Inception...

matthend

Broke my long long time resolution of avoiding all fiction hollywood movies by my friends dragging me along to the IMAX version because they couldn't believe I hadn't seen it, and it was really good!

of course the whole plot had to happen because of those evil corporations doing their espionage, *sigh* cringe and facepalm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why not make it stop spinning and let us all rest our minds then? That's an asshole move unless they specifically wanted to leave the "he is still dreaming" part

Like I said, so that people would discuss it and maybe even go a second or third time to be sure= more money! I know I would´ve definitely done that. Btw, imho, if you think it over clearly there is almost no way he could´ve still been dreaming, the whole movie really wasn´t that complex and difficult to grasp.

But that stupid little thing in the the end still makes that "MAYBE??" pop in you head.... :icon_mrgreen:

Shows you how littel subctance you actually need and how much it all depends on giding someone a certain feeling....

Like I said, so that people would discuss it and maybe even go a second or third time to be sure= more money! I know I would´ve definitely done that. Btw, imho, if you think it over clearly there is almost no way he could´ve still been dreaming, the whole movie really wasn´t that complex and difficult to grasp.

But that stupid little thing in the the end still makes that "MAYBE??" pop in you head.... :icon_mrgreen:

Shows you how littel subctance you actually need and how much it all depends on giding someone a certain feeling....

Agreed, I thought the movie was very easy to follow and everything was fine until they pulled that stunt.

I think he's back in the real world....When his wife kills herself if they were dreaming then she would have woken up and then woken him up but as this did not happen then she must have really died and been in the real world...make sense..?...I hope so!!

The argument can't work if he dreamt all of it.

The whole basis of him not creating dreams was that he knew the architecture. If he knew how the dream was built she would come. In your own dream, you cannot have someone elses conscious build a new dream for you, thus regardless, he would know all the secrets of the dream to ruin it for everyone. That's the premise of his late-wife appearing.

SO, if he were dreaming everything, she would have appeared when he was "awake" but she never does. His subconcious would have had her appear on the plane and the hotel room, similar to how the train appeared in the first dream.

And using the argument that someone else could have built the dream, it's not entirely possible either, because there would need to be five or six people asleep to create the other subconcious dreams that he went into during his "dream".

Using that theory, he would need to be be awake in the beginning for Inception to have worked.

And as someone mentioned, to not drop the pin created, is the way to keep conversation about it going. Nothing in that movie was hard, and it was more predictable than anything.

I give it 8.5/10 . I am under impression that the happy end was just a deeper dream level