need help buying this gallardo

mjayz

Looks like a launch car, yellow stitching - I wouldn't say miles are "high" since it's an 04' (5K per year on most exotics is acceptible), check % of clutch on e-gear. I would think the car could be had in the 83-86K range.

Looks like a launch car, yellow stitching - I wouldn't say miles are "high" since it's an 04' (5K per year on most exotics is acceptible), check % of clutch on e-gear. I would think the car could be had in the 83-86K range.

Most of the launch cars had yellow inserts in the seats. Best thing is to get the VIN. If it ends at about 400 or higher, you should be ok.

Most of the launch cars had yellow inserts in the seats. Best thing is to get the VIN. If it ends at about 400 or higher, you should be ok.

Thanks the last 5 digits of VIN: 01227 what you think?

Thanks the last 5 digits of VIN: 01227 what you think?

You're fine as far as it being part of the dealer demo rides. Somewhat of a late build 04. As long as the rest checks out....

You're fine as far as it being part of the dealer demo rides. Somewhat of a late build 04. As long as the rest checks out....

hi, how can you tell it's was a dealer demo car?

Werent all the dealer demo E-Gears Yellow and the dealer demo 6'speeds black with black and yellow inserts?

I chose a poor choice of words; Sorry for the confusion - I should have said the early cars were called the 'launch' cars. But it is somewhat possible that a later car was a 'dealer demo'.

Still, the chances of a later car being a 'dealer demo' is slim.

The early 'launch cars' (VINs less than about 400) were known to have some production issues, and if I'm not mistaken, they were not built in Italy, they were assembled someplace else (like Hungary or something like that).

And yes, 'launch cars' were usually indentified by black exterior, and black seats with yellow inserts - Although I would guess it is possible there are some in different color/interior combos.

Basically, stay away with VINs less than 400, and you should be ok.

All of the "launch cars" or "dealer demo" cars, which were the same, were two color choices. You were sent the car and there were no choices of options or the like. The black cars were Nero Noctis with Nero Perseus interiors, they had a 6 speed transmission and no power seats. The yellow cars, which were by far the least attractive, were Giallo Midas with Grigio Phoenix interiors (yes, yellow over grey) with an E Gear transmission. They did have power seats in them. Mike is right, the VIN on those cars will all be less than 400, I think actually less than 350. Cars weren't too bad, but they were the cars that took the biggest beating. I think that they held up pretty well for how hard they were run.

Oh yeah, that's right...I've seen some of those hideous Yellow with gray interior. :puke:

Mike, when speaking about a yellow over grey launch car, you must properly adorn your post with several :icon_oak: :icon_oak: :icon_oak: :gay: :gay: :gay:

Just sayin.

Wouldn't the carfax/autocheck show whether it's a demo car? Basically, if the mileage listed when the first owner registered is high, like 200+ miles, then it's a demo car right? I would expect the initial mileage for a non-demo to be around 25.