The handling in the G feels a little "off"

gLA

I can't put my finger on it but the front feels like it gets light at high speeds and the steering feels looser as well at these speeds. It's not a huge difference but I'm sure it's there. I'm trying to work out if I should take it to Lamborghini but since I have had the car lowered would it be better off at a place that just works on suspension set ups etc?

Any experienced advice is appreciated

cheers

g

Yes, tyre pressure is correct. What's Geo?

Silly question, have you checked tyre pressure?

Next is Geo.

Definitely sounds like the suspension needs to be tightened.

They do come loose after a while on G's but not as quickly as the M's.

It happened to me when I 1st got my car. Above 230km/h on the speedo, the car suddenly floated. Luckily, there was a mechanic nearby and quickly resolved the issue.

G,

Take it to Johnson Alignment in Torrance. They did my car recently and did a beautiful job. Prices are reasonable.

I had my car corner balanced with me in the car and an alignment. Plus they replaced my front bushings that were worn out.

That sounds good, I'll give them a shout. However I had the wheels aligned not so long ago so I don't know if it's that. Would worn bushings make it feel floaty at speed?

Hope your well and your wee boy is healthy and happy

g

G,

Take it to Johnson Alignment in Torrance. They did my car recently and did a beautiful job. Prices are reasonable.

I had my car corner balanced with me in the car and an alignment. Plus they replaced my front bushings that were worn out.

That sounds good, I'll give them a shout. However I had the wheels aligned not so long ago so I don't know if it's that. Would worn bushings make it feel floaty at speed?

Hope your well and your wee boy is healthy and happy

g

Worn bushings could definitely lead to floaty handling at speed. I bought a set from BH Lambo for around $60 and had them install them. Transformed the car. Turn in was much more precise, reduced understeer.

They will look at the toe and camber. Which could be a problem too.

They do a lot of suspension tuning for race cars, they really know what they are doing.

We are well, Noah is doing great, almost walking.

Cheers for that!

Worn bushings could definitely lead to floaty handling at speed. I bought a set from BH Lambo for around $60 and had them install them. Transformed the car. Turn in was much more precise, reduced understeer.

They do a lot of suspension tuning for race cars, they really know what they are doing.

+1 to the Johnston suggestion.

Took my G there after Kinnsella did his and they did a bang-up job.

I have to take my Porsche there too whenever I get some time.

G....

Have them realign your car. I'll pay for it if you aren't happy, you will notice the difference.

They sanded the hubs of 2 of my wheels to remove overspray rather than add wheel weights when doing the corner balance.

Good idea, I'm going to book in for next week. The only problem is finding enough time to get out there. Did they do it while you waited? If I'm feeling confident enough after it's done then we can go play on the twisty stuff?

G....

Have them realign your car. I'll pay for it if you aren't happy, you will notice the difference.

They sanded the hubs of 2 of my wheels to remove overspray rather than add wheel weights when doing the corner balance.

How many miles on the G do the bushings have to be replaced? Any estimates?

How many miles on the G do the bushings have to be replaced? Any estimates?

I drive my car pretty hard. Just after 15k miles one of the bushings disintregrated. When I replaced both, the remaining one was really worn too.

After my car was converted to RWD, I had to have the suspension rebalanced. I have a 04 and there was a campain on the bushings (the previous owner never brought it in to be done), and they were in terrible condition. They also found that that things needed to be tighten up.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah it took less than an hour to change the bushings.

Kinnsella, Do they have Lambo fit bushings, or do I have to buy from BH and bring it in?

I don't feel anything wrong with my G.

I'm just taking your suggestion, and I want to make sure that everything is right and tight.

TIA

Kinnsella, Do they have Lambo fit bushings, or do I have to buy from BH and bring it in?

I don't feel anything wrong with my G.

I'm just taking your suggestion, and I want to make sure that everything is right and tight.

TIA

I ordered the bushings from BH Lambo. They do not have them, took about a week, they were $60 or so for the pair.

gla took his car in to Johnson's Alignment, his car did not need bushings, but they did do alignment and corner balance (i believe). He told me the floatiness had gone away and that the car was much more predictable.

yeah they did a great job, I just got back from Palm Springs and the car felt rock solid. It used to get really light under load at the front, now it's planted and true. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Hey Kinnsella, I like your new sig!

I ordered the bushings from BH Lambo. They do not have them, took about a week, they were $60 or so for the pair.

gla took his car in to Johnson's Alignment, his car did not need bushings, but they did do alignment and corner balance (i believe). He told me the floatiness had gone away and that the car was much more predictable.