PC took a dive

topcabron

So, the computer wont fully boot up in normal mode. I press f8 when I turn the computer on and then I go into safe modewith networking.

After I am in safe mode, I cant figure out what is wrong. Insafe mode, not everything works (obviously).

What should I do to get my PC to boot up completely?

Start-programs-accessories-system tools-system restore and pick an earlier date, when it worked right.

That's no good. And what about the last good configuration option from the menu after pressing F8?

You and I are in the same exact boat....

Last night, Im on the laptop.... I get a Vurus warning from ESET.... it says its quarantined... Reboot, SAME virus warning pops again...

Go into safe mode.... Run a virus scan....

Go to restart- Blue screen of death in Normal startup AND Safemode....

Reformat/ reinstall XP.... Takes all fcuking day.... Now Ive got no networking.... No drivers for the wireless or wired networks....

Anybody want a used laptop? Missing 6 keys and the screen is bent in half.

You and I are in the same exact boat....

Last night, Im on the laptop.... I get a Vurus warning from ESET.... it says its quarantined... Reboot, SAME virus warning pops again...

Go into safe mode.... Run a virus scan....

Go to restart- Blue screen of death in Normal startup AND Safemode....

Reformat/ reinstall XP.... Takes all fcuking day.... Now Ive got no networking.... No drivers for the wireless or wired networks....

Anybody want a used laptop? Missing 6 keys and the screen is bent in half.

Mine is ready to get thrown too.

I give up with these laptops.

That's no good. And what about the last good configuration option from the menu after pressing F8?

every choice yields the same result except safe mode......blue screen and non completion of the booting process. Well, my boot will be pretty complete as it kicks it across the yard.

Hearing these stories makes me happy I switched to Macs :icon_mrgreen:

When I had windows computers I saved all my data on external discs and when things went bad, I usually wiped my machine and did a fresh install of windows.

My father in law used to get viruses all the time. So I deleted IE on his laptop and installed firefox and he hasn't gotten one since. So I'm guessing he was messing around on adult sites (LOL) that installed viruses with activex or something.

every choice yields the same result except safe mode......blue screen and non completion of the booting process. Well, my boot will be pretty complete as it kicks it across the yard.

Reinstall Windows. :lol:

Reinstall or get your computer cleaned. I had a hell of a virus a few months ago out of no where. Damn thing uninstalled all my antivirus software.

fcuk me..... I can hear the hard drive clicking...... fcuk! MOTHERFUCKINGCOCKSUCKER!

Anybody want to recomend a new laptop Hard drive?

fcuk me..... I can hear the hard drive clicking...... fcuk! MOTHERFUCKINGCOCKSUCKER!

Anybody want to recomend a new laptop Hard drive?

Seriously, get a mac. It's 100000000 times better.

:iamwithstupid:

I'd highly recommend a mac over a windows PC. And for those programs that you need a windows platform, just install Parallels desktop. I work in computers and had windows computers for years and I was buying new PCs and latops every 6 months it seemed and they always crashed, or gave me problems and I was reinstalling operating systems almost monthly. Once I made the switch to macs several years ago I haven't had once problem since.

I still use windows for my media server in my home theater, but that's it. Everything else that I need a windows computer (not many for me) for I just run the program in parallels.

Right now I just want to fix whats busted....

I was the FIRST Mac guy (I still have my Mac Plus from 1986).

Right now I just want to fix whats busted....

I was the FIRST Mac guy (I still have my Mac Plus from 1986).

Get a solid state hard drive (SSD). No moving parts (less likely to fail), quicker boot up, and better performance all around.

Boot from your Windows CD and go to the Recovery Console

Once at the command line type: chkdsk /r

Once it completes, reboot and see if it takes care of it.

Boot from your Windows CD and go to the Recovery Console

Once at the command line type: chkdsk /r

Once it completes, reboot and see if it takes care of it.

what windows cd?

what windows cd?

You don't need the Windows cd since you can get in to safe mode. Boot in to safe mode and open a command prompt window (Start | Run...type cmd and hit OK). Once you have command prompt open type in chkdsk /r

It will ask if you'd like to run check disk the next time your computer reboots...type Y. Then reboot and let it do its thing.

Also you might want to check the System logs under "Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer

Sounds like your computer caught an STD ;)

In safe mode w/ network support go and download this.

http://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

I need some help guys.... I ordered a new hard drive.... I thought I was buying the right thing but the connections are totally fcuking different.

The one I have now has like 40 pins. It says ATA/IDE on it.

Its a 7200/ 60GB 2.5"

What do I need to buy?

I need some help guys.... I ordered a new hard drive.... I thought I was buying the right thing but the connections are totally fcuking different.

Its a 7200/ 60GB 2.5"

What do I need to buy?

What's your laptop make and model?

Its a 7200/ 60GB 2.5"

What do I need to buy?

The one you have 40pin PATA (Parallel ATA or IDE). Sounds like you need a SATA (Serial ATA). Get a Western Digital 80GB or higher capacity. Laptop model?

post-12771-1260225735_thumb.jpg

Its a 7200/ 60GB 2.5"

What do I need to buy?

Im guessing sata