Bah, G won't start.. ideas?

dash50

Had my 08 G for a couple of months now. No issues so far, drove it yesterday for a bit and noticed nothing. Went to start it today and... doesn't try. The gears flash at the bottom. When turning the key the egear prime(at least that's what i've always known that noise to be it makes) seems like it's going/trying for a very long time. Lights flashing when this happens.. Finally stops, turn key.. Nothing.

Something major? minor? being 6pm on the weekend can't really call around yet..

sigh.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Well, I just noticed a rather large puddle under the car and it's currently leaking. I am pretty much a car idiot, so no clue what exactly is even leaking or if this is good or bad in terms of how large a problem it could be.. attached a picture which shows where it's dripping. Got a pic right when it was able to drip.

leakm.jpg

er.. another update. guess it's not dripping from just the bottom at that one point. there is fluid all over looking down. still not sure if this is better or worse. fluid is all over there, you can see 2 puddles from the pic but seems to have gone all over. hard to get more pics in the tight area to show.

toptbc.jpg

No idea.... but 08, under warranty right? lucky...

Yea, should still be under warranty. Called dealer but no one until Monday to talk to about it. Hoping the tow is covered to get it there since it's about 2 hours away.

Also not sure how that is going to work either.. It's in first gear, pulled in forwards. So has to be backed out somehow and I can't get it out of gear.

What you have is an E-Gear hydraulic hose leak. There are updated hoses. The reason it doesn't start is that the system will not pressurize the shifter and clutch to put itself into neutral upon start up as it is designed. Consider yourself lucky in a way. Attached are pics of a customer's car that the hose burst leaking on to the catalyst and creating a small fire.

Take it to the dealer as the hose will need to be replaced, then the system will be filled, bled, selflearned, and tested.

Best wishes Dash50

103_1556.JPG

103_1555.JPG

103_1589.JPG

103_1595.JPG

What you have is an E-Gear hydraulic hose leak. There are updated hoses. The reason it doesn't start is that the system will not pressurize the shifter and clutch to put itself into neutral upon start up as it is designed. Consider yourself lucky in a way. Attached are pics of a customer's car that the hose burst leaking on to the catalyst and creating a small fire.

Take it to the dealer as the hose will need to be replaced, then the system will be filled, bled, selflearned, and tested.

Best wishes Dash50

Thanks so much for the post and taking the time to post the pictures. Greatly appreciated.

Is there anyway to get the car out of gear in its current state? Stuck in first right now and needs backed out of the garage for a tow. Note to self.. just leave it in N from now on =)

Thanks again.

Yea, should still be under warranty. Called dealer but no one until Monday to talk to about it. Hoping the tow is covered to get it there since it's about 2 hours away.

Also not sure how that is going to work either.. It's in first gear, pulled in forwards. So has to be backed out somehow and I can't get it out of gear.

Lambo warranty cover upto 125 miles of flatbed towing. If you need more than that see if you have AAA premium that can add another 100 or 200 miles to the coverage.

as for the getting out of 1st gear, no clue; check with Grant. we leave ours in Neutral when parked. That said, we used to have car dollies to move the cars around when working on them. It might help you at least get the car out of the garage:

http://www.carguygarage.com/car-dolly.html

1079w7d.jpg

j77qko.jpg

What you have is an E-Gear hydraulic hose leak.

Car got to the dealership on Tues and just like you said, and luckily being replaced with upgraded lines under warranty. Should have it back middle of next week, assuming parts come in on time.

On the downside lambo won't bring the car back to me or so much as provide a rental car for me to drive down and pick it up. Dealership is 2 hours away and I'd hate to ask someone to take 4 hours out of their day to drive me to pick it up.

The $50 or whatever it's going to cost me for a rental car doesn't matter, but pretty disappointing in level of service they offer customers still even under warranty. I could understand them not flatbedding it back(would be nice though) but not even a rental for the day? That's pretty weak =)

I am glad that your issue is addressed. Unfortunately that is a down fall about loaner/rental; I would figure that the dealer in order to gain or maintain your business would have arranged for you to be picked up or provide their own loaner. Oops I forgot many are only about gaining $$ and not investing $$ to gain or keep clientèle by extraordinary service.

Let us know how she drives once you get her back.

P.S. Happy 4th of July

Car got to the dealership on Tues and just like you said, and luckily being replaced with upgraded lines under warranty. Should have it back middle of next week, assuming parts come in on time.

On the downside lambo won't bring the car back to me or so much as provide a rental car for me to drive down and pick it up. Dealership is 2 hours away and I'd hate to ask someone to take 4 hours out of their day to drive me to pick it up.

The $50 or whatever it's going to cost me for a rental car doesn't matter, but pretty disappointing in level of service they offer customers still even under warranty. I could understand them not flatbedding it back(would be nice though) but not even a rental for the day? That's pretty weak =)

This sounds complete absurd!

When I used to get warranty work done, I got treated like a king at my local BMW dealership and all I own is a 2003 M3. They would pull brand new cars out of the lot for me to drive if I did not have a rental.

What you just told me put me in complete shock. I am usually a pretty easy going guy who will jump through a couple of hoops to get things done but Lamborghini is one of the most well know automotive luxury brands in the world. I expect the same world class service from them, especially after purchasing a 250k car.

Yeah Lamborhini really needs to step it up with some rental cars when you have your car in for service/warranty.

Even if the dealer had just added the cost of a Town Car to the bill I'm sure the customer would feel they received service deserving of an exotic.