One month with the LP560

Turbo50Mike

So far I've had my LP560-4 for about a month and logged about 1500 miles. And all I can say is "WOW" - this is a really good car.

I got the E-gear for this car (my 04 was a 6sp manual, so I wanted a change), and I simply cannot explain how smooth the new e-gear is.

There is NO jerky-ness that plagued the previous cars, and I would almost say that the new system drives smoother than I could drive a manual; It's that good.

I've used the auto mode quite a bit, and it's actually really good! The Auto/Sport mode is even better - VERY aggressive redline shifts, and ultra-responsive downshift when slowing, or 'punching' the throttle.

And then of course there is Corsa paddle mode - And everytime I take someone out for a ride, on the 1 - 2 shift it hits so hard they think we broke something!

The suspension is smooth, and the carbon brakes are great with virtually no dust to clean off the car after each drive (my only complaint about the stock brakes on my 04). They squeak slightly, but after coming from the Lambo steel brakes, I call these 'quiet'.

A few pics..More mods to come, but I already tinted all the windows and windshield. Soon I'll get the stock rims painted, calipers painted, and markers blacked out.

Sure this car is not as 'aggressive' as the Superlegerra, but it's really a complete pleasure to drive every single day. (Well, if you can deal with some of the attention it gets)

560_1__Medium_.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0065.JPG

Ut_Oh_.JPG

Nice writeup, Lambo got it right with the 560. Love the color, beautiful car.

Aaron

Thanks...I would write more, but it's all been said before - and you summed it up with " Lambo got it right with the 560".

For anyone on the fence about getting a 560, don't hesitate - It's that good.

Sure this car is not as 'aggressive' as the Superlegerra

This is why I can't wait for the 560 SL, I think it will be the best all around sportscar on the planet!

Nice writeup, Lambo got it right with the 560. Love the color, beautiful car.

Aaron

:iamwithstupid:

Beautiful car Mike!

Have you got any serious plans?

Yes. I am going to wait until the middle of next year and then locate a pre-owned Spyder. Hopefully by then there will be other TTs on the road with some development miles.

Again, congrats Mike! :) Looks great and the next mods will top it off.

You mentioned about driving it everyday...have you been daily driving it?

I drive it as much as possible. But for the most part I've drive it in some capacity every day that it hasn't rained. Sometimes just to the bank or post office, sometimes to my office, and sometimes to friends houses and such.

It's really good...I don't even think twice about jumping in and going somewhere; Although when I get there, I panic about where I can park it! D'oh.

Thanks for the write up! The daily details and experiences about the LP560 are exactly what I am trying to find, so I, for one, would appreciate any elaborations you would like to add. I assumed there have been other write-ups, but I can't find them.

Thanks for the write up! The daily details and experiences about the LP560 are exactly what I am trying to find, so I, for one, would appreciate any elaborations you would like to add. I assumed there have been other write-ups, but I can't find them.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41486

That review was actually done on this exact car too!

from what i have read the egear is the most improved feature from earlier years, would you agree?

I've driven 06 Egear cars, and been in the 08 SL Egear. While I wasn't totally against either year; by comparison the LP is WORLDS better than the 06, and much improved over the 08 SL. It is possible that an 06 with some software updates and what not, would be better than what I experienced.

But this LP is really nice...You literally just put the slightest of pressure on the gas pedal, and the clutch starts engaging very, very smoothly.

great looking car if i was to get any color it'd be that one, once you black out the markers, paint the caliber and wheels, it'll be perfecto! congrats on it

What is the amount of tint you put on the windshield? I assume it must be light so "they" don't notice it and stop you. ;)

50%. I wanted it *perfect* and it is, so it is REALLY hard to tell it is even tinted...Add that to the fact that 'they' never really see lambos, and they think it's stock!

50%. I wanted it *perfect* and it is, so it is REALLY hard to tell it is even tinted...Add that to the fact that 'they' never really see lambos, and they think it's stock!

Unless "they" happen to own one.... :eusa_wall:

Sure this car is not as 'aggressive' as the Superlegerra, but it's really a complete pleasure to drive every single day. (Well, if you can deal with some of the attention it gets)

What do you mean not as aggressive as teh superleggera? the lp560 has a lot more power/weight than the superleggera.

Congrats and thanks for the write-up!

Does your left foot get tired from being on dead pedal too much? Do you miss the three pedals at all?

There is a small part of me that misses the 6sp. :aiwebs_003:

Unless "they" happen to own one.... :eusa_wall:

Crap...Now I have to avoid Mahwah.

What do you mean not as aggressive as teh superleggera? the lp560 has a lot more power/weight than the superleggera.

The 560 almost feels like a GT car, it is that smooth/perfect. And so boring.

The SL (especially the Euro spec with the seats) is a raw monster, it makes you feel you're driving a Lamborghini :icon_super: