3 guys hold family hostage, dad breaks free, chases guys

spazmatt527

In short, 3 guys break into a house, and the family comes home. The 3 guys tie them up and threaten to kill them if they do not cooperate. The dad breaks free, starts chasing the 3 guys. The dad, and his brother (which is also his neighbor) start chasing them. They catch one of the guys and beat him for so long that he gets brain damage.

Dad is now facing a few years in prison.

The guy who got brain damage is facing...nothing. He's free to go.

Personally, I do think the father and brother went over the line. They were no longer in danger, so what they did became a quickly-planned revenge, rather than self-defense. 2 years in prison sounds right to me. This is why cops get training...so that they know where the line is. The guy who got beaten should be imprisoned, whether or not he has brain damage.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brain damaged guy got what he deserved. If you break in my place and tie up my family I'll kill you. I'll follow your ass to the South Pole and kill you. I'll pay 200000 dollars and get on Virgin Galactic and fly to space and kill you.

Basically I'll kill you.

The brain damaged guy got what he deserved. If you break in my place and tie up my family I'll kill you. I'll follow your ass to the South Pole and kill you. I'll pay 200000 dollars and get on Virgin Galactic and fly to space and kill you.

Basically I'll kill you.

:lol2: :lol2: Awesome. Totally agree.

Don't start shit if you can't handle the risk of someone else ending it.

The guy got what he deserved for doing that to the family. The dad should be let free and the brain damaged guy thrown in prison. The legal system here is fucked up :eusa_wall:

Basically I'll kill you.

:iamwithstupid:

The burglar should have been killed!!! And the dad & brother should be given medals and a parade, they're heroes!!!

Personally, I do think the father and brother went over the line. They were no longer in danger, so what they did became a quickly-planned revenge, rather than self-defense. 2 years in prison sounds right to me. This is why cops get training...so that they know where the line is. The guy who got beaten should be imprisoned, whether or not he has brain damage.

That's all well and good, and in a perfect world I agree. That is until it's your house, with your wife and your kids.

Then fantasies about doing the right thing go right out the window. Mother Theresa would have brained that jackass, trust me.

The guy got what he deserved for doing that to the family. The dad should be let free and the brain damaged guy thrown in prison. The legal system here is fucked up :eusa_wall:

Ahem

Happened in the UK

Judge got it spot on imo.

Vigilante justice is for the stupid.

Cue Erik in 5...4...3...2...

:icon_mrgreen:

He'll arrive in this thread like the Hulk falling down from SPACE.

romandadishere.jpg

Basically I'll kill you.

That is my stance as well. It isn't someone just saying it, but when they take the initiative to break into your home and ambush your family, you can make a reasonable assumption they are serious. Just because they run away like little cunts when confronted, IMO, does not mean the threat is gone. It could be an isolated incident, but that kind of planning sounds pretty well though out with some ulterior motive. That alone sets the stakes (at least in my mind) that only one of us is going to survive to talk about it. It might take 3 months or 3 years, but the person who made that move will be exterminated.

Basically I'll kill you.

Couldn't have said it better. Bravo.

If you come in my house, and do some shit like that, you BETTER kill me. If not, expect to be hunted down and treated like the animal you are.

Guest SP-superJay
Cue Erik in 5...4...3...2...

:icon_mrgreen:

:iamwithstupid: haha..I'm waiting for it too

my .02....the father had a right to protect his family, but chasing the burglar down and beating him senseless might have been a bit much. I dont agree with him having to go to jail, but I do think it takes quite a bit of anger to render someone brain dead...which means there might be some anger management issues with the pops :eusa_think: Regardless, I'd beat him senseless too :icon_thumleft:

Ahem

Happened in the UK

Judge got it spot on imo.

Vigilante justice is for the stupid.

That whole goddamned thing is a farce. fcuking story makes my blood boil. Crime is for the stupid, not Vigilante justice.

Mrs Begum had told the court that she feared the raiders had killed her youngest son. She said: “They were hitting my husband. When I asked them to stop or looked up they started hitting him again. They told us to lie face down and not speak, or they would kill us. It was very terrifying.”

If he tied up my family I wouldn't just give him brain damage, I would feed his own brain to him!

I bet most guys that think that's not the right thing to do have no kids!

That's all well and good, and in a perfect world I agree. That is until it's your house, with your wife and your kids.

Then fantasies about doing the right thing go right out the window. Mother Theresa would have brained that jackass, trust me.

True. I'm not gonna pretend that I wouldn't have done the same thing this guy did. I probably would have killed him. I also would say that it would be understandable of me to do so, but not right. I stand by that the guy deserves a fair trial. Now, if the father had done this in pure self-defense, then yes the dad would have been 100% in the right, but seeing as he chased him down, it's different. It's like, what if the father caught this guy...5 years later? and then gave him brain damage? Would he be in the wrong there? I think so. Instead of 5 years, this was 5 minutes later.

If I got free, and had the ability, they would not have gotten out of the house. Capt, hate to disagree, but the law doesn't mean shit to those people. The guy that had has ass beaten, it was his 50TH fcuking OFFENSE!!! When do you start treating them like criminals? They threatened to KILL HIS FAMILY! I don't understand how you could expect anything less than getting your ass totally beaten if you attempt to pull something like this and failed? What did you think the result would be? In the words of Turkish from Snatch, did he expect "a grease down and a shiatsu?"

We seem to live in a world of zero accountability anymore. 50 offenses and the guy is still on the street. And still on the street committing completely heinous crimes such as home invasion... I hate to disagree, but maybe, just maybe in some cases a bit of vigilante justice is the only thing that is going to deter violent crime from being done in the first place.

spazmatt527 if this happened to your wife and kids you would react totally different.

there would be no statue of limitation for me, 5 min or 50 years I would kill you, than go to jail than come out and chase the other two scumbags than I would kill them to.

This is why cops get training...so that they know where the line is. The guy who got beaten should be imprisoned, whether or not he has brain damage.

I'm quite sure if you did this to a cop's family the cop would kill the perp and his cop friends would help too.

True. I'm not gonna pretend that I wouldn't have done the same thing this guy did. I probably would have killed him. I also would say that it would be understandable of me to do so, but not right. I stand by that the guy deserves a fair trial. Now, if the father had done this in pure self-defense, then yes the dad would have been 100% in the right, but seeing as he chased him down, it's different. It's like, what if the father caught this guy...5 years later? and then gave him brain damage? Would he be in the wrong there? I think so. Instead of 5 years, this was 5 minutes later.

In this case you cannot think in regards to what ifs, he didn't catch the guy 5 years later when he had a chance to simmer down, he caught him 50 feet later and tossed him a beat down. Should he give him brain damage, in a perfect world maybe not, but when you are dealing with blinding and raw rage, you cannot decipher what you are doing. Also, who knows which shot was the one that brain damaged him? Could have been the first punch or kick. Probably did the guy a favor, he was obviously already brain damaged to think he could get away with doing what he did anyways.

For the record, I like Erik, I think he is a top guy and would happily go drinking with him but we will never agree on anything relating to these issues.

Okay currently I have no kids/wife/girlfriend so some might say I don't know about the situation but where I use to live and where I use to work I have been involved in some hairy stuff, I have confronted three burglar and have the scars to prove it.

I have heard someone's skull get cracked by someone pushing a fruit machine over onto them.

It is a sound that I do not want to ever hear again as it makes me beyond sick thinking about it.

I understand the husband got upset. Completely.

I understand he feels he has protect his family but as he chased the danger away from his family my concern would be back with my family not acting out revenge streets away.

That moment the cricket bat is swung into the man's head and makes that crunch noise and then the next couple of times the sound gets softer and more mushy does he not stop to think are my family okay? Have I gone too far?

Due to his excessive vigilante actions he is not in a position to protect his family right now which is the time where they are at there most vulnerable and need him the most.

The judge chose his words correctly.

However a guy that commits 50 crimes previously should not be in a position to inade people's home.

However a guy that commits 50 crimes previously should not be in a position to inade people's home.

So basically a failure of the justice system necessitates vigilante justice.

I'm quite sure if you did this to a cop's family the cop would kill the perp and his cop friends would help too.

Hahah UK police force have a CYA policy. Cover Your Arse.

If your colleague is in shit that means better chances for promotion.

To the point of you not being with your family? :eusa_wall:

Many times a proper jury will not convict or punish a man like this. If I were on the jury I'd make sure it were at least a mistrial if not a complete acquittal for the father and his helpers.