Driving in Cannes

MKL909

Has anyone here got experience of driving in Cannes? I am looking to hire a Gallardo for a business trip I am taking with a client, but I want to be sure it is going to go smoothly. Is driving there a problem, is there anything I should know?

Has anyone here got experience of driving in Cannes? I am looking to hire a Gallardo for a business trip I am taking with a client, but I want to be sure it is going to go smoothly. Is driving there a problem, is there anything I should know?

Other than traffic this time of the year I don't see what other problems there might be.

much better to hire one further East in say Nice or toward Italy,

that way you can drive through the Alpes Maritimes, Col de Turini etc

driving around Cannes, and toward San Tropez wasnt really that great IMO, there is a nice coastal section around Mira Mar etc, but nothing any better than the USA has

nothing special about driving there. There are quite a lot of people at the moment but it is not problem.

You can take a highway going over villages or drive trough coastline and cities there, or approach from north trough mountains..

Lots of stop and go along the coast in certain parts - pedestrian crossings what seem like every 5 feet. But otherwise okay.

I am told it is a right pita in the heights of summer. Stop start traffic.

...driving IN Cannes is a pain in the ass in this time of the year, parking is hard as fcuk also...altough there's some really, really cool B roads around...

...man I miss the Mediterranean.,...

I am told it is a right pita in the heights of summer. Stop start traffic.

Coastline road is exactly that, motorway flows very well 90% of time.

If streets are occupied then there is good sized carpark near buss/trainstation but I would suggest you get more secure parkingplace for lambo, if you have a hotel there maybe they have garage to offer?

Just been there in my Bentley Arnage T Great time. Cannes was the best for driving, Monaco & Nice were the worst. I went to St Tropèz which was a pain BUT if you take the road back to the motorway as though you were heading for the South of France the sat nav takes you on an absolutely fantastic road, IMO better than the Col de Torini, it sweeps and turns with some hairpins but allows very high speed conering ( even in the Bentley lol )

Have a great trip, it is worth it

I have driven there every year for the past 5 years in the summer season. No problems really. Lots of garage parking spaces as well. There is a lot of traffic and crazy scooter drivers everywhere but it's not bad at all.

this is what i suspected, that it will be busy and full of stop start traffic. We want to get out and travel, but don't want to spend all our time in a superfast car travelling at 5kmph.

My advice is go in September - still hot but less busy as all the Parisians have returned to Paris. Go for a convertible, it will make the experience of being stuck in traffic so much more enjoyable - have a look at these guys who can rent you a convertible in Cannes. Driving in Cannes is not really frustrating, in my experience, traffic jams are not common and there are several car parks surrounding the city centre and orientation is relatively easy. It is most likely if you are hiring a luxury car, you will have access to some private parking - ask them as i am sure they will cater for this. The only time to really beware of driving there is during the film festival when it is crazy busy and roads are closed all over the city. Great time for car spotting though!