OK RSC Sv Wing WANTERS! Lookee Here

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the SuperG wing supports are closer together.

Exactly. That's what I'm afraid of. I'd love to stick this wing on the car, but not if it's going to require drilling new holes and trying to patch up the old ones...just seems like too much work on something that isn't absolultely necessary.

Plus superg wing is on the decklid. No go for us I'm afraid. Looks hot tho.

Sure does...

Stu...any chance you will make a version that can be mounted on the SuperG in the existing wing slots? If anything, this wing belongs on the SuperG first and foremost!

Guest StuartRSC
Stuart...quick question. Does the design of the wing require drilling new holes on the deck/hood? I have a SuperG and the deck is obviously carbon, but was hoping that the design of the wing mounts would fit right into the stock SuperG wing holes. I'd hate to have to drill new holes and patch up the old ones if that's the case.

No, you will not need to drill or modify anything to fit the wing. The mounting system fits directly to the OEM mount points for both the Superleggera and regular Gallardo/LP560 wing.

Our SV wing will include the complete mounting system so you will take off your OEM wing, and replace it with a paintable piece which we will supply. This piece will have the exact contour of the OEM wing on the top, as well as the camera & reversing light cutouts. The bottom surface, rather than following the contour of the OEM wing, will sit pretty much flush with the bodywork. This piece will also contain a steel reinforcement plate.

The SV style wing uprights and element will bolt to/through the replacement piece without the mounts being visibible underneath. So the shorthand here is - Wing Element is fastened to the uprights, the uprights mount to a solid, steel reinforced mounting block, which is slightly thicker than the OEM wing, but which in turn mounts to the OEM mounting points that are used by both SL & non-SL cars.

So.... will fit both SL & non-SL, both Gallardo & 560, and will retain brake light and reversing camera in the original location if you have those features. The mounting block will be available in paintable, or in visual carbon for an incremental increase in cost.

No, you will not need to drill or modify anything to fit the wing. The mounting system fits directly to the OEM mount points for both the Superleggera and regular Gallardo/LP560 wing.

Our SV wing will include the complete mounting system so you will take off your OEM wing, and replace it with a paintable piece which we will supply. This piece will have the exact contour of the OEM wing on the top, as well as the camera & reversing light cutouts. The bottom surface, rather than following the contour of the OEM wing, will sit pretty much flush with the bodywork. This piece will also contain a steel reinforcement plate.

The SV style wing uprights and element will bolt to/through the replacement piece without the mounts being visibible underneath. So the shorthand here is - Wing Element is fastened to the uprights, the uprights mount to a solid, steel reinforced mounting block, which is slightly thicker than the OEM wing, but which in turn mounts to the OEM mounting points that are used by both SL & non-SL cars.

So.... will fit both SL & non-SL, both Gallardo & 560, and will retain brake light and reversing camera in the original location if you have those features. The mounting block will be available in paintable, or in visual carbon for an incremental increase in cost.

Well aren't you a thoughtful Mofo ;) Looks like we're back in biz... let us know the price and when orders are being taken...

Now if we can only get someone to make a Super Trefeo bumper that mounts on the pre 560 cars.....

Well aren't you a thoughtful Mofo ;) Looks like we're back in biz... let us know the price and when orders are being taken...

Now if we can only get someone to make a Super Trefeo bumper that mounts on the pre 560 cars.....

Guest StuartRSC
Based on the picture, it looks like it mounts on top of the standard small wing that goes up and down...not sure why.

Also the SuperG wing supports are closer together.

There's a few reasons for the design that was chosen - first, we wanted to utilize OEM mounting points. The actual SV wing bolts to the decklid, which wasn't an option here, not without replacing the entire decklid. However, the OEM mounting points are too narrow for a wing of this width, the torsion and load on the mounting points, as well as where the uprights connect to the element are increased by the length of the lever.

This wing is almost an exactly 85% scale version of the SV wing, at least the element and the top of the uprights are... By happy coincidence, that makes the width of the wing perfect for the Gallardo, but it also means that the uprights can stay in exactly the same place on the wing element, and at the same time, mount to the OEM wing location just inside the brake light clusters (I forget how much, think it's about 1.5/2 inches inboard from the end of the OEM wing/beginning of the brake light.)

Obviously the lifting mechanism for the OEM wing will have to be disabled, same as if you fitted a SuperG wing to a non-SuperG, but by using this mounting system, we can achive a nice clean look at the back of the decklid, and also retain the exact proportions of the OEM wing and uprights, which is great from an engineering POV.

Guest StuartRSC
Nicely thought through guys!

Well, in fairness we had a lot of time to think about it!!!! As someone else said, better late and done right than rushed and wrong.

Guest StuartRSC

I will probably start taking orders once we have test-fitted the first piece and confirmed fitment. The first one out of the mould is going to be done in all FRP, just for speed and cost savings, and then once confirmed it will be done in pre-preg carbon, same as the OEM SV wing.

Herschel,

Count me in!!! The 560 front clip on my 08 SL looks good but once the boyz from UGR finish the TT's, I want the 570SL front clip and this wing!!! Can you put me down for both and let me know which offshore account you want me to send the cash to? Thanks!!!!

Jerry,

Guest StuartRSC
Herschel,

Count me in!!! The 560 front clip on my 08 SL looks good but once the boyz from UGR finish the TT's, I want the 570SL front clip and this wing!!! Can you put me down for both and let me know which offshore account you want me to send the cash to? Thanks!!!!

Jerry,

Hi Jerry. Glad to hear you're so happy with your RSC parts so far. We're not taking orders on this wing just yet, I hope to have some positive news in that respect within 2 or 3 weeks. Will be announcing here, and we'll make sure we contact you as well.

Cheers,

Stuart

Thanks Stu, much appreciated!!!!

If the car is at UGR, would you be able to ship to them? I would go with the Carbon Fiber Wing and the LP 570 SL front clip!!!

Thanks again!!!

Jerry,

Guest StuartRSC
Thanks Stu, much appreciated!!!!

If the car is at UGR, would you be able to ship to them? I would go with the Carbon Fiber Wing and the LP 570 SL front clip!!!

Thanks again!!!

Jerry,

NP. Yes, we can ship to UGR, we sent them aero parts all the time for fitment to customers cars. The LP570 SL bumper for the LP560/550 is finished prototyping and awaiting test-fitment. The 570 for the Gallardos is next up, but will likely be longer than it takes to complete the wing.

When is your car due to leave UGR?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest StuartRSC

A few more guys. We should have test-fitment done next week and we will go into production from there. The photo here shows the wing sitting on the OEM spoiler - purely because the 'mounting block' we are making to replace it was still in mold.

RSCGallardoLP560SVWingTestPiece.jpg

RSCGallardoLP560SVWingTestPiece2.jpg

RSCGallardoLP560SVWingTestPiece3.jpg

A few more guys. We should have test-fitment done next week and we will go into production from there. The photo here shows the wing sitting on the OEM spoiler - purely because the 'mounting block' we are making to replace it was still in mold.

Sick... Looks great.. Count me in!

Guest StuartRSC

Okay guys, I'm spinning here.... just about to take this to the body shop and test fit. We should be ready to take orders later this afternoon if all goes well. Stay posted.

DSC_0751.jpg

DSC_0750.jpg

DSC_0749.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0747.jpg