EVERY virus scanner by name so keep that in mind when you try to open the program it will deactivate it so it never opens. Im telling you, this bitch is a bad-one. Norton, McAfee suck they dont detect it and it kills those and they never operate again so just de-install them you don't need them anymore...Here's how I did it...

YUP. Every virus scanner I tried won't detect it and the one the scan started up and then the whole program just flat-out disappeared!

1) go to safe mode but WITH networking (reboot, hold down F7 till it asks if you want safe mode, should give you two options with or without networking).

2) from safemode internet goggle: "hijack this" download it. goggle: spybot search and destroy. download it.

3) once downloaded, change the name of those programs immediately on the desktop (it wont recognize them when you go back to regular windows and will allow you to open, to scan and remove it). Dotn use anything like scan or virus, use a name like "Wheels-kill" or whatever...

4) FIRST scan in safe mode. Clean and remove

5) Reboot and go to regular windows, open the "spybot" program (err the iteration you named it now) and kill that motherfcuker.

It might already be removed from the safe mode scan but you'll get it for sure then...

Then reboot and it should be gone. If that doesnt work, you wil need to incorporate the HiJack-This program for further scrubbing, BUT.....Do NOT open "Hijack-This" unless you know what you're doing, you will need assistance to do so, or you WILL cause irreparable damage to your computer. Alot of on-line assistance to walk you through what to look for. Think of it like using Acid or bleach to remove a blemish on a painted surface. The perfect mixture of solvent with water would do the job, but the worng mix and you might as well buy a whole new bodypanel...So be extremly careful if you open up "Hijack this"...

Lemme know how it works out.

Okay will try.

Okay well I tried to reboot in Safe Mode with Networking, and all that happens is line after line of something like the following:

multi(0)disk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\BATTC.SYS

That's not exactly it, but something like that, and line and after line of it, then it freezes up and won't go any further. I had to boot back up in regular Windows. It's like the virus knows I am going to try to kill it via Safe Mode or something :(

Make sure as it boots up, (basically when it turns itself off) you hold down F8 NOT F7, UNTIL it changes. It might show a bunch of lines though dont fret just wait until the option comes up,then let go... Try again.

EDIT: did you click re-boot or shut down. Try shutting it down, waiting 30secs then turn it back on, DO NOT SELECT "REBOOT". Make it shut completely down...

Yeah, I hit F8, then the selection came up for Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, etc...I hit Safe Moder with Networking and got all those lines.

I tried re-starting it at first, but then as it froze up, I just turned it off completely, then turned it back on and tried again, still no dice. I'll try again a complete shutdown...

Okay, what the f***. It just disappeared...!?!?!? It just disappeared off the computer and so I went into the hard drive, into Program Files, clicked "Delete," and before it would never let you do this, but this time it just deleted, and then I emptied out the Recycle Bin, it's like the virus "expired" or gave up or something.

But now I am afraid, from having read that it installs other viruses to re-create itself, that if I re-start the computer, it will "re-create itself" on me. Swil, should I try that Spybot program? Should I try running it in Safe Mode or just download and try it??

Okay, what the f***. It just disappeared...!?!?!? It just disappeared off the computer and so I went into the hard drive, into Program Files, clicked "Delete," and before it would never let you do this, but this time it just deleted, and then I emptied out the Recycle Bin, it's like the virus "expired" or gave up or something.

But now I am afraid, from having read that it installs other viruses to re-create itself, that if I re-start the computer, it will "re-create itself" on me. Swil, should I try that Spybot program? Should I try running it in Safe Mode or just download and try it??

At this point....honestly, try them all, before, after, in Safe mode whatever, just dont waste time. Troubleshoot bro. Delete in "Program files" won't work it'll come back, you have to find it in the registry (even then it might not work). If you found it in the registry and deleted it, you might be okay but now might be a time to "HiJack-This" and remove the command that tells it to reload. But do everything else first... Re-boot safe mode spybot it and kill it..

RESTART and Get Spybot in safe mode and do what I described, it's not gone, the guy on the other side probably went to dinner or something...

Have patience.

SpoyBot catches it pretty early in the scan, make sure you "Full Scan", it'll take 30min or so and mine had like 12 things that were download, spybot caught all of them. THeN you can use the Doctor program to "immunize" your protection(I have that too)..

At that point you have 3 of the better protectors out there. Use FireFox from now on.

helpful link, but doesnt give the details of beating this thing, you have to sneak up on it and backdoor it to remove. It's purpose is to steal your info when you enter it... MalwareBytes is a good program too.

The lines of text you see after going to safe mode is ok. Just give it some time. Maximum 5 minutes. If you see disk activity, then it's doing its job. just wait for windows to come up. Safe mode is not broken.

RESTART and Get Spybot in safe mode and do what I described, it's not gone, the guy on the other side probably went to dinner or something...

Have patience.

SpoyBot catches it pretty early in the scan, make sure you "Full Scan", it'll take 30min or so and mine had like 12 things that were download, spybot caught all of them. THeN you can use the Doctor program to "immunize" your protection(I have that too)..

At that point you have 3 of the better protectors out there. Use FireFox from now on.

Is the Doctor program part of the SpyBot program?

helpful link, but doesnt give the details of beating this thing, you have to sneak up on it and backdoor it to remove. It's purpose is to steal your info when you enter it... MalwareBytes is a good program too.

Hmm...I did enter my AOL password when trying to access AOL and it wouldn't let me when it was present, I guess I'd better change my AOL password.

DUDE!!!! Before you do anything else get rid of the malware/virus. It is reading every keystroke you make!!!

Just cause you dont see it doesnt mean its not reading. Stage one of fooling you into buying protection didnt happen, so it makes you think like its gone, but you have 6-7 separate viruses that were downloaded sitting in the corner taking notes of everything you do...

WheelsRCool >> You should learn how to format your HD and install the Windows. Sometimes it's the simplest way. Remember to keep the most improtant files on second HD or pendrive.

WheelsRCool >> You should learn how to format your HD and install the Windows. Sometimes it's the simplest way. Remember to keep the most improtant files on second HD or pendrive.

Yep, totally agree. Been doing it for last 10 years nearly.

Once your computer is infected and the anti-virus software can't kill it, then I don't think any ordinary people with certain amount of computer skill/knowledge can do anything about it.

I've never seen any computer technicians manually removed virus from infected computers before.

I think I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I ended up doing a new install of windows. Thankfully I had everything backed up on an external HD. Sucks, but it wasn't that bad.

Yep, totally agree. Been doing it for last 10 years nearly.

Once your computer is infected and the anti-virus software can't kill it, then I don't think any ordinary people with certain amount of computer skill/knowledge can do anything about it.

I've never seen any computer technicians manually removed virus from infected computers before.

thats cause computer techs are lazy... just kidding but to fully remove a bad virus takes hours and hours. because its not the computer techs data or problem they will always say the only option is to format the drive.

I have never met a virus I couldn't remove :) but it does take a long time. I do it out of principle though because to me if you have to format the drive the virus wins :) then again lots of computer people suggest you reinstall windows every couple of years anyway soo.....

thats cause computer techs are lazy... just kidding but to fully remove a bad virus takes hours and hours. because its not the computer techs data or problem they will always say the only option is to format the drive.

I have never met a virus I couldn't remove :) but it does take a long time. I do it out of principle though because to me if you have to format the drive the virus wins :) then again lots of computer people suggest you reinstall windows every couple of years anyway soo.....

I totally agree!!! It took me a couple hours, had to stop and take break to get rid of this one. Its a process of patience and deductive problemsolving.

Yep, I agree, I have a friend can do that, he failed few times tho, some virus just hide in the HD and keep coming back. Also I know all the big servers and internal networks have people that can do this kind of thing.

What I was trying to say is, I don't think 95% of the people who use computers can manually kill a virus. I mean 99% of my friends can't, and all my friends use computers.

Yep, I agree, I have a friend can do that, he failed few times tho, some virus just hide in the HD and keep coming back. Also I know all the big servers and internal networks have people that can do this kind of thing.

What I was trying to say is, I don't think 95% of the people who use computers can manually kill a virus. I mean 99% of my friends can't, and all my friends use computers.

yeah but most people can barely turn on a computer :)

OH MAN I am reeeallllly dumb, well I went looking to watch that TV show again, and ended up stumbling upon the same site by accident (Hulu - BE CAREFUL!!) anyhow, I had Spyware Doctor in place and a war broke out. Spyware Doctor immediately starts sending up constant BLOCK messages saying a "Severe" threat is trying to break in and write to the registry, it blocked it, but the program kept trying over and over and over again, it eventually died down a bit, but kept trying every minute or so. I had to re-start the computer and it finally stopped (WHEW!!).

I tried using Spybot to clean out the system, but it slowed my computer to a crawl and then froze up after doing the scan and wouldn't get rid of the spyware it identified, so I had to get rid of it, any other decent programs I can try? I am thinking of purchasing Spyware Doctor (right now the version I have just blocks out invaders, but doesn't get rid of ones already in the system).

I am thinking I will just get an external HD, then transfer all my important stuff to it, then just do a System Recovery to be safe...?

So Swil, this Personal Antivirus is still present, it has just entered a "second stage" where it pretends to disappear (or does disappear, but leaves behind other viruses) to track your information...?

I also will learn to format my HD.

As for AOL, I don't use AOL per se, just I have a huge Favorite Places list on AOL right now and I can't transfer that list at all, so if I want to look at it, I go on AOL.

So Swil, this Personal Antivirus is still present, it has just entered a "second stage" where it pretends to disappear (or does disappear, but leaves behind other viruses) to track your information...?

I also will learn to format my HD.

As for AOL, I don't use AOL per se, just I have a huge Favorite Places list on AOL right now and I can't transfer that list at all, so if I want to look at it, I go on AOL.

Try it again in safe mode. You dont need networking now if you have Spybot on the comp now. Try it again. Full scan and go watch TV or do something else. Of Course It'll be slow, its scanning. Dont try to surf or anything let it run it's course. Ive removed that virus more than once.

And yes, buy some protection that is NOT Norton or McAfee. Or get an Apple...

So there's actually somebody watching every move you make and controlling the virus to f.ck with you??