What to look out for before buying a G Spyder

cablesurge

Hi guys,

Am new to this forum. Am looking at an '07 Gallardo Spyder. When i test drove it, everything seemed fine. Sounded amazing but there was a squeak or grinding noise whenever i stepped on the pedal. even when i was cruising.

Is this normal? Is this a problem with the G cars? Could it be a throttle body problem?

Would appreciate if you guys could get back to me on this asap. Also, what other things should I look out for?

Sounded amazing but there was a squeak or grinding noise whenever i stepped on the pedal. even when i was cruising.

Is this normal? Is this a problem with the G cars? Could it be a throttle body problem?

Definetly not throttle bodies. What pedal? Brake pedal or gas pedal?

Do yourself a favor and schedule a PPI with a local Lambo dealer.

How many miles on it? For the most part they're bulletproof.

You might want to pay a little more and buy a 2008, it comes with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Some times the soft top bucket in the engine bay can make a creaking noise but this is over bumps or going in and out of drive ways. To solve the bucket comes out and insulating tape goes onto fram rails that it mounts to easy cheep fix.

sounds like the air intakes. People have described this as a whistling, grating, or rattling metal sound when pressing the accelerator. This will happen even at slow speeds. I think it can be minimised by resealing some foam but I'd definitely get it checked before buying.

I like the character it gives the car so I haven't 'fixed' it.

Hi guys,

Am new to this forum. Am looking at an '07 Gallardo Spyder. When i test drove it, everything seemed fine. Sounded amazing but there was a squeak or grinding noise whenever i stepped on the pedal. even when i was cruising.

Would appreciate if you guys could get back to me on this asap. Also, what other things should I look out for?

Be clearer on what you are hearing and what pedal you are hitting. Most common noise is the bucket for the top. Some 07 cars had noise coming from the front control arms. The control arm noise seems like it comes from the dash area.

Both noises happen for the most part when going over bumps or in and out of driveways. Also the bucket noise can be heard when on an uneven surface. the buck is the easy fix.

The noise is only when i step on the accelerator pedal. There is this grinding metallic sound, as if the accelerator pedal is driven by a cable and the cable is rubbing on something. The moment i release it, the sound goes away, but it comes again even at the slightest tap on the accelerator. Anyone had this experience before. I really dont think this is the air intakes. Sound seems to come from behind in the engine bay and not from the dash.

Sounds odd. There is no cable from the gas pedal to the engine. Only wires to the ECU it fly by wire system. I would always recomend a PPI from a independent party that knows the cars.

Now I'm sticking with my first answer. The air intakes are behind the doors... on the outside of the car, not inside or in front. I classify the sound as metallic whistling if there is such a thing and when I first got my car, I would demonstrate the noise for passengers who heard it. It is not actually a problem or something to be concerned about but as I said before, definitely get it checked and make sure it's not something else.

The noise is only when i step on the accelerator pedal. There is this grinding metallic sound, as if the accelerator pedal is driven by a cable and the cable is rubbing on something. The moment i release it, the sound goes away, but it comes again even at the slightest tap on the accelerator. Anyone had this experience before. I really dont think this is the air intakes. Sound seems to come from behind in the engine bay and not from the dash.

Hi Nero,

Am actually getting the car from the dealer. So went back yesterday to test drive a different one. This time it was an '07 Nero. Yes you are right! It is actually the air intake that is making the noise. Its amazing how it can actually sound so metallic. Didnt know that the suction would be so strong. What if i were to change my air filters? Will the sound still be there? any experience?

Hi Nero,

Am actually getting the car from the dealer. So went back yesterday to test drive a different one. This time it was an '07 Nero. Yes you are right! It is actually the air intake that is making the noise. Its amazing how it can actually sound so metallic. Didnt know that the suction would be so strong. What if i were to change my air filters? Will the sound still be there? any experience?

If the sound is coming from the intake then I would say it should sound like a vacuum leak not a grinding sound. I have heard the noise from the intake and it is more of a rush of air sound or a winney sound.

If the noise is coming from the intake you should be able to change the air filter to the style that came in the 04-05 paper filter and the noise should go away. Make sure you reseach this more. You do not want to end up with a car that has problems that are misdiagnoised.

I have the same noise coming back from the intake sounds. It sounds like it's just the intakes sucking in air really. It's kinda like a whistle. Makes a similar sound to a blow off valve or a turbo spooling up real fast.

I think it sounds cool so I don't really care about it.

The noise isn't due to the air filters as far as I know. I have cleaned and reseated my filters but it doesn't affect that sound. I think it's a foam seal somewhere but I haven't had everything apart yet to discover it. There were a few threads about this before but I'm not sure if they're still here. Only one person had luck fixing it. I personally like the sound and to everyone, it really does sound metallic and not like a typical hose leak. It's much easier to hear on Spyders b/c, well, it's so open.

What if i were to change my air filters? Will the sound still be there? any experience?