Where to get good heath insurance?

fmari

www.eHealthInsurance.com , anyone use these guys? Where do you guys get your private health insurance? Is Humana or Blue cross any good? Any feedback or examples appreciated.

good health insurance is (for me) based on two things: Ease of claim settlement and acceptence. There are some cheap insurances out there which are bad and so price should not be the most important factor.

I had Humana years ago and I recall that they were decent.

With any insurance, the devil is in the fine print. Read it before signing any papers no matter what the guy on the other side of the table says.

www.eHealthInsurance.com , anyone use these guys? Where do you guys get your private health insurance? Is Humana or Blue cross any good? Any feedback or examples appreciated.

CANADA!!!

Oh wait, private. Still Canada

I deal with this every day and must say Blue Cross is 100% the best. You "may" pay more, but it is better. I know in Kansas they eliminated all HMOs.

Humana is THE WORST, besides what the government gives (Medicare, healthwave, VA). I remember they had a contract with a urologist. He charged about $400 at the time for a vasectomy. They did not read the fine print with humana. They paid $1.48 to the doctor for it, and the rest was a write off! The doctor lost money to see their patients.

There is a reason, at least in our area, that BCBS does not allow an insurance broker to sell them.