Steel Buildings.

kinnsella

So we have a another one on the way, due next march.

We were thinking about converting our three car garage into an guest bedrooom, game room and office and adding a steel building as a workshop and parking for up to six/seven cars. That way we can have a second baby room in the house.

Can somebody educate me on the pros and cons of steel buildings. We have 5 acres so space is not a problem.

whatever size you figure is good enough for the steel building for the cars.....double it.

You can thank me later.

:iamwithstupid:

I have two of them and have had a great experience with both. I would suggest a dehumidifier if you live where humidity is an issue as they will hold moisture. Radiant floor heat is also the way to go. But other than a few outside dents from mowers all is good. To solve the dent issue might suggest installing something on the lower two feet that is much more durable like stone or synthetic stone.

post-15160-1280926330.png

We were thinking about converting our three car garage into an guest bedrooom, game room and office and adding a steel building as a workshop and parking for up to six/seven cars. That way we can have a second baby room in the house.

Can somebody educate me on the pros and cons of steel buildings. We have 5 acres so space is not a problem.

Steel compared to what....concrete? Or wood?

I have two of them and have had a great experience with both. I would suggest a dehumidifier if you live where humidity is an issue as they will hold moisture. Radiant floor heat is also the way to go. But other than a few outside dents from mowers all is good. To solve the dent issue might suggest installing something on the lower two feet that is much more durable like stone or synthetic stone.

Sounds like you need to have a talk with the Messicans that mow your yard. :)

lol, unfortunately I do the mowing at the car barn....maybe that is the bigger issue. :icon_mrgreen:

Steel compared to what....concrete? Or wood?

I live in the coastal commission area....a traditional structure would take years of permits.

I live in the coastal commission area....a traditional structure would take years of permits.

Oh, I didn't realize you were going for a pre-fab steel building....thought you wanted to discuss steel vs. concrete, a classic debate for building construction with clear pros & cons for both.

Some have overlooked this but congrates on the new baby on the way Mr Kinnsella.