Insanely cool house!

TRANSAMERA

Fortis, you love modern homes. Do you love that home in La Jolla? Or do you like a bit more warmth? What's your take on the concrete and solitude of that place? The more I thought about it, the more I think I couldn't stand that place after awhile - it seems too sterile. I need some bright happy colors. Maybe it's just the booze talking!

Fortis, you love modern homes. Do you love that home in La Jolla? Or do you like a bit more warmth? What's your take on the concrete and solitude of that place? The more I thought about it, the more I think I couldn't stand that place after awhile - it seems too sterile. I need some bright happy colors. Maybe it's just the booze talking!

I absolutely love that house, actually that location and that house would be my dream house, nice clean spaces "sterile" as you call them make me feel very relaxed, I hate clutter of any kind, I love minimalistic style, combining the outdoor with the indoor.

The issue that I am faced with, where I live it's quite hard to find such locations, I could possibly find a place with similar views and build a similar house but it would be too far from civilization, we aren't willing to move away from everyday conveniences.

I am currently looking for a plot where I could somehow create a scenery that I love using landscaping.

I absolutely love that house, actually that location and that house would be my dream house, nice clean spaces "sterile" as you call them make me feel very relaxed, I hate clutter of any kind, I love minimalistic style, combining the outdoor with the indoor.

The issue that I am faced with, where I live it's quite hard to find such locations, I could possibly find a place with similar views and build a similar house but it would be too far from civilization, we aren't willing to move away from everyday conveniences.

I am currently looking for a plot where I could somehow create a scenery that I love using landscaping.

Would you add any color to that house? Orange paintings? Red, green? I love the minimalist styling as well, but the colors would get a bit old I think.

Since you prefer to sleep in a car, am I getting closer?

:lol2: :lol2:

No, keep trying.

Sorry, I just don't like the plain sterile cold concrete and glass walls. I like a more traditional house. I don't like clutter either, but I like "warmth", and privacy. Those glass walls would give me nightmares. The design of that house in La Jolla might not be so bad though if they would finish it. It just looks to me like they built a concrete shell and ran out of money before they got to the interior.

How about making something nice for weekend/getaway type scenarios?

I'll never get enough of this house.. Love it. Ofcourse you need to decorate it to your own taste. Few color spots here and there.

How about making something nice for weekend/getaway type scenarios?

We've got an apartment that's under construction at the moment, about 12 months away, we will be living there in the weekends and during the week at the house, I am really looking forward to that I also want to downsize the current house, maintaining a large house is a massive pain.

Thank you, that house is hideous, unless you like screaming "Old Money" I guess.

That house is one of my favorite designs! :rant:

Here's another house for you Fortis, is this the style you like?... http://www.villaamanzi.com/index.html

http://www.villaamanzi.com/photogallery/photogallery.html

It's still a bit sterile for me, but at least I see a hint of wood here and there. I do like the pool and the view.

I love the location, I want to be near the water perched up on a mountain, the architecture of that place I don't really like, too many things going on, I do like the pools and obviously the view, give me that glazed concrete box from La Jolla and I will be happy :icon_mrgreen:

I bet if you went to see the La Jolla place you would be floored, you can decorate it to your taste no big deal, highest concern in a modern house is privacy because of the positioning of that house you have a lot of privacy, you see how sheltered is from the street view and opens up at the back to take in those breathtaking views, do not tell me you wouldn't like to wake up to that every morning because I will not believe you.

:lol2: :lol2:

No, keep trying.

Sorry, I just don't like the plain sterile cold concrete and glass walls. I like a more traditional house. I don't like clutter either, but I like "warmth", and privacy. Those glass walls would give me nightmares.

:icon_thumleft:

That house is one of my favorite designs! :rant:

:lol2:

when I was looking for a photo to post I was thinking to myself, ok I have to look for something Wheels would like because it would be exactly the opposite of that modern home. Bingo :icon_mrgreen:

I actually do like certain contemporary interior designs, but they would mostly have to be in a place like California:

The Portabello Estate (http://www.portabello.com/):

portabello-estate_48.jpg

I don't actually like this estate itself, I just mean certain elements of the interior design.

I bet if you went to see the La Jolla place you would be floored, you can decorate it to your taste no big deal, highest concern in a modern house is privacy because of the positioning of that house you have a lot of privacy, you see how sheltered is from the street view and opens up at the back to take in those breathtaking views, do not tell me you wouldn't like to wake up to that every morning because I will not believe you.

Oh I know exactly where that house in La Jolla is. I believe it's new since the last time I was there, but I've been down the street it's on... And in my younger days on the beach below. La Jolla Farms is a gorgeous neighborhood! I would absolutely love that view, and may even like that house if it were finished and nicely decorated. :icon_mrgreen:

Oh I know exactly where that house in La Jolla is. I believe it's new since the last time I was there, but I've been down the street it's on... And in my younger days on the beach below. La Jolla Farms is a gorgeous neighborhood! I would absolutely love that view, and may even like that house if it were finished and nicely decorated. :icon_mrgreen:

Ok add an extra mill to the asking price and it will be decorated in your own personal style :icon_mrgreen:

Jokes aside I think it is a spectacular house.

Ok add an extra mill to the asking price and it will be decorated in your own personal style :icon_mrgreen:

Jokes aside I think it is a spectacular house.

Another million? The damn thing is already overpriced by about $15 million! :lol2:

You should make him an offer, you know you want to move. Just remember how much cheaper the toys are up here without those high Aussie taxes! :icon_mrgreen:

According to Redfin it's been for sale for 1051 days, if he's at all serious about selling he's ready... http://www.redfin.com/CA/La-Jolla/9826-La-...37/home/4861986

I saw one of the coolest houses at Antibes South of France...

But discovered just that I lost a bunch of my photos when my computer crashed last time.

So this is the only photo I got in facebook

68758_449145194219_635629219_5663894_1155405_n.jpg

Well google is friend. It is called "Villa Aujourd'hui"

Lot of stories about it in google but not perfect photos like mine :P

"One of the most beautiful is the Villa Aujourd’hui, a waterfront property built in 1938 by American architect Barry Dierks. Jack Warner owner it for several years and hosted Hollywood actors and actresses such as Charlie Chaplin and Marilyn Monroe."

Seems like my taste is not so bad...

Another million? The damn thing is already overpriced by about $15 million! :lol2:

You should make him an offer, you know you want to move. Just remember how much cheaper the toys are up here without those high Aussie taxes! :icon_mrgreen:

According to Redfin it's been for sale for 1051 days, if he's at all serious about selling he's ready... http://www.redfin.com/CA/La-Jolla/9826-La-...37/home/4861986

I would love to buy that house but I wouldn't put that much money in my own house, I would rather spend it on toys :eusa_dance:

This year is out but we will very likely come next year to have a good look around.