Anyone that has switched to Redline MTL Fluid in the Trans/Rear Diff.....

BossGT

So i changed my front/rear diff/trans fluid out from the factory goo to the Redline MTL GL-4 Lube. (This is the 70w80 stuff)

My G is a 2005 Manual Transmission. (NO EGEAR HERE)

The clutches that usually made all kinds of groaning noises are now SILENT! Big plus.

But i feel like I am getting a good bit more gear whine notice coming from the rear now that I have the lighter fluid in there. Anyone else experience this?

I just ordered the Redline MT-90 GL-4 fluid to try that out in the rear diff/trans to see if that makes the while go away. (This is the fluid that is rated at 75w90)

Thoughts?

Thanks all!

So i changed my front/rear diff/trans fluid out from the factory goo to the Redline MTL GL-4 Lube. (This is the 70w80 stuff)

My G is a 2005 Manual Transmission. (NO EGEAR HERE)

The clutches that usually made all kinds of groaning noises are now SILENT! Big plus.

But i feel like I am getting a good bit more gear whine notice coming from the rear now that I have the lighter fluid in there. Anyone else experience this?

I just ordered the Redline MT-90 GL-4 fluid to try that out in the rear diff/trans to see if that makes the while go away. (This is the fluid that is rated at 75w90)

Thoughts?

Thanks all!

i would think you are on the right path....different climates need differnt weights. now that your taloring it to your climate you might be playing with what works best in each case.

I used to use a mix of the MTL and MT-90 in the x-fer case on my 3000gt VR-4 many years ago, and was happy with it. Car was still a POS.

MTL 90 is what was used at Lambo O.C. if I remember correctly.

Worked great on all cars.

Just wondering why you switched to a thinner gear oil instead of using the factory fill.. was it because of the clutch noise? Rotra LSX is available online by the quart and it's not expensive. I recently did an oil change of my gearbox with it and no problems to report

• 2 weeks later...