Found a potential LP560.. comfort package question

LamborghiniGirLp640

I have found a LP560 that could be the one-- but it has the comfort package on it.

I have searched and seen the general consensus on LamboPower is that the ride is superior without the comfort package, and there was even a member who really disliked it to the point of changing cars. But-- how comfy is it really? I haven't found anyone's description of it, or what kind of car your could compare the ride to.

Is it more comfy than a stock e46 m3? Or still rougher than that?

If anyone has a benchmark you could compare it to, I'd like to know. I won't have an opportunity to test drive one with the comfort package locally.

Thanks!

I could be wrong but AFAIK, the comfort package has little to do with the ride quality. It's just wider seats with slightly better padded upholstery. There were some pics of the seats a long while ago but those may have been lost in the big site crash a few years back.

The feel of an E46 M3 is totally different from a LP560; can't say which one is better because it's apples and oranges. But the LP560 is without a doubt the smoothest Lambo ever made. That could be a plus or a minus subject to one's taste.

Big difference is different suspension settings and also wider seats. Is it the car in Atlanta? I know that their orange car has comfort pack seats on it. Orange one I believe.

Really? I was under the impression the comfort package directly had to do with the suspension. This is one of the links that is the cause for my concern: Comfort Package

If all it really is is more comfortable seats, I don't think I would have a problem with that.

Thanks for the link & clarification. :icon_thumleft: Ok, so the LP560 comfort package is different from the original Gallardo comfort package --- the LP560 has softer suspension in addition. My comments were based on the original G.

IMO, the standard suspension on the LP560, is quite a leap from the original G in terms of suppleness & ride quality. In fact, it's borderline too soft for me (although I am used to the sports suspension). A softer suspension than the standard one (again, IMO) would be too soft and kind of a waste for that calibre of cars.

Thanks for everyone's help.

It isn't an orange Gallardo in Atlanta, I haven't seen that one.

The one I found is everything I am looking for other than the comfort package-- I guess I could just swap suspension later to aftermarket. That would solve the problem right?

Probably not a road you want to go down. You could do it, but why. I am sure with a couple of clicks you can find what you are looking for. What car are you looking at?

This says it includes soft suspension.

Russell

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560 4 Packages & Options

2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Coupe Packages

5MQ Interior Leather Pkg I - $495

Luxury trim leather on shift lever skirt, leather on doors and leather on dashboard; Excludes: [5MR] Interior Leather Pkg II

5MR Interior Leather Pkg II - $4,110

Luxury trim leather on shift lever skirt, leather on doors and leather on dashboard; Additional leather in various locations; Excludes: [5MQ] Interior Leather Pkg I

NR1 Branding Package - $910

Badging on Dash, Headrests & Wheels

PCG Comfort Package - $5,200

Heated electrically adjustable driver and passenger seat with height adjustment, lumbar adjustment, four adjustments and tilt adjustment; Soft alternate suspension; Comfort seats with special stitching; Lifting system; Excludes: [4A3] Heated Seats And [PPS] Sport Setup with Lifting System

PKC Travel Package - $650

Load restraint; Driver's storage box; Front seats cup holders

PPS Sport Setup with Lifting System - $2,060

Sport alternate suspension; Excludes: [PCG] Comfort Package

PW1 Winter Package - $850

Plastic/rubber floor mats; 12v power outlet: cargo and 1; Heated washer; Includes: [4A3] Heated Seats

QE6 Luggage Set I & II (front and rear) - $7,800

Includes: [QE5] Luggage Set II (Behind Seats) And [QE4] Luggage Set I (Front)

VJ8 Style Package - $1,580

Shiny black exterior paint accents

2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Coupe Options

0UB Bi-Colors Elegant - $1,815

Two-tone interior trim

0UC Bi-Colors Sportive - $1,815

Two-tone interior trim; Contrasting inserts in seats, I/P, doors; Excludes: [0UB] Bi-Colors Elegant

0UF Unicolor Sportive - $1,815

Monochromatic interior trim; Excludes: [0UB] Bi-Colors Elegant And [0UC] Bi-Colors Sportive

1ML Steering Wheel in Suede Leather - $650

Suede sports steering wheel

2PV Steering Wheel in Perforated Leather - $650

Leather covered sports steering wheel

2WD Cassiopea Rims on Winter Tires - $5,200

Front and rear alloy wheels; Front and rear tires with all-season tread; Excludes: [2XG] Cassiopea Titanium Colored Rims on Winter Tires And [CS2] Callisto Wheels, Silver w/Standard Tires And [C6N] Callisto Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [CH4] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [7FK] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium w/Sports Tires And [F22] Cordelia Rims And [F21] Callisto Wheels, Shiny Black Colored Rims And [C*2] Apollo Rims with Pirelli Sottozero Tires

2XG Cassiopea Titanium Colored Rims on Winter Tires - $6,050

Cassiopea Titanium Wheels; Front and rear tires with mud & snow tread; Excludes: [2WD] Cassiopea Rims on Winter Tires

4A3 Heated Seats - $600

Heated driver and passenger seat; Excludes: [PCG] Comfort Package

6F3 CI Badge for Rims - $240

CI Logo for Wheels

6NN Alcantara Roof Lining and Pillars - $1,040

Alcantara headliner upholstery

7A2 CD Changer - $0

Disc autochanger boot, 6 and CD; Audio system with Disc Autochanger and six-disc remote changer

7AL Anti Theft Alarm - $665

Peripheral interior monitoring anti-theft protection

7FK Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium w/Sports Tires - $5,200

Front and rear alloy wheels; Front and rear conventional tires; Excludes: [CS2] Callisto Wheels, Silver w/Standard Tires And [C6N] Callisto Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [CH4] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [2WD] Cassiopea Rims on Winter Tires And [F22] Cordelia Rims And [F21] Callisto Wheels, Shiny Black Colored Rims And [C*2] Apollo Rims with Pirelli Sottozero Tires

7X9 Rear View Camera - $2,600

Parking distance sensors rear and camera

8SB Dark Rear Lights - $325

Dark rear light lenses

9JC Smoker Version - $0

Front ashtray; Front seats cigar lighter

9ZG Bluetooth - $910

Wireless connection Bluetooth

ALC Alcantara - $1,815

Alcantara seat upholstery with additional alcantara; Excludes: [bS] Blu Scylla (Blue) And [bP] Nero Perseus (Black) And [MJ] Marrone Janus (Brown) And [bPA] Nero Perseus Alcantara (Black) And [GTA] Giallo Taurus Alcantara (Yellow) And [N7U] Interior Trim, Alcantara/Leather

C*2 Apollo Rims with Pirelli Sottozero Tires - $6,500

Front and rear alloy wheels; Excludes: [CS2] Callisto Wheels, Silver w/Standard Tires And [C6N] Callisto Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [CH4] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [7FK] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium w/Sports Tires And [2WD] Cassiopea Rims on Winter Tires And [F22] Cordelia Rims And [F21] Callisto Wheels, Shiny Black Colored Rims

C6N Callisto Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires - $4,460

Front and rear alloy wheels; Excludes: [CS2] Callisto Wheels, Silver w/Standard Tires And [CH4] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [7FK] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium w/Sports Tires And [2WD] Cassiopea Rims on Winter Tires And [F22] Cordelia Rims And [F21] Callisto Wheels, Shiny Black Colored Rims And [C*2] Apollo Rims with Pirelli Sottozero Tires

CH4 Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires - $1,210

Front and rear alloy wheels; Excludes: [CS2] Callisto Wheels, Silver w/Standard Tires And [C6N] Callisto Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [7FK] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium w/Sports Tires And [2WD] Cassiopea Rims on Winter Tires And [F22] Cordelia Rims And [F21] Callisto Wheels, Shiny Black Colored Rims And [C*2] Apollo Rims with Pirelli Sottozero Tires

CS2 Callisto Wheels, Silver w/Standard Tires - $3,250

Front and rear alloy wheels; Excludes: [C6N] Callisto Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [CH4] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [7FK] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium w/Sports Tires And [2WD] Cassiopea Rims on Winter Tires And [F22] Cordelia Rims And [F21] Callisto Wheels, Shiny Black Colored Rims And [C*2] Apollo Rims with Pirelli Sottozero Tires

F21 Callisto Wheels, Shiny Black Colored Rims - $4,460

Front and rear alloy wheels; Excludes: [CS2] Callisto Wheels, Silver w/Standard Tires And [C6N] Callisto Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [CH4] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [7FK] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium w/Sports Tires And [2WD] Cassiopea Rims on Winter Tires And [F22] Cordelia Rims And [C*2] Apollo Rims with Pirelli Sottozero Tires

F22 Cordelia Rims - $5,200

Front and rear alloy wheels; Excludes: [CS2] Callisto Wheels, Silver w/Standard Tires And [C6N] Callisto Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [CH4] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium-Colored w/Std Tires And [7FK] Cassiopea Wheels, Titanium w/Sports Tires And [2WD] Cassiopea Rims on Winter Tires And [F21] Callisto Wheels, Shiny Black Colored Rims And [C*2] Apollo Rims with Pirelli Sottozero Tires

G1E e-gear - $10,000

Manual transmission with automatic clutch and shift lever on column manual sequential, automatic mode - manual and manual sequential; Automatic drive indicator on dashboard; Charges: gas guzzler tax: 2,600

GRGR Paint, Exterior Color to Match Sample - $7,500

Customised paint; Excludes: [MET] Metallic Colors And [TLC] Three-Layer Colors And [ORC] Out of Current Range Colors

IQC Interior Q-citura - $2,600

Lozenge-shaped upholstery stitching

J004 Standard Paint Type - $0

Black paint

J005 Standard Paint Type - $0

Gloss paint

MET Metallic Colors - $1,815

Metallic paint; Excludes: [TLC] Three-Layer Colors And [ORC] Out of Current Range Colors And [GRGR] Paint, Exterior Color to Match Sample

MT 6-Speed Manual Transmission - $0

Manual six-speed sports or close ratio transmission with shift lever on floor manual; Charges: gas guzzler tax: 3,700

N7U Interior Trim, Alcantara/Leather - $1,815

Alcantara seat upholstery with additional leather; Excludes: [bS] Blu Scylla (Blue) And [bP] Nero Perseus (Black) And [MJ] Marrone Janus (Brown) And [ALC] Alcantara

NM2 Transparent Engine Bonnet - $4,235

Transparent Engine Bonnet

ORC Out of Current Range Colors - $7,260

Customised paint; Excludes: [MET] Metallic Colors And [TLC] Three-Layer Colors And [GRGR] Paint, Exterior Color to Match Sample

PC1 Brake Calipers, Yellow-Colored - $850

Yellow Brake Calipers

PC2 Brake Calipers, Grey-Colored - $850

Grey Brake Calipers; Excludes: [PC1] Brake Calipers, Yellow-Colored

PC3 Ceramic Brakes w/Yellow Calipers - $16,450

Ceramic brakes; Yellow brake calipers; Excludes: [PC2] Brake Calipers, Grey-Colored And [PC1] Brake Calipers, Yellow-Colored And [PC5] Ceramic Brakes w/Black Calipers And [PC4] Ceramic Brakes w/Grey Calipers

PC4 Ceramic Brakes w/Grey Calipers - $16,450

Ceramic brakes; Silver brake calipers; Excludes: [PC2] Brake Calipers, Grey-Colored And [PC1] Brake Calipers, Yellow-Colored And [PC3] Ceramic Brakes w/Yellow Calipers And [PC5] Ceramic Brakes w/Black Calipers

PC5 Ceramic Brakes w/Black Calipers - $15,600

Ceramic brakes; Black brake calipers; Excludes: [PC2] Brake Calipers, Grey-Colored And [PC1] Brake Calipers, Yellow-Colored And [PC3] Ceramic Brakes w/Yellow Calipers And [PC4] Ceramic Brakes w/Grey Calipers

PNE Navigation System - $2,600

Navigational systems

QE4 Luggage Set I (Front) - $3,900

Luggage Set I (Front)

QE5 Luggage Set II (Behind Seats) - $3,900

Luggage set - behind seats

TLC Three-Layer Colors - $3,390

Multi-coat metallic paint; Excludes: [MET] Metallic Colors And [ORC] Out of Current Range Colors And [GRGR] Paint, Exterior Color to Match Sample

UF2 iPod Preparation - $780

Connection to ext.entertainment devices ipod

VC1 HomeLink - $360

Garage door opener; Coming home device

WV1 Electric & Heated Seats - $3,630

Electrically adjustable driver and passenger seat with height adjustment, lumbar adjustment, four adjustments and tilt adjustment; Includes: [4A3] Heated Seats

Russell: Thanks for posting that list.

1) Some people on here say the difference is huge between standard suspension and the soft version, but other people say the difference is barely noticeable. Is it easy to find out which dealerships have cars with the comfort package to test drive? I'd rather fly somewhere and test it before buying. My local dealership doesn't have one with the comfort package.

Unrelated question:

2) If you buy a Lamborghini from an exotic dealership that is not an official Lamborghini dealership, is it unreasonable to ask for the car to be shipped to the closest official dealership to be inspected?

Thanks everyone :D

Why not let people on this board know what specs you are looking for and someone might be able to help locate one for you.

Russell

Russell and everyone else, I would really appreciate help to find what I am looking for so here it is:

LP560

Coupe

White or Black exterior

Red q-citura interior

I have only found one car that fits these criteria- and like I said, it has the comfort package. Of course I know the other option is to configure it new from the factory, but at this point I just want to look at existing cars.

I may post this in the Classifieds too later this evening.

Thanks!!

Russell and everyone else, I would really appreciate help to find what I am looking for so here it is:

LP560

Coupe

White or Black exterior

Red q-citura interior

I have only found one car that fits these criteria- and like I said, it has the comfort package. Of course I know the other option is to configure it new from the factory, but at this point I just want to look at existing cars.

I may post this in the Classifieds too later this evening.

Thanks!!

I would be willing to bet that the car you found in Arkansas is one of the only White/Red Q-citura cars in the country. St. Louis had a Black with Red/Black two-tone interior a month or so ago, but I cannot recall if the stitching was Q-citura. Your preferred combination is so specific that you might have to order a car or settle for something close and then possible modify it. I have seen leather work done by the right people that easily rivals what comes out of the factory. That may be more effort and expense than you would like to invest, but your options are limited.

Given your specifics, why not take the time to drive a car with each suspension and then make your decision? You might have to fly to Arkansas to drive a car with the comfort package, but it would be worth it to know on this type of investment. I prefer the standard suspension, but I can appreciate the softer ride of the comfort package car as well. I guess it depends on how you plan to drive the car.

Good luck,

JJB

I would be willing to bet that the car you found in Arkansas is one of the only White/Red Q-citura cars in the country. St. Louis had a Black with Red/Black two-tone interior a month or so ago, but I cannot recall if the stitching was Q-citura. Your preferred combination is so specific that you might have to order a car or settle for something close and then possible modify it. I have seen leather work done by the right people that easily rivals what comes out of the factory. That may be more effort and expense than you would like to invest, but your options are limited.

Given your specifics, why not take the time to drive a car with each suspension and then make your decision? You might have to fly to Arkansas to drive a car with the comfort package, but it would be worth it to know on this type of investment. I prefer the standard suspension, but I can appreciate the softer ride of the comfort package car as well. I guess it depends on how you plan to drive the car.

Good luck,

JJB

Thank you for your detailed insight! I figured there were only a couple in the US with the combination I wanted, which is why I haven't posted my desired specs earlier. I would like to test drive each suspension for buying, which is why I asked if anyone knew of other dealerships with comfort package LP560's at the moment. My local dealership has a standard one I will test last this month.

Would you say there is a severe difference between comfort and standard suspension? One person I spoke with said they could even notice the difference. Another said it is like night and day.

I talked to one of the sales reps today at the dealership with the White/Red LP560 about by second question I posted- about having the car shipped to an authorized dealership for an inspection before buying. He told me I would have to buy the car before I could have it shipped. And then I could get $ back if I didn't like the results. Is that normal? Or should they be more willing to accommodate this request? Since no one at any dealership takes me seriously on the phone, I wanted to check on here.

Thanks!

Once you own it, you own it. They can, but have no obligation, to take the car back. Unless, of course, you have the car delivered via carrier. If you do that, in most states, you have 3 day right of refusal due to delivery. I would not take the chance, have the car inspected where it is. I can't imagine much wrong with an LP 560 as they are so new and they are still covered under warranty, but anything is possible. You have come to the right place with your questions though, any help we can be of is the reason L Power exists. Good luck with the search. You mind if I ask where you live?

Thank you for your detailed insight! I figured there were only a couple in the US with the combination I wanted, which is why I haven't posted my desired specs earlier. I would like to test drive each suspension for buying, which is why I asked if anyone knew of other dealerships with comfort package LP560's at the moment. My local dealership has a standard one I will test last this month.

Would you say there is a severe difference between comfort and standard suspension? One person I spoke with said they could even notice the difference. Another said it is like night and day.

I talked to one of the sales reps today at the dealership with the White/Red LP560 about by second question I posted- about having the car shipped to an authorized dealership for an inspection before buying. He told me I would have to buy the car before I could have it shipped. And then I could get $ back if I didn't like the results. Is that normal? Or should they be more willing to accommodate this request? Since no one at any dealership takes me seriously on the phone, I wanted to check on here.

Thanks!

They SHOULD accomodate you to get it inspected at a Lambo dealer. You should have to pay for shipping both ways, plus inspection. They should not object to that, for any reason. If you are spending $ on doing this, they should take you seriously.

If you have to, go there in person, and talk to the boss, maybe they will take you more seriously. Airfare is very cheap, compared to any Lambo repair. If you are buying rather than renting (leasing), bring your bank statement showing you have cash. That should get them to perk up! Alternatively, wire them a $10K refundable deposit. If this car is so rare, it is not going to wait for you.....so get moving!

Thank you for all of the responses. Realistically, I don't think I will have time to make a trip to see this car and test drive until after the holidays, as I am moving in a week and things are really hectic.

carbuff- I assumed that would be reasonable- to pay for a carrier and pay for the inspection but the rep said I had to buy the car first. I will follow up about this again. The other option I thought of is flying a tech of my choice out to do the inspection on site, but I don't know if that would be as helpful.

Another unrelated question: Do balloon white Lamborghini's ever actually look this shimmery in real life? Or is this finish something done with photo editing? Most of the other pictures I have seen of balloon white look nothing like this.

balloon_white2.jpg

Looked at the LP560 on Shelby's website{Elite Autos}. He does know highlines well. I would be surprised if he actually bought the car without a PPI himself{unless it was an auction car}. Since the vehicle is under warranty, then previous damage, and % of clutch wear are your two major concerns. Does he not have a PPI from when he purchased the car?

In regards to the comfort package: Unless you are tracking the car or drive extremely agressive on roads that are not straight, you are probably better off with the comfort package. Height and lumbar adjustment are two nice additions to the power seats.

What someone may feel is soft in suspension, may be extremely stiff to another, or vice versa.

The pricing seems to be current realistic retail value at 189K.

A 5 minute conversation with an unbiased party will most likely uncover what suspension best suits you.

I have found a LP560 that could be the one-- but it has the comfort package on it.

I have searched and seen the general consensus on LamboPower is that the ride is superior without the comfort package, and there was even a member who really disliked it to the point of changing cars. But-- how comfy is it really? I haven't found anyone's description of it, or what kind of car your could compare the ride to.

Is it more comfy than a stock e46 m3? Or still rougher than that?

If anyone has a benchmark you could compare it to, I'd like to know. I won't have an opportunity to test drive one with the comfort package locally.

Thanks!

Bro, whatever you do, DO NOT get the car with the comfort package. Both the Gallardo and LP560 have a softer suspension with this option installed. I had both. Initially, My Nera had the comfort package on it. On the Gallardo, the difference in suspension was 15% (as advertised by Lambo) softer. On the LP560, it was 10% (also stated by Lambo) softer.

Although both cars were easier to live with here in Lebanon due to the crappy roads, i still found myself regretting the option due to the fact that i didnt drive the car every day, and when i felt like going for a spirited drive, it would bob and tilt in every corner. Trust me when i tell you, that this option is the biggest waste of money, and will cost a fortune to change once the car is delivered.

I can go into way more details, but i think you should just take my word for it. A lambo should be stiff in the corners. Otherwise it just aint fun.

Cant wait for them to release a model with variable suspension like on the Scuderia. Now that would be something worth the money :icon_thumleft: