Gallardo XM radio install pic's

colorinc

just finished up and xm radio install on the g... went good mounted the antenna near rear window see pic ... the reception is great traveling in all directions:)

for power tapped into fuse 11 windshield washers

and for the ground kick panel bolt

brand= XM Onyx XDNX1V1 XM

cost = $63 from walmart lol

time = 2.5 hours

fun = 2 thumbs up

ck out the pics

tim

DSCN1775.JPG

DSCN1776.JPG

DSCN1777.JPG

DSCN1778.JPG

Does it have an FM Modulator, or did you hard wire it to the head unit?

Looks good....XM all the way!

thanks mike!

fm modulator.. seems to work great did you hard wire yours?

now if i can only find a way to hook cruise up to it lol

next project hardwire the v1

tim

Does it have an FM Modulator, or did you hard wire it to the head unit?

Looks good....XM all the way!

No...Mine has the FM Modulator as well...It's good enough sound for me...I'm no audiophile...Makes the install that much easier, too..

same here

No...Mine has the FM Modulator as well...It's good enough sound for me...I'm no audiophile...Makes the install that much easier, too..

nice install. so you have to open the glove box to access it? seems a bit weird. i would have installed it in the left driver side glove box if it fit in there.

my car is too loud to listen to music.

Damn so even newer G's dont have SAT Radio? (ie Turbo50Mike's LP560?) Thats fcuking weak!!! Isnt the radio essentially the same from Audi? My 04 S4 had SAT! Install looks like it will get the job done though colorinc. Your music choice on the otherhand.... :eusa_think:

Aside from an FM modulator, whats the other option? New head unit? Or wonder if there are AUX plugs on back on stock unit?

Damn so even newer G's dont have SAT Radio? (ie Turbo50Mike's LP560?) Thats fcuking weak!!! Isnt the radio essentially the same from Audi? My 04 S4 had SAT! Install looks like it will get the job done though colorinc. Your music choice on the otherhand.... :eusa_think:

Aside from an FM modulator, whats the other option? New head unit? Or wonder if there are AUX plugs on back on stock unit?

ALL 2010 Lamborghinis whether 12 or 10 cylinders have lifetime satellite radio. You can purchase the interface from Lamborghini's spare parts department and have it installed using the factory head unit.

• 1 month later...
You guys still happy with your SAT installs? Isnt the FM modulator a bit fuzzy at times....?

Never...On rare occasions I lose reception on the satellite end if I'm on the side of a mountain, or in heavily tree covered roads, but it's only out for a few seconds. If I had the antenna on top of the car it probably wouldn't go out at all.

But it's never 'fuzzy' reception wise between the sat receiver and the head unit. You can select any station, so if interference is a problem, then just choose a station with no other available broadcast on.

Thanks for the update and reply! Just worried about the quality with merely a FM modulator but sounds like it does the trick as opposed to option B of hardwiring or replacing the stock unit. Thanks againg for the info Mike.

Nice install. I'd love to have XM in the car if there was a way to hardwire it. FM mod doesn't work well in my area.

V1 hardwire takes about 10mins to do.