Insanity Workout

pockmark

Golden I am not with "Fitness First" there is a local gym just around the corner from my house but it is way to expensive, last time I went there it costed me $550 for the day.

I paid for one year membership and never went back :lol2:

In the last 6 weeks I've managed to lose all the excess weight, I am exactly where I want to be, my next goal is to get my fitness back, I've been doing few cardio sessions with the help of a personal trainer,

I also started playing soccer again so that will help, maybe some light weights and I think I am good to go.

Rawr thank you for the advice, I will try to increase the number of daily meals and decrease the portions but I can not imagine what I could be eating 5 times a day without snacking.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not imagine what I could be eating 5 times a day without snacking.

Basically you ARE snacking between the regular meals. But the difference is, the "snacks" are healthy low fat low carb high protein foods and in small portions.

Curious about Crossfit....a coworker mentioned it to me.Sounds like a gym class version of Insanity.

I've been following the CrossFit program for about 3 years now, on my own. It's quick (no more than 45 mins, 5x a week), fun, and lots of variety... I definitely recommend it. Since the goal of CrossFit is become more powerful, rather than just pure strength, it stresses the ability to do a lot of work, ie move a lot of weight as fast as possible. So you will increase muscle mass, but not as quickly as traditional weight training. You will absolutely increase your overall athletic ability-- balance, explosiveness, agility, flexibility, range of motion, etc.

Actually, I've been using the weight room at the local college (just a small D3 school) for the last 2 years to do my workouts, and this season the football coaches have started incorporating some concepts from CrossFit into the S&C program for the players.

Basically you ARE snacking between the regular meals. But the difference is, the "snacks" are healthy low fat low carb high protein foods and in small portions.

example of foods you are talking about and my new workout please :icon_mrgreen:

example of foods you are talking about and my new workout please :icon_mrgreen:

Oh now I mad. I just posted some examples like 6 replies up!! Well at least now you are curious :icon_thumleft:

Eat this in between your meals.

cottage cheese - great before bed especially

eggs - I prefer boiled since it is easy, boil 8 at a time eat 2-4 with some sauce (red hot, etc, somethign without carbs)

protein shake - buy a tub of whey protein and drink 1-2 scoops with water, mix in a mixer

beef jerky

Oh now I mad. I just posted some examples like 6 replies up!! Well at least now you are curious :icon_thumleft:

Rawr I saw that, one of the reasons I conveniently overlooked it is because I was hopping for something better, I was hoping for some steak etc. you did say beef jerky, now you have my attention :lol2:

Ok ok I know all that stuff is good for you, I will give it a go with the exception of cottage cheese, that stuff is nasty :gay:

2 grams of fat per serving? or even less if you get other versions? looks good to me.

Fortis, over the years of this lifestyle I've gotten used to a lot of things I previously didn't think I could stomach

Tuna, straight from the can. Dry as hell.

Tuna, with oil.

Cottage cheese

All sorts of whey that taste like shit.

Now I can eat almost anything, except raw oysters and olives. You too can get used to it, especially after you see some muscle and notice the girls oogling ;)

Tuna, straight from the can. Dry as hell.

Now I can eat almost anything, except raw oysters and olives. You too can get used to it, especially after you see some muscle and notice the girls oogling ;)

Hell yeah, I love straight dry tuna out of the can. Drain and season with some spices, pepper etc and go for it. Maybe an acquired taste though like you said. Oysters are the bomb, stop thinking it looks like snot :). Olives bro??

ok we are getting closer keep them coming guys:

I love Tuna, oysters, beef jerky, almonds, eggs (sometimes) I HATE olives.

Raw I am not eating anything that taste like shit (whey) :lol2:

Ok so let me get this right, I understand that all meals have to be healthy to a certain degree :icon_mrgreen:

breakfast (small or large)? 8 AM

snack 10 AM

Lunch ( small or large)? 12 - 1 PM

snack 3 PM

snack 5 PM

dinner 6:30 - 7 PM

any snack after?

Man that's commitment right there, how can you guys eat so much?

This better work, I just lost 9 kg if I put it all back I am going to hurt someone!

Hell yeah, I love straight dry tuna out of the can. Drain and season with some spices, pepper etc and go for it. Maybe an acquired taste though like you said. Oysters are the bomb, stop thinking it looks like snot :). Olives bro??

Hated olives since I was a kid, I can't eat them smell them period. Now just admit you can't stomach cottage cheese that's why you picking on it :icon_mrgreen:

Fortis: Don't forget this little part: YOU HAVE TO WORKOUT!!! You can both cut (lose weight) and bulk eating 6 times a day, the point being you eat less calories than you exert in the former and reverse in the latter. YOu workout so you can keep (And gain) muscle mass as your metabolism speeds up and helps burn calories easier

Fortis: Don't forget this little part: YOU HAVE TO WORKOUT!!!

there is always a catch :crybaby2:

unfortunately I don't enjoy the gym environment, I could probably do it twice a week for about 30 to 40 min each time but no more than that.

I want to improve my fitness, started playing soccer once a week, if I don't pick up any injuries it will help with my fitness.

My weight is exactly where I want it to be, if I maintain this weight I will be very happy.

Based on your diet how many hours a week do you work out ?

there is always a catch :crybaby2:

unfortunately I don't enjoy the gym environment, I could probably do it twice a week for about 30 to 40 min each time but no more than that.

I want to improve my fitness, started playing soccer once a week, if I don't pick up any injuries it will help with my fitness.

My weight is exactly where I want it to be, if I maintain this weight I will be very happy.

Based on your diet how many hours a week do you work out ?

I average 3 times a week try to keep it around 90 minutes, sometimes less. I might change to 4 times a week and I am tweaking my program right now. YOu can keep your weight just reduce fat levels and gain muscle, you will be same on the scale but much better looking in the mirror

You can see results with 2x a week 40 mins. Have a leg day with squats and deadlifts. And upper body day with chest (bench variations and dips) and pullups. You will cover almost all the muscle groups in your body with those and they are the bread and butter type lifts

You can see results with 2x a week 40 mins. Have a leg day with squats and deadlifts. And upper body day with chest (bench variations and dips) and pullups. You will cover almost all the muscle groups in your body with those and they are the bread and butter type lifts

spot on, that's exactly what I had in mind, 30 to 40 min twice a week of basic weights training.

I don't think I can do the 6 times a day eating, I see how I go without that for now.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember when my mom lost a ton of weight. All see did was diet and walking. No crazy sit ups, jogs, runs, bikes or anything like that. Calories in vs calories burned. Simple really. Just need to be motivated enough to follow your routine -- and the routine is pretty easy.

yeh, That's what I did, and I felt Health, energized, Best of all 10kgs in four weeks.