RSC LP560 Front Bumper Questions

Liquid

I know there are several forum members who have installed the RSC LP560 Front Bumper on the 04 to 08 Gallardos. Based on some of the feedback I have seen in various threads I would like to get some opinions on the quality, fitment, grilles, etc. Also, if anything has been changed recently to remedy the issues some have had, that would be beneficial information as well. I have heard good things about the company and am interested in the bumper, but want to do my homework first.

I know Sprite had a warping issue and another member mentioned the grilles had to be replaced with OEM grilles because the included grilles did not work well. I have also heard the fitment is not ideal, but wanted to make sure it could be remedied by a qualified shop. Since it is urethane, I assume this would be more difficult to correct than if it were fiberglass. The internet is a great place for rumors, so I wanted to find out if any of these were factual before I proceed.

Liquid,

My bumper arrived direct from RSC and we bolted it right up, without taking it to a body shop.

I think the fit and finish was perfect. The paint match wasn't spot on but since I had it painted "remotely" without the actual car, I can't blame RSC for that.

All in all I'm very happy with the bumper and now that it's been on the car and the bumper has seen some sun the paint match is much closer.

Hope this helps.

I rate my experience as a "bolt and go"

Liquid,

My bumper arrived direct from RSC and we bolted it right up, without taking it to a body shop.

I think the fit and finish was perfect. The paint match wasn't spot on but since I had it painted "remotely" without the actual car, I can't blame RSC for that.

All in all I'm very happy with the bumper and now that it's been on the car and the bumper has seen some sun the paint match is much closer.

Hope this helps.

I rate my experience as a "bolt and go"

:iamwithstupid:

With the exception that I fitted my own bumper, I had no issues of fitment, and any excuse to post a pic.......

IMG_8635.jpg

IMG_8311.jpg

I would like to respond and hopefully willl get some other feedback from guys here on the board.. While my response comes from the RSC point of view many of the guys on here who know me, know we stand behind our product and will do what it takes to insure client satisfaction. We currently have over 100 bumpers fitted worldwide and any of the early issues were addressed quickly. The bumper is constructed from High Pressure Polyurethane which is the same material used on the OE bumper.. so any warping issues that sprite may have experienced (BTW he never contacted us about the issue) needs to be fully explored.. We have bumpers all over the world in various climates for almost a year with no reports of warping. As far as grills are concerned, some of our clients have decided to go with OE grills as a matter of personal preference, The grills supplied fit well but are constructed from Powedercoated aluminum rather than the factory style plastic.. again tihs would be a matter of personal preference. Regarding Fitment.. we have had overwhelmingly good feedback on fitment from well qualified shops as to the fit and finish of the product. Keep in mind that these are handbuilt machines and even factory replacement parts require installation know how. I hope this answers some of your concerns and I will be happy to personally answer any other questions or comments .. you can reach me via PM or call our office toll free @ 800-815-3751

Hey Herschel. Got your call. Will snap some pics tomorrow and email it them to you. The reason that I did not contact you is that I figured I would just cut my losses and leave it like it is and then probably put the stock bumper back on at some point.

Based on my experience I'd say it's a quality product but would recommend using a very good shop to install it because there are some little tweaks that will likely be necessary to get the bumper to fit as well as OEM. But overall I was very satisfied and Hershel does stand behind the product ready to help in any way possible. And the overall look of the car compared to the OEM bumper is outstanding. Really no comparison.

Based on my experience I'd say it's a quality product but would recommend using a very good shop to install it because there are some little tweaks that will likely be necessary to get the bumper to fit as well as OEM. But overall I was very satisfied and Hershel does stand behind the product ready to help in any way possible. And the overall look of the car compared to the OEM bumper is outstanding. Really no comparison.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

im a huge fan!

Only need a few adjustments that are all within normal limits, just like OEM requires. A good body shop can definitely do it with no issues. All in all, It is very much worth it. It makes the G beautiful. Can't imagine the car now without it.

I am very happy to see the responses in this thread from RSC and other owners. I will contact RSC via phone or PM to avoid lengthening the thread. I still welcome any other feedback, though.

what little tweaks are you talking about? how and where are the adjustments made to get the bumper to fit like oem? thanks

• 3 months later...

Getting closer to installing my bumper. Curious what if any additional parts may be needed. I see quite a few brackets and such for the stock bumper. I boxed in red some of the items I am looking at.

I also plan to the front the OE plastic grills. What about the side grills/covers? Has anyone opted for the OE versions?

I'd also be interested in any install tips.

Thx.

bumper.jpg

I went with the OEM grilles for the front (3, incl center) and for the 2 side vents. No pics of install, though. Sorry!

I went with the OEM grilles for the front (3, incl center) and for the 2 side vents. No pics of install, though. Sorry!

Cool. Did you get the backing plates also for the side grills (10 & 11)? Not sure of purpose other than you wouldn't be able to see down in there...maybe to keep debris from flying down the side of the car that came in through the front opening?

I would like to respond and hopefully willl get some other feedback from guys here on the board.. While my response comes from the RSC point of view many of the guys on here who know me, know we stand behind our product and will do what it takes to insure client satisfaction. We currently have over 100 bumpers fitted worldwide and any of the early issues were addressed quickly. The bumper is constructed from High Pressure Polyurethane which is the same material used on the OE bumper.. so any warping issues that sprite may have experienced (BTW he never contacted us about the issue) needs to be fully explored.. We have bumpers all over the world in various climates for almost a year with no reports of warping. As far as grills are concerned, some of our clients have decided to go with OE grills as a matter of personal preference, The grills supplied fit well but are constructed from Powedercoated aluminum rather than the factory style plastic.. again tihs would be a matter of personal preference. Regarding Fitment.. we have had overwhelmingly good feedback on fitment from well qualified shops as to the fit and finish of the product. Keep in mind that these are handbuilt machines and even factory replacement parts require installation know how. I hope this answers some of your concerns and I will be happy to personally answer any other questions or comments .. you can reach me via PM or call our office toll free @ 800-815-3751

where is my bumper?????? :icon_mrgreen:

thanks

alex

:iamwithstupid:

With the exception that I fitted my own bumper, I had no issues of fitment, and any excuse to post a pic.......

Wow, the fitment on yours is practically perfect. How did you get that usual 'gap' between the bumper and hood minimized and looking so OEM?

I ordered mine last night from lambo stuff. I will add a before / after pic. I have had great experiences with a local body shop, so I am sure they will do a great job. Hopefully as good as Caelum_Blue did!!

Wow, the fitment on yours is practically perfect. How did you get that usual 'gap' between the bumper and hood minimized and looking so OEM?

Time and effort, fitted it myself and took great care, that's all.