My custom hood emblem has arrived.

Ag02M5

I think it came out pretty cool...mirror stainless with black etching (pic doesn't do it justice). Never been a fan of gold anything, especially on cars.

The bull is official, off a scan of an oil filter box and Superleggera is also the original script.

Could have done the original "Lamborghini" or the cursive version but thought this was more unique.

Toying with the idea of the Superleggera script on the back instead of Lamborghini.

Thoughts? Too custom?

emblem.jpg

Kinda cool, but not something i would do.

:iamwithstupid: just to be different i guess..

i like the idea of Superleggera logo on the back instead of Lamborghini.. :icon_thumleft:

It came out clean but I am on the fence whether or not I put it on.

I was thinking of just blacking out the original but that might look like crap.

Maybe best to leave well enough alone. :)

It came out clean but I am on the fence whether or not I put it on.

I was thinking of just blacking out the original but that might look like crap.

Maybe best to leave well enough alone. :)

Yup..leave it alone..

Yup..leave it alone..

I think it is one of those things that is a great idea, but when put in practice it does not look high end enough. I would keep it as a conversation piece and a recommendation to Lamborghini for the future SL. To use it, it must look as good (high quality) as the Lamborghini logo it would be replacing. Great idea, and great conversation piece!

I'm not sure, but is it possible to polish the gold off of the original emblem without losing too much of the detail?

It actually looks good, on it's own. I don't know if it's better than the original though...I think If I saw one that said Lamborghini instead of Superleggera, then maybe?

I feel it doesn't POP enough like the original one. It would have been really cool in carbon fiber grey mixed with black etching I think, or gloss background...

I'm not really sure, it's really nice though, just something about it is missing...

Does that make sense?

It actually looks good, on it's own. I don't know if it's better than the original though...I think If I saw one that said Lamborghini instead of Superleggera, then maybe?

I feel it doesn't POP enough like the original one. It would have been really cool in carbon fiber grey mixed with black etching I think, or gloss background...

I'm not really sure, it's really nice though, just something about it is missing...

Does that make sense?

Yeah I agree. It does look better in person, esp when you see the mirror polish but not quite to a factory quality level.

i think its a unique idea but i dont know if i would do it. Also is it just me or is the superleggera script slanted? It looks lower on the left side than the right.

i think its a unique idea but i dont know if i would do it. Also is it just me or is the superleggera script slanted? It looks lower on the left side than the right.

the superleggera word is always on a slanted stripe anyways..lol

the superleggera word is always on a slanted stripe anyways..lol

i know that but on the emblem it just looks weird to me.

It looks weird because on the vehicle it goes with the stripe underneath it, which goes with the lines of the car so it works. Here, there is no base to keep that slant there so it looks off. Also look at the starting of the S and the end of the signature, if it weren't slanted, it would have width issues.

I remember that Rami's emblem turned out great, but i can't seem to locate the thread...

good idea, but as others have said leave it alone :icon_thumleft:

I remember that Rami's emblem turned out great, but i can't seem to locate the thread...

good idea, but as others have said leave it alone :icon_thumleft:

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01641.jpg