Super Trofeo is coming to the US (and I'm doing it!)

webster132

I just got word that the Super Trofeo cup is coming to the US. Details are to follow soon.

If the price per event is any where close to reasonable (~Patron Cup), I'm definitely in.

Naturally, they'll have to have a really good safety story after that horrendous crash, but I can't see them not having that.

Anyone else on here looking to participate?

Glad to hear you are interested. We have 2 local customers here in San Diego that are interested in the series. Make sure to have your dealer tell the factory about your interest. Lamborghini really wants to bring the Super Trofeo Racing Series to the US, but only if they enough interest and commitments from customers.

Have you ordered a car yet?

Glad to here that the series is a success. And webster, you are a true Lambo-maniac ;)

How many participants do they need (half the participants are enthusiasts and half are pros, right?)? What's the price per event in Patron Cup?

I have thought about it and had a long discussion with Lambo about their car. Until they can prove to me that the car is safe i wouldn't get in one. I have not seen a roll cage fall apart like that since a trans-am race at mosport a few years where the driver got killed when he got t-boned by another car . The other issue is the fire. Obviously something with the fuel lines but again there is no way the car should catch fire like that. I have had much worse accidents without anything close to that kind of drama.

BMWRACER, please do report back what you hear from Lambo. I'm going to the factory in just a few weeks and I'll try to get some answers as well. I'd love to race you, but I agree, obviously the car needs to be safe.

I've heard that Patron runs 30-40 per weekend, all in. I'm hoping that a full race season w/ everything including the car will be under 500.

BMWRACER, please do report back what you hear from Lambo. I'm going to the factory in just a few weeks and I'll try to get some answers as well. I'd love to race you, but I agree, obviously the car needs to be safe.

I've heard that Patron runs 30-40 per weekend, all in. I'm hoping that a full race season w/ everything including the car will be under 500.

Can you get used ones like Ferrari Challenge cars?

Also, I posted it in the R8 section, but if you are interested in the Super Trofeo, you may want to look into this. It's not a complete season or anything like that, but they are real races with the factory backed team Joset. 15K euro per race on the ring. Of course, you need to be licensed, experienced on the ring, and qualified. You don't have to buy the car or deal with maintenance and such. Slick and cheap way to get into one of the best cars out there.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...st&id=68082

Brian, that program is just race training. No way they'd let you out in a real race in an R8 LMS for just 15K euro per race ;).

Also, this is on the 'ring. I need something here in the US.

Brian, that program is just race training. No way they'd let you out in a real race in an R8 LMS for just 15K euro per race ;).

Also, this is on the 'ring. I need something here in the US.

Yeah, not in the US, so scratch that. However...

"Our Partner the extremely successful Audi works team Joest-Racing gives you the exclusive opportunity to take part in a race as a driver in this year’s VLN Endurance Championship on the Nürburgring’s Nordschleife. The prerequisite for active race participation is adequate knowledge of the Nordschleife track."

So, 15K euro and mad skills ;)

That crash video is horrible to watch! Thats a hard hit but nothing that should have caused such a fire, I hope they are designing a fuel cell with safety bladders like every other series in the world REQUIRES!

The series looks like alot of fun though, does anyone know how many have been sold in the U.S.?

That crash video is horrible to watch! Thats a hard hit but nothing that should have caused such a fire, I hope they are designing a fuel cell with safety bladders like every other series in the world REQUIRES!

The series looks like alot of fun though, does anyone know how many have been sold in the U.S.?

Any info about venue and when ???

I would certainly concider attending a couple of races.

Russell

Yeah, not in the US, so scratch that. However...

"Our Partner the extremely successful Audi works team Joest-Racing gives you the exclusive opportunity to take part in a race as a driver in this year’s VLN Endurance Championship on the Nürburgring’s Nordschleife. The prerequisite for active race participation is adequate knowledge of the Nordschleife track."

So, 15K euro and mad skills ;)

Wow. That's a crazy deal, depending on how much time in the race you get. Racing with a support team usually doesn't get much cheaper than that when you bring your OWN car. This includes usage of a 300k euro car. Great deal.