Need Help From Anyone with Exhaust Experience

kiram

Hey Guys! I just installed a Quicklsilver Titanium Supersport exhaust on my 2007 Gallardo Spyder. Everytime I start in 1st gear, the rumble from the exhaust makes the whole car rattle and gives this rattling type of a sound until I get going and eventually switch to 2nd gear. Then it goes away.

Is this rattling type of a sound normal for people who have exhausts? I have never had an exhaust so it sounds a little bit weird at first. The sound only comes from the inside of the cabin. From the outside, it sounds perfectly normal without any rattle sound.

Anyone with experience care to share their thoughts?

Some exhaust can make a residence that sound or feels like a rumble. During prototyping they should have change so you can not feel it inside the car or keep it to a min. I have not seen the Quicksilver on a G yet so i can not say if it is normal. I have made allot of custom exhaust and some of our prototypes did have a residence to them so we changes designs to minimize.

I hate to tell you this, but its NOT normal. There is a thread on 6speedonline about Quicksilver exhausts. Supposedly their design and build quality is horrible and they don't do anything to address it. They also won't warranty their exhausts because of this problem. Go to 6speedonline and look for this thread under the Lamborghini section.

I'm sure you've already checked this, but just to make sure...

Any chance a part of the exhaust system is coming in contact with a frame or body member? The most likely place is where the pipe exits via the exhaust tips in the honeycomb grill.

• 2 weeks later...
hey kiram, can we see some pics of your car? you posted a lot on lambotalk and people there think you're a troll...

Everyone can blow me then. I have been spending the last 2 weeks powdercoating my wheels, ceramic coating my tips, tinting my taillights, and putting in this QS exhaust. I just got it back from Mitch at Famous AutoSports in Canoga Park. He did an AMAZING job. He took pics of my car and I will have them emailed to me, then put up on the sites.

Is anyone out there really such a lowlife to post these questions and actually not have the car? You guys are hilarious.

Everyone can blow me then.

1. Kindly blow yourself.

Is anyone out there really such a lowlife to post these questions and actually not have the car? You guys are hilarious.

2. Yes.

1. Kindly blow yourself.

2. Yes.

:iamwithstupid: I would also add, although not impossible I find it highly unlikely that Mitch from Famous AutoSports in Canoga Park opened his shop up for you yesterday (ON NEW YEARS DAY) as you have claimed.

My guess is that you did not think this statement ("I just got it back from Mitch at Famous AutoSports in Canoga Park") through before you posted it yesterday.

Wow!

I'm sure glad I caught this in time.

I had Fabspeeds which threw out my low end torque with the total loss of back pressure and gave me CELs left right and centre while making me look like a tool pottering around town. All noise and no go.

I was contemplating QS because the agent here told me none of the ones he installed had these problems. He didn't mention about this part.

Thanks guys.

Wow!

I'm sure glad I caught this in time.

I had Fabspeeds which threw out my low end torque with the total loss of back pressure and gave me CELs left right and centre while making me look like a tool pottering around town. All noise and no go.

I was contemplating QS because the agent here told me none of the ones he installed had these problems. He didn't mention about this part.

Thanks guys.

wow i have fabspeed on my 911 porsche and i love it! i would have told you to go with fab speed because there products are very nice! what about supersprint? do they make anything for the lambos? but yea quick silver sucks!

wow i have fabspeed on my 911 porsche and i love it! i would have told you to go with fab speed because there products are very nice! what about supersprint? do they make anything for the lambos? but yea quick silver sucks!

Fabspeed exhaust for Gallardo is literally a straight hollow CF tube.

It was loud. Very LOUD.

It sounds orgasmic pass 5000rpm. Almost F1 type high pitched howl.

Problem was it gave zero back pressure and that made 1st gear difficult to engage at lower revs. With that came the CELs, which is an irritation but not as bad as making so much noise yet going no where. Totally not my style.

I prefer others hear me after I've pass; not pass me while I growl. But that's just me.