Sometimes I hate Apple...

sprite

I curse out Apple all the time...when things go wrong, they ARE arrogant and GREEDY bastards! But, when things are working, there is no comparison, love all my WORKING Apple products while they function :icon_super: ...been an Apple geek since the very beginning

Is the Macbook Pro overpriced in terms of what you get in hardware? YES.

Is it the best built laptop money can buy running the best OS? YES.

I have Windows 7 installed as well for when I need it for games, but that is the only time it is used.

Seriously overpriced indeed. They charge over twice the price for the hardware! MacOS ain't THAT good :icon_mrgreen:

Best OS? For programming (as I guess you do a lot of) it's better than Windows 7. For pretty much everything else Windows is just as good or better.

For internet, mail and office programs, as a majority of users use their computer for, Windows and MacOS are quite equal imo. But with Windows you get more software and a lot cheaper hardware. And right-click.

As above Apple IS very secretive. They also limit the end users choices. That is a big reason I never really liked the IPOD; even though I did buy one

( I wound up giving it to my daughter). I couldn't accept being limited in my ability to load music. Didn't want to illegally download, just wanted to be able to use multiple sources for my music.

Apple is the Ferrari of the consumer electronics world. Their way or the highway. But they do have some nice products.

As above Apple IS very secretive. They also limit the end users choices. That is a big reason I never really liked the IPOD; even though I did buy one

( I wound up giving it to my daughter). I couldn't accept being limited in my ability to load music. Didn't want to illegally download, just wanted to be able to use multiple sources for my music.

Apple is the Ferrari of the consumer electronics world. Their way or the highway. But they do have some nice products.

I know what you mean sprite. I had the hardest time converting a file today. When it does as you'd expect, it's magnificent; but then there are times when you must finagle way too much to get to your desired outcome.