2000 vs. 2010

Mako

We haven't heard much from Al Gore now have we. :eusa_dance:

He is busy... He was worth 5 mil leaving office and made 100 mil of "Global Warming." He has (2) G-5's (hu-hum warm it up, Al) and spends a lot of time on vacation with his jets.

Over population will be the planets big problem in 30-40 years. Hot or cold.

:iamwithstupid:

If I had to pick the three largest concerns for the next 50 years it would be these (in no particular order):

1. Over population

2. Lack of drinkable water for most of that population

3. Nuclear proliferation

But honestly there are so many other good ones for the list that you could go to 20+ easily...

:iamwithstupid:

If I had to pick the three largest concerns for the next 50 years it would be these (in no particular order):

1. Over population

2. Lack of drinkable water for most of that population

3. Nuclear proliferation

But honestly there are so many other good ones for the list that you could go to 20+ easily...

Don't worry, planet will shake us off:

I was reading a bunch of climate scientists had predicted a warm winter, and this other one, who is skeptical of humans as the cause of climate change (he beleives it is the Sun) and of much of the science, said we'd be in for some very big snow this winter. He said that he believes actually we will be in for a cooling period over the next twenty to thirty years.

"Climate change" as said was adopted so as to blame any kind of weather on humans. If this was an unusually mild winter, it would be being blamed on human-caused climate change. Since it is a rather cold winter, the New York Times blames it on humans still. The proponents act as if the climate is some delicate, fragile thing that sits in some delicate balance of stability and now we are seeing "weather extremes" as the climate has been knocked out of balance. They say we have never seen such extremes as this before, but that isn't true. In the past, NewYork City went through some winters that were so cold that the whole harbor froze, you could walk to the Statue of Liberty.

Peak oil doomer Matt Simmons (who died recently) turned out to be wrong in his prediction that oil would shoot to $200 barrel by January 1, 2011. I don't think population growth will be a big problem, it will probably level off.

The three BIG statistics I am concerned about are:

1) The national debt

2) The size of the deficit

3) The percentage of Federal revenue going to pay the interest on the debt

(these are BIG problems)