Itch that needs scratching..

deekss

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats.

I really think the current RS6 is an underrated car. Btw is it that difficult to enter your driveway or was your wife just distracted? :P

Congrats.

I really think the current RS6 is an underrated car. Btw is it that difficult to enter your driveway or was your wife just distracted? :P

Oh and I cannot believe that you got number 75, of all the numbers to get you had to get the most troublesome one. ;)

This is without question the car that I would buy for a DD. Unfortunately, it is not available in the US so I am going with the Panamera Turbo instead.

Any mods planned? or should I ask what mods are planned?

Sweet! Congrats.

Last photo is inverted or something, seems like the steering wheel is on the wrong side :eusa_think:

Sweet! Congrats.

Last photo is inverted or something, seems like the steering wheel is on the wrong side :eusa_think:

Yep, I have a great deal of trouble reaching the pedals.... :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats! So, bascily your stationwagon dailydriver and your balls out super exotic has about the same power? I think you need to rebadge the RS to a 3.0tdi to get a wider gap between the two :D

Sweet! Congrats.

No, it's on the right side.

that thing basically looks the same as any a6, pure luxery car. yet you can blow the doors off the 99% of cars on the road.

Love the lights during evenings!

Really nice, as quick as they say?

Rocketship. More planted than the Lambo, you can feel it's heavier, but I think you can make quicker progress on the 'A' roads than you can in the Lambo. The 4WD system is streets ahead of the Murci, you can break the back away, but feel it starting to go and ease off or steer into it. Lambo is so frightening if it begins to break away, but then that's equally due to it being mid-engined.

Very juicy however, average 13.4 MPG since I picked it up. There's been a mixture of driving it like I stole it, but a lot of in town pootling with the wife and kids in. I'll see how it pans out consumption wise. Oh, and as it's the RS6 Avant Plus, speed limited to 175 MPH. I only managed to get 160 out of it on the way home. (at a private track I stopped at enroute of course)

Plus this one has the spec I wanted, DAB (brilliant in a car), outstanding I-Pod integration, TV, AMI (Audi Music Interface) part of the I-Pod interface, but allows you to stick in SD cards, HDD Nav & jukebox...

Much better integration of all the tech together and into the dash etc, much better than the 2008 5 Series BMW I came out of. Audi are streets ahead in terms of that. Overall I'm really chuffed.

It's all aluminium doors and bonnet, but still nearly on 2 tons !

Oh, and it nearly didn't happen at the eleventh hour. I bought the car sight unseen, agreed a price, stealership emailed me order, I signed, faxed back and they took a CC deposit. I travel 250 miles from home to stealer, they then said, 'oh, we didn't include the road tax (tags) on the invoice, that's another £475 for the balance of the six months on the car please'.

In the UK, road tax (tags) is £200-£400 per year, depending on emissions. However the government introduced a 'showroom tax' a couple of years ago on new cars, that is a surcharge on the initial road tax of the vehicle. On the RS6, showroom tax and first year's road tax was £950 total. You can refund unused road tax prorata, but of course don't get the showroom tax back.

I said to the stealer, I understood that the balance of road tax was included, if it's not you can stick the deal up your arse and take me back to the station... After a overly acted shocked look, and them moaning that they weren't making money on the deal (boo hoo) they said as a special favour, they'd include the road tax! I suggested that they perhaps fire their used car buyer, as he is clearly responsible for their lack of profits. It turned what was supposed to be a pleasureable experience, after earning and saving up the cash to buy this car, to finally buying it into a bit of an uncomfortable one after being accused of being responsible for the stealer's misfortune. Cnuts.

Oh, and it nearly didn't happen at the eleventh hour. I bought the car sight unseen, agreed a price, stealership emailed me order, I signed, faxed back and they took a CC deposit. I travel 250 miles from home to stealer, they then said, 'oh, we didn't include the road tax (tags) on the invoice, that's another £475 for the balance of the six months on the car please'.

In the UK, road tax (tags) is £200-£400 per year, depending on emissions. However the government introduced a 'showroom tax' a couple of years ago on new cars, that is a surcharge on the initial road tax of the vehicle. On the RS6, showroom tax and first year's road tax was £950 total. You can refund unused road tax prorata, but of course don't get the showroom tax back.

I said to the stealer, I understood that the balance of road tax was included, if it's not you can stick the deal up your arse and take me back to the station... After a overly acted shocked look, and them moaning that they weren't making money on the deal (boo hoo) they said as a special favour, they'd include the road tax! I suggested that they perhaps fire their used car buyer, as he is clearly responsible for their lack of profits. It turned what was supposed to be a pleasureable experience, after earning and saving up the cash to buy this car, to finally buying it into a bit of an uncomfortable one after being accused of being responsible for the stealer's misfortune. Cnuts.

Yeh f them, It looks like you had the deal of the century.

You had the previous shape 535d right?

Out of interest did you not like the new 535? But the RS6 you have is a really nice spec and it sounds likes Del boy you like a good haggle and got a good deal.

Let us know how it runs.

Awesome car Deekss now get the junk out of the garage so you can park it next to the Lambo :icon_mrgreen:

Oh BTW I hear that you are shopping for an iPad to integrate in the dashboard :eusa_think:

:lol2:

You had the previous shape 535d right?

Out of interest did you not like the new 535? But the RS6 you have is a really nice spec and it sounds likes Del boy you like a good haggle and got a good deal.

Let us know how it runs.

Yep, a 2008 535D, nothing wrong with it, low miles, great motorway car, really liked it. Just the irrational yearning for an RS6. As they don't make them anymore, the opportunity to get a very nearly new one with the spec I wanted was diminishing.....

Congrats! So, bascily your stationwagon dailydriver and your balls out super exotic has about the same power? I think you need to rebadge the RS to a 3.0tdi to get a wider gap between the two :D

Yep. But I can put the wife AND both of the children in the Audi. Not many people do know what they are, they do just look like another Audi estate... Great fun, and I've only had it 4 days !