question regarding RSC bumper

thygesen

anybody that know if im supost to remove the plastic where the senter honeycomb is located? if i dont remove this plastic wont it be a problem ceaping clean with the honeycomb in front of it?

red2.jpg

I can't answer your question but I was wondering the same thing. It certainly doesn't seem ideal for airflow with it getting trapped in there.

Anyone have a close up of the real 560 bumper?

On the 'real' 560, there is a power steering cooler located behind that center grill. The 5.0 G's didn't have that, so you could probably do either or, and it won't matter.

On the 'real' 560, there is a power steering cooler located behind that center grill. The 5.0 G's didn't have that, so you could probably do either or, and it won't matter.

thanks. then i think i will take it out. then its easy to keep clean.

I left mine in and had it painted black with the stock 560 grille screwed in over it. It does not really get dirty.

Post some detailed pics of how you do it!

i use a copany called custum cars ( www.customcars.no )to do the job for me. will ask them if they can take some pictures for me. they said i wouldnt be a problem to make a hole there. they will leave mounting points to fasten the grill.

• 2 weeks later...
Post some detailed pics of how you do it!

this is how it looks cut out. think this is better than to leave it in. its a hell of a jobb to get out all the litle bugs from there if the water cant pass thrue. maybe im wrong but thats my thougt :rolleyes:

delivered my car to the paint shop to day. will make a new tread with all the pictures. cant wait to see my car with the new bumper... :celb: :celb:

25052010106.jpg

25052010107.jpg

There's nothing but sheetmetal behind that when installed on the car. You've now made it near impossible to clean the area that's going to be exposed.

Seems to me like that area wasn't designed all that well for airflow...just a big scoop. Too bad it can't be channeled to the brakes or something.

this is how it looks cut out. think this is better than to leave it in. its a hell of a jobb to get out all the litle bugs from there if the water cant pass thrue. maybe im wrong but thats my thougt :rolleyes:

delivered my car to the paint shop to day. will make a new tread with all the pictures. cant wait to see my car with the new bumper... :celb: :celb:

Is that an eclipse with a STOCK exhuast? Those exist?! haha

There's nothing but sheetmetal behind that when installed on the car. You've now made it near impossible to clean the area that's going to be exposed.

damit damit damit :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

can someone tell me what the point of cutting out the piece was?

my thougth was that it would be a big mess of bugs in there and that it would be a lot of work cleaning that point. now its just for me to find out when its mounted. hope im right :huh:

I would like to see how that looks cut out but on the car?

and you will, pictures will come soon :D

Seems to me like that area wasn't designed all that well for airflow...just a big scoop. Too bad it can't be channeled to the brakes or something.

:iamwithstupid:

Sheetmetal and ducting on the 560 is different than the G. There's a reason why it came blocked off like that from RSC.

Sheetmetal and ducting on the 560 is different than the G. There's a reason why it came blocked off like that from RSC.

I wonder if there will be problems with air getting into that area now.

That's gonna look nice once it's on!

HELL YEAH!!! I am either doing that to my G Spyder or going with the Super Trofeo body kit (if they sell it).

Congrats!! That is going to look amazing!!!

• 1 month later...

Got my RSC bumper today here in the UK.

Initial thoughts are positive but a few questions for those of you that have fitted these things:

1. Do the OEM grills from a 560 all fit this RSC bumper nicely, if I wanted to go with OEM grills rather than the ones that come with the bumper, direct replacement?

2. How are the side vent grills held in place, all the others have obvious screws and screw holes but the side vent grills just seem to be there and I cannot see how they would be held in place?!

Any other tips that anyone who has had this installed can give me, I would appreciate it so I have questions and answers for my bodyshop in advance :)

Also when putting the grills in place, there seems to be a sunken bit out of the moulding right where one of the vents wants to screw in.... is this normal? Does it need filling, or do the screws just about reach?!

Pic...

bumper.jpg

You have to glue/mold the side vents before mounting the bumper. The screws for the grills can be a bit tricky or to short, be sure to have replacements good in hand.

I am having the bodyshop mounting my second bumper in a couple of hours on the Spyder, can't wait to see the result :icon_thumleft:

Please keep me posted... I have opted to go with a "more expensive" bodyshop to do my bumper fitting, but no doubt they will have questions because this is not OEM, so I am trying to gather as much info as possible, just read the 64 page thread... Let me know how you get on and if they ask you any questions or have any problems, as I hope to get mine going by the end of the week!

So the picture I posted of the missing bulge behind the corner of the grill.... does everyone just leave that and screw with a longer screw if required? I assume once behind grills is painted black it doesnt show anyway?

So the picture I posted of the missing bulge behind the corner of the grill.... does everyone just leave that and screw with a longer screw if required? I assume once behind grills is painted black it doesnt show anyway?

Correct, good luck!