Lambo Factory on National Geographic

ts640

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME Video!!!

I never knew that the LP on LPXXX meant Longitudinal Posterity, always thought it meant Lambo Power. ;)

agreed 110%, not even ferrari build cars like this anymore, their manufacturing process is nearly as automated as any other modern car factory, just on a smaller scale.

The only thing that has me baffled is, does Lamborghini actually make any of thier own components? (apart from the leather upholstery), Ive been told they dont even manufacture their own bodies/chassis.

Murcie engine is built in the factory, The G/LP560 engine arrives at the factory fully assembled. There is a huge machine shop in the factory, containing both old and new machining equipment .

SV stands for 'Super veloce', I thought it was 'Sport veloce'? Oh well, I guess the director of brand & design knows better.

It's a nice documentary but the commentator is kind of annoying imo

SV stands for 'Super veloce', I thought it was 'Sport veloce'? Oh well, I guess the director of brand & design knows better.

Actually it stood for Spinto Veloce ('pushed'/tuned fast) in its original guise on the Miura, but most of the verbiage I've seen on the Murcielago SV has had it as Super Veloce (not sure about the Diablo but I think it's the same). Given that even Lamborghini can't seem to make their minds up, you might as well just call it the Saucy Vercingetorix.

Actually it stood for Spinto Veloce ('pushed'/tuned fast) in its original guise on the Miura, but most of the verbiage I've seen on the Murcielago SV has had it as Super Veloce (not sure about the Diablo but I think it's the same). Given that even Lamborghini can't seem to make their minds up, you might as well just call it the Saucy Vercingetorix.

If I remember right, the Diablo was Sportivo Veloce. It means something like: sportier... I think they have the reason why they use different meaning for different models.

What color LP is that at 21:29

I think it's an LP. not the SV, if you meant the violet car.

I think it's an LP. not the SV, if you meant the violet car.

Yes that is the car I'm talking about. I didn't get to see much of it but it looks good.

Finally had to to watch the show. Very interesting. I wish that when I was at the dealer we could rotate car in the air like they do. It would make some of the job easier.

What go me was how fast they dropped the engine in the car. 2 min for them. We also took at least 10 min. to drop the engine in. I was alo suprized the see th woman on the line.

Did anyone noticed the guy with the impact and his extention taped up? I thoughtit was pretty funny.

Over all the show was pretty good. Wish that they could have had more time and got more indepth.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for resurrecting the thread, but my friend extracted some frames from this show to point out the weak points (in his opinion) in the production process. :)

post-9291-1297990248_thumb.jpg

post-9291-1297990264_thumb.jpg

post-9291-1297990296_thumb.jpg

post-9291-1297990339_thumb.jpg

post-9291-1297990367_thumb.jpg

post-9291-1297990390_thumb.jpg

post-9291-1297990406_thumb.jpg