Would you rather: Murci or Gallardo spyder?

Luxeous

Thanks for all the input guys. I'm definitely leaning more and more towards the Murci.

I had an all black M cruise past me a while back, felt like I was driving next to the death star. While I love the G, the presence of a car so epic like the M is just hard to pass up.

your title says lambo owner - what do you have now?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading this thread it sounds like you want the M, congrats

Thats not an alpha your talking about, alphas were made in 2006 and thats it and cost a lot more than 70K. A standard H1 is very very different. No way to pick on up for 70K afaik. My alpha had zero issues for the couple years I had it.

My Murci has had very very little wrong - biggest $ problem was I lost the keys! lol.

I really don't want to get into it because it's very OT, so feel free to PM me. But the 6.5TD and 6.6TD trucks have very few differences aside from engine/trans, geared hub physical gears, and cosmetics. Alphas were about $140k; my truck, new, in '98 was $70k. GM did a great job with price mark-up.

Nick

I've traded in my 06' Spyder Manual 3 months ago, after 2 years and 10,000 miles. It was near faultless and I had full exhaust, wheels and body mods.

Orginal clutch still. Mechanically sound and only oil services. Easy to drive and park.

My lease was up and had the option of going into a new LP550 or a used 560 but I wanted to try the big daddy.

Traded for an 07' LP640 6sp with 8,000 miles with full options. It's more brutal and keeps you on your toes. It is alot wider and guzzles petrol.

To look at the 640 hands down but to drive the spyder is so much fun and easy with the roof down but I am enjoying the V12 experience (aventador roadster next!). In my opinion part of the experience of owning a lamborghini is the joy you give to the public and the 640 in Australia just stops people like I never imagined. If I bought the Gallardo LP I would have always wondered. Only gallardo I would trade for is the Performante.

I only drive on the weekends but do around 75-100 miles a weekend. So if its a car you rarely take out and have a DD for sure the LP but if the weather is good and you get to take it more often the G.

Thread is about murci vs G spyder though, so Spyder for me.

Sorry to hear that :icon_mrgreen:

Lol! I remember seeing your red M up for sale back in the day (before I was on this board) and lusting after it so I definitely value your opinion, just need something different!

your title says lambo owner - what do you have now?

Had a G coupe

I've traded in my 06' Spyder Manual 3 months ago, after 2 years and 10,000 miles. It was near faultless and I had full exhaust, wheels and body mods.

Orginal clutch still. Mechanically sound and only oil services. Easy to drive and park.

My lease was up and had the option of going into a new LP550 or a used 560 but I wanted to try the big daddy.

Traded for an 07' LP640 6sp with 8,000 miles with full options. It's more brutal and keeps you on your toes. It is alot wider and guzzles petrol.

To look at the 640 hands down but to drive the spyder is so much fun and easy with the roof down but I am enjoying the V12 experience (aventador roadster next!). In my opinion part of the experience of owning a lamborghini is the joy you give to the public and the 640 in Australia just stops people like I never imagined. If I bought the Gallardo LP I would have always wondered. Only gallardo I would trade for is the Performante.

I only drive on the weekends but do around 75-100 miles a weekend. So if its a car you rarely take out and have a DD for sure the LP but if the weather is good and you get to take it more often the G.

Thread is about murci vs G spyder though, so Spyder for me.

Appreciate the input! The idea of holding out for a 640 is being tossed around but that's a pretty big "step up" :D

Lol! I remember seeing your red M up for sale back in the day (before I was on this board) and lusting after it so I definitely value your opinion, just need something different!

Had a G coupe

Appreciate the input! The idea of holding out for a 640 is being tossed around but that's a pretty big "step up" :D

I would reccomend if you do get a Murci to wait and get a Lp640..

Oh Allan, for those of us with a beer and peanuts budget, the old Murci is pretty rewarding. :icon_mrgreen:

Is the quality of the LP640 interior and overall car significantly better than the Murci?

Oh Allan, for those of us with a beer and peanuts budget, the old Murci is pretty rewarding. :icon_mrgreen:

Didnt say it was bad.. just if you can swing it, the Lp is first and foremost a good bit faster..

Didnt say it was bad.. just if you can swing it, the Lp is first and foremost a good bit faster..

Oh trust me I know, I was just kidding, maybe a nice white Lp640 will be in my near future.

You had a G, time for an M. Nothing wrong with an early M, but yeah...if you can get into an LP640, that would be even better.