Lamborghini Gallardo hit by DUI Driver. Got 2 Questions

boomenbass

Thanks for your response.

I will check on the "diminished value" on the policy but if it is not on there, I'm thinking going after the other parties insurance for it. My guess is its a somewhat minor accident is about a 10% value decrease on a private party sold vehicle?

I think you are being very conservative with your estimate.

Just lovely- found out the other guys insurance is expired. I guess here is where the $250 dollar deductible comes in handy lol

Trespass to Chattels comes to mind. ;)

Nick

Just lovely- found out the other guys insurance is expired. I guess here is where the $250 dollar deductible comes in handy lol

I must say, your posts seem very calm about the incident, mine would be a swear filled rant.

It's all pretty aggravating but getting upset won't help the situation any.

Once I get the letter of denial from the other parties insurance company and report it, it will add to his criminal charges. Also once I register it with the court, he won't be able to get his drivers licence back until he pays for the damages.

Not sure if I can add in the depreciated value but I'll bring in gather some proffessional estimates. Since my insurance is covering the damages, I'm sure any money collected for actual damages will go to them, but maybe I can get the depreciated money first.

What was it like for this guy when he saw the judge- uhhh soo you were drinking and driving, you hit a LAMBO, then you ran when the cops came?

++Sorry to turn this into a commercial.. but this is a good FYI for everyone here++

You have a deductable and no coverage for diminished value? You are with the wrong insurance company....

LOTS of exotic owners have switched to the Barrett-Jackson Endorsed Collector car insurance...

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/insurance/coverage.asp

-Zero deductible

-Up to 150% of agreed value for a total loss

-Unlimited Roadside (distance & frequency of use)

-Worldwide coverage (not just in the United States)

-Repair Shop of choice

-Coverage during shipping and transit

-Protection against market depreciation involving a partial loss

AMY has been awesome to the LamboClub group in getting quick quotes (almost everyone switches).. find out for yourself:

Amy Spengler @ TDC Risk Management

419-794-1080 Direct Phone & Fax or 866-EXOTIC1 or (866) 396-8421 Toll Free

[email protected]

Insuring Homes, Autos, Watercraft, Aircraft, Exotic, Collector and Recreational Vehicles