Cleaning the Engine Bay of your Gallardo

ContinentalGT

I just wanted to get perspective on what you use/how some of you clean out your engine bay. I'm not talking a full detailing, but just general cleanliness of that area of the car. Water and a rag? Any magic products?

Thanks!

I've been wondering the same thing. I know steam cleaning is a no no because it removes the interior stickers.

I just wanted to get perspective on what you use/how some of you clean out your engine bay. I'm not talking a full detailing, but just general cleanliness of that area of the car. Water and a rag? Any magic products?

Thanks!

Thanks!

On my other cars I cover the alternator, then use a degreaser and rinse with water lightly. No need for high pressure. On the G, however, the alternator is not easily accessible so I haven't done this. I just wipe down w/ paper towels and warm distilled water. I find the engine bay doesn't get greasy, just very dusty from the engine fans, so that's why damp rags work pretty well.

On my other cars I cover the alternator, then use a degreaser and rinse with water lightly. No need for high pressure. On the G, however, the alternator is not easily accessible so I haven't done this. I just wipe down w/ paper towels and warm distilled water. I find the engine bay doesn't get greasy, just very dusty from the engine fans, so that's why damp rags work pretty well.

I use P21S on the engine bay and wheel wells, it leaves a nice satin finish.

P21S Total Auto Wash

I throw a garbage bag over the engine, wash out the engine compartment with light pressure, dry with a leaf blower and wipe everything down with 303...never had any problems and when i changed plugs recently , no water inside...

I never (ever) aim a hose at my car's engine.

A few old socks and a bottle of Simple Green does the trick every time.

Frank

4988_99474386346_624331346_2555736_2421016_n.jpg

4988_99474391346_624331346_2555737_1713141_n.jpg