Easy come easy go...

Destructo

Bravo Emanon! :icon_super:

I personally am very thankful I had the right beliefs installed in me and didn't grow up with the mentality that everything should be handed to me from someone else.

I graduated college in May of 2008. It took 6 months of searching to find a low paying, entry level job - that I my degree somewhat applied to but wasn't necessary to have. This job was a one that I was happy to get and hold during the economic downturn, although I grew to all-the-while really hate it. I didn't give it up, I didn't fall back and say "Why don't I quit, file for unemployment, and sit back collecting more money than if I was working?". I know work ethic, I stuck with it and searched for jobs for over a year and finally landed a better one in Oct 2010. My current job utilizes my degree skills and I've advanced myself, always learning.

I am tired of hearing about the mentality of people who truly believe that they will sit back and be taken care of - welfare mentality - it IS destroying the nation!

And as far as Ted Williams... What if this video had just been a YouTube video that never went viral and never caused the media storm?? I would say he'd still be on the streets of Columbus. I'd much rather have read a single Ohio newspaper article about how a homeless man decided enough was enough, got in touch with someone, and got a job for what he knew how to do - righting his life on his own terms - instead of what has happened to this man being sucked into the media and day-time TV as their newest feeding frenzy... Feeding frenzies usually leave behind bones.

I'm in total agreement with Adam Carolla... why don't we start making Parents accountable for the actions of their children? If your shithead 16yr old gangbanger kid stabs someone or robs the corner liquor store, the parents are put on trial just as much as the kid. They are the ones letting the little fcuk run free and raise hell.

While I agree with most of your post, on this I'd have to disagree. It depends on the kid. Some kids are capable of completely hiding from everyone the fact that they are say planning to shoot up their school. You can only blame the parents so much.

I'm not saying parents have no control or influence over their children, but sometimes they will not have any clue that kid is planning to kill people.

As for radio guy, well I honestly didn't take it as PC that people were lauding the guy, it just seemed like a good "rags-to-riches, get-a-second-chance-at-life" story. IMO PC could be all this lauding going on over the politician who was just shot, considering plenty of people get killed everyday, but it doesn't become a national event.

emanon, great post!

I'm looking for a toast for my mother-in-law for their 50th wedding anniversary. Could you prepare a little speech for me? Same vein as your last one, IT'S PERFECT!

emanon, great post!

I'm looking for a toast for my mother-in-law for their 50th wedding anniversary. Could you prepare a little speech for me? Same vein as your last one, IT'S PERFECT!

hahaha Niiice! That should be fantastic.

If you're serious and already have the basics laid out I would be happy to give it a once over.

He has NINE fcuking KIDS, which he hasn't seen in who knows how many years. You tell me we haven't been footing the bill on that one?

It's not a feel good story, it's a waste of time and a PR stunt by anyone getting involved. If the guy can sing (I refuse to watch the video so I can't comment) and had an ounce of drive he would have applied that to something useful and maybe earned a legitimate buck.

He's not "getting his", he and his gaggle have been getting OURS for how many fcuking years now?

Enough of this wishy washy feel good bullshit! If he gave a fcuk he would have picked up a job at McDonalds, walmart, or sweeping floors in a warehouse just to earn an honest dollar. But he didn't care, he was content leaching off handouts and raping society.

This shit pisses me off almost as much as these political fucks blaming Sara Palin for that lunatic murdering kid, yet not one single person turns to the PARENTS and asks what THEY have been doing while their son quietly turned into an executioner. I only wish one of the two guys who tackled that kid would have pulled his (legally carrying) concealed gun and saved us a year and a few million dollars in the upcoming trial. Remember that scene from BLOW where the guy turns himself in to Pablo Escobar, they talk, shake hands, and Escobar puts a .45acp through his forehead... that is about as much trial as this fuckwad deserves. God willing the father of that poor 9yr old girl pulls some A Time To Kill on his ass ASAP.

Political Correctness and all this feel good bullshit is going to be the cause of death on the toe tag of American, and I've personally had enough of it.

fcuk Oprah, fcuk Dr. Phil, fcuk those useless cunts on The View... If most of the country would turn off the damn TV, quit poisoning themselves with this bullshit and get back to work we would all be in a better position.

/rant

Great post, I wish everyone thought this way