How to remove windshield wiper assembly

NOSZ06

Has anyone removed their windshield wiper arm's? If so tell me how.

The primary wiper support arm looks easy to remove however the smaller secondary support is where I need your help.

Does it slip off or is it pinned to the actuator?

Chris

Has anyone removed their windshield wiper arm's? If so tell me how.

The primary wiper support arm looks easy to remove however the smaller secondary support is where I need your help.

Does it slip off or is it pinned to the actuator?

Chris

Chris if I were you I wouldn't remove it. Despite how it looks the windshield wiper is very very important, you just never know when you need to use it. Btw please pose some pics of your LP640 :eusa_dance:

Chris if I were you I wouldn't remove it. Despite how it looks the windshield wiper is very very important, you just never know when you need to use it. Btw please pose some pics of your LP640 :eusa_dance:

Here are a couple of pics of the old girl.

LamboPicsathome004.jpg

LamboPicsathome009.jpg

LamboPicsathome011forumpic.jpg

Gorgeous car Chris! Nice to see pics.

And rampante is right..unless you have a buddy in the inspection office (I know of a place near Lafayette I can recommend that is fairly easy going) then it will become tough once per year to get that sticker. I know what you mean though...sometimes it would be nice to ditch the wiper blade (and the fluid reservoir, etc...)

Im want to do the same thing,its the smaller arm?I took them off my ford gts and just leave one in the trunk.On another note the side shield on your door did you put that on? and if where did you get it, my car is a 09.

I don't understand the 'no drive in the rain' theory.

It's just a car for fcuk sake.

Do people think the factory doesn't drive them in the rain?

I haven't used windshield wipers in 25 years - I hate those f-ing things. You people going through life hypnotized by that archaic mechanical Viking rowboat technology are a bunch of sheep.

IT'S CALLED RAIN-X and I haven't needed wipers since I found the stuff.

Took it off my last Murcie (pic attached). Taking it off the LP as I write this. Car looks WAAAYYYYY better without that moronic arm.

ANY CAR with a a clean windshield and Rain-X doesn't need wipers. Factor in the steep rake of the Murcielago/LP and it doubles the validity of the fact.

~H

IM007502.jpg

Whats the deal?after that little plastic cover comes off,Do you take that hex nut off the spline and it should slip off?

If you played with an Erector Set as a child, you can handle this one.