Jalpas with Bravos

P300V8

The Silhouette had spacers inserted between the top mount and the strut housing to compensate for the lower ground clearance of 15" wheels shod with P7s compared to the Urraco with 14" wheels and XWXs.

Can anyone tell me whether Jalpas delivered with Bravos as original equipment also had similar spacers?

GEDC0091.JPG

GEDC0097.JPG

I'll take a look, but I don't think they do.

it would make sense, since jalpas came stock with 16" at the beginning and 15" rims should fit no problem

it would make sense, since jalpas came stock with 16" at the beginning and 15" rims should fit no problem

its not so much the diameter of the wheels but the overall height of the tires, 14 inch urraco xwx are very close to the jalpa's P7's while the front of the silhouette 195/50-15 are tiny in comparisons.

i always wonder why lambo didnt use a larger and taller wheel from the countach S with the bravo 205 fronts. there is a P400S owner that trial fit his larger 8.5 bravo wheels with 225 on the front of his urraco and it look to fit nicely. most likely this larger size wheel and tire would fit better on a jalpas front? im not sure about the silhouette though....visually the front wheel wells appears smaller. I dont want to double guess franco baradini's chassis set up for the silhouette. apparently, he's a remarkable chassis man and later went on to engineer some fabulous current super cars for some big oem's.

its seems the jalpa adaption of bravos wheels are thrown on without any suspension tunning for the huge discrepancy for much larger rear 285 tires over the 195 fronts. remember the jalpa are only have 25mm difference.

all the best

rs

its not so much the diameter of the wheels but the overall height of the tires, 14 inch urraco xwx are very close to the jalpa's P7's while the front of the silhouette 195/50-15 are tiny in comparisons.

i always wonder why lambo didnt use a larger and taller wheel from the countach S with the bravo 205 fronts. there is a P400S owner that trial fit his larger 8.5 bravo wheels with 225 on the front of his urraco and it look to fit nicely. most likely this larger size wheel and tire would fit better on a jalpas front? im not sure about the silhouette though....visually the front wheel wells appears smaller. I dont want to double guess franco baradini's chassis set up for the silhouette. apparently, he's a remarkable chassis man and later went on to engineer some fabulous current super cars for some big oem's.

its seems the jalpa adaption of bravos wheels are thrown on without any suspension tunning for the huge discrepancy for much larger rear 285 tires over the 195 fronts. remember the jalpa are only have 25mm difference.

all the best

rs

• 2 weeks later...

Lamborghini Houston, has a Jalpa with original Bravo's, that is currently at the dealership for service.

Perhaps you can call the service dept, and ask some questions.

Thanks for the contributions but I would really appreciate a reply to the question!

The answer is no, there is not a spacer on it like that. 26 cars were sold in 1988 that had the Bravo wheels ($6k option at the time), so it looks like Lamborghini just put them on each car. It's also possible that they put a set of spacers on one car, and ran out or whatever hit their mood, however my car did come with the rims from the factory and not the spacer like in the photo.

The answer is no, there is not a spacer on it like that.

Thanks for the answer - here’s another related question!

Comparing the front and rear tyre sizes I calculate that the use of Bravos on a Jalpa would reduce the ground clearance at the front by 28mm or 1.1 inches and at the rear by 11 mm or .44 inches. I can see that this might be fine at the rear but at the front this seems like a significant reduction.

At the front the Jalpa had a top mount chassis plate made of steel, not alloy like the Urraco or Silhouette. There appear to be two types, a deep one used on early cars and a shallow one on late cars. Pictures of both types can be found at www.jalpa.ch under “changed parts” and then under “new differences” at the bottom of the page.

I speculate that an early (deep) plate might have been used to compensate for the smaller tyre. Does your (late) Jalpa with Bravos have a deep or shallow front mounting plate?

Lamborghini Houston, has a Jalpa with original Bravo's, that is currently at the dealership for service.

Thanks. I'm in UK so I sent them an email!

My car is #12380. I will have to check, but I would guess it's exactly the same as a regular Jalpa. The car does sit low, which looks really good. What are you trying to do?

does that car has Bravos on???

do they want to trade those for nice 16" OZs??? ;)

does that car has Bravos on???

do they want to trade those for nice 16" OZs??? ;)

Yes,

argento/negro

I assume it is privately owned by an individual.

Yes,

argento/negro

I assume it is privately owned by an individual.

this one, Ralph??

JLA 12393

post-4328-1281542798_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1281542814_thumb.jpg

No offense to those that do, but I think owning a Jalpa without Bravos would be uncivilized. :icon_thumleft: :icon_mrgreen:

That black one on the truck looks tight!

this one, Ralph??

JLA 12393

Ciao

Emilio,

Si

I assume that is the car.

Luigi rode in the car.

That car sold a looooong time ago. I think it went up North. Then back on ebay & sold for 43k. It must be on consignment if it's back. Very low mileage Jalpa.

43k$? that is not little money for a jalpa

mas dinero in europe :eusa_dance: