ex-GTR owner...Gallardo next?

Salvatore

Yea, Kisco's selling for under $110k and Rippers selling for around $150k were epic deals of the century imo!!! If only timing had been right on either of those cars for me!!

Im going to try my best to follow my head this time and not my heart and wait for a GOOD deal when I am ready...thanks for all the great feedback my friends. Looking forward to being a part of the GTT community in the near future.

Also thanks to Kevin from Underground for the PMs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Sprite's SL went for dirt cheap ($160k?), I think his was a 1000 hp Heffner car.

Did Wayne's (g-force) spyder ever sell? I think he was asking around $150k. Also a Heffner car.

Kisco had one sell too, under $150k iirc.

i bought sprites sl. I payed waaay more than 160 though. Im putting it on sale soon to make room for a new car

i bought sprites sl. I payed waaay more than 160 though. Im putting it on sale soon to make room for a new car

Yeah, I think someone was way off on what you paid, like a 100k off. Is your car in Saudi now?

Yeah, I think someone was way off on what you paid, like a 100k off. Is your car in Saudi now?

No its in the U.S...car was never headed to saudi, it was headed to the u.a.e

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks to both Heffner and Underground Racing. I spoke with them both on the phone and they were very helpful and knowledgable.

After discussing this with my wife, some friends, and the 2 big Gallardo TT shops, it seems like what I need to do is to get this done in 2 stages.

1st stage will be bolt on turbo kit with tunes for 93 and C16/MS109 (possibly E85 although Heffner doesn't do it much and Kevin from UR says he doesn't like the way the car runs). The turbos that I would use are turbos that are capable of 1200+whp. They would be running on a lower PSI so that the stock block and transmission will survive.

2nd stage will be to build the motor and crank the boost up to 1200-1300whp.

I was told that by doing this, the 1st stage won't be a waste since the bolt-on turbos are being used and that I won't have to dish out a huge chunk of money all at once. Plus maybe the bolt-on power will be enough to make me happy. We will see!

I will still be looking at the used G TT market though since it will be easier and probably cheaper to get a G that has already been modded.

Thanks everyone and shoutout to both UR and Heff!

Do yourself a favor if you are going this route. Go drive an LP560 before you make your decision on an 04 - 08 car.

The difference is quite dramatic and a bolt on kit works wonders on these cars!!

Do yourself a favor if you are going this route. Go drive an LP560 before you make your decision on an 04 - 08 car.

The difference is quite dramatic and a bolt on kit works wonders on these cars!!

My father has an LP560. I love pretty much everything about the car. But if I am going to spend this much on modifications, I figured I might be just as happy driving a regular G since it will have a ton of hp. I can do the LP570 front bumper as well. Though I haven't driven a normal G in about 2 years and I am pretty used to the LP560 so maybe driving a regular G again will make me see how superior the LP560 really is.

Thanks for the insight.

How are the ricers holding up with miles under them ? Are they like the older Gtr's / Evo's when tuned to the max....i.e. Shite ??

How are the ricers holding up with miles under them ? Are they like the older Gtr's / Evo's when tuned to the max....i.e. Shite ??

I had about 11,000 miles on mine. At the level I had it tuned to, I really didn't experience any problems at all! Stock transmission, stock block. Once in a while the clutch would slip though. I think most GT-R owners all agree that the car is VERY reliable.

I had about 11,000 miles on mine. At the level I had it tuned to, I really didn't experience any problems at all! Stock transmission, stock block. Once in a while the clutch would slip though. I think most GT-R owners all agree that the car is VERY reliable.

I would say get an R8 and turbo it. It's easier to live with and see out of than a G. It will be a MUCH better daily than a G.

Or.... just get another GT-R. Sleepdoc did.

I would say get an R8 and turbo it. It's easier to live with and see out of than a G. It will be a MUCH better daily than a G.

Or.... just get another GT-R. Sleepdoc did.

I love the GT-R. One of the greatest packages, period. But I just want something "special." Hard to explain.

I like the R8 also. But for that price I'd rather go with the Lambo styling.