Hefner performance

Nauticaone

I'm thinking of putting in the bolt on twin turbo system from Hefner performance on 04 gallardo E-gear.. Can anyone that has done this tell me if they have had any problems with their stock engine? What mileage can I expect from this mod? I'm from Australia and this sort of stuff down under is very rear as are the cars.

I currently have a built block TT Nissan 350Z running +550whp. I originally had a bolt-on system installed on the stock 3.5 V6 motor running +400whp @ 9lbs of boost. I put approx 10k miles on the system before my engine blew. I then had it rebuilt with forged internals and the TT system @ 19lbs boost. In my experience once you have a TT set-up it is VERY important to maintain the car on a regular basis. The tuning of the car is absolutely critical. Even seasonal changes must be accounted for ( I have a summer & winter tune programmed for the car).

There is a balance between reliability & power. The more power the engine has the more unreliable the car becomes relatively speaking. An OEM car is designed to operate at a moderate level that will ensure a longer service life. Modifying the car especially a non OEM modification will inherently decrease product life. You can have power or long life but not necessarily both.

Jason (Heffner) builds the car to be reliable and run as stock. The bolt on setup is what I would call a relatively "mild" increase in power output that should not cause any premature failure. Of course any time you are twin turbocharging a car that comes NA from the factory there is a potential for issues.

Member g-force put something like 15-20k miles on his Heffner TTG, the first Heffner GTT must have over 25k miles on the original setup.

Having met Jason and seeing his shop I would not think twice about sending my Gallardo there. I will say, if you are going to ship it all the way from Australia and back, you might as well have him build the motor and do the full blown race package. The cheaper alternative might be to buy a TTG that is already complete and ship it over.

Jason (Heffner) builds the car to be reliable and run as stock. The bolt on setup is what I would call a relatively "mild" increase in power output that should not cause any premature failure. Of course any time you are twin turbocharging a car that comes NA from the factory there is a potential for issues.

Member g-force put something like 15-20k miles on his Heffner TTG, the first Heffner GTT must have over 25k miles on the original setup.

Having met Jason and seeing his shop I would not think twice about sending my Gallardo there. I will say, if you are going to ship it all the way from Australia and back, you might as well have him build the motor and do the full blown race package. The cheaper alternative might be to buy a TTG that is already complete and ship it over.

:iamwithstupid:

G-force's first car (the first tt-g ever built) had lots of issues, but wasn't well maintained after it left Wayne. His second one was solid, but both were built engines.

Personally being so far from the tuner (Aus) I'd go with a built engine setup. I do agree with EpDarks that a lot of built Heffner cars have stood the test of longevity.

G-force's first car (the first tt-g ever built) had lots of issues, but wasn't well maintained after it left Wayne. His second one was solid, but both were built engines.

Personally being so far from the tuner (Aus) I'd go with a built engine setup. I do agree with EpDarks that a lot of built Heffner cars have stood the test of longevity.

Hi Guys thanks for your input much appreciated... I'm hoping to import the bolt on kit just thought to do some research first from Guys who have been down this path..look forward to further feed back..Thanks one again!!

Hi Guys thanks for your input much appreciated... I'm hoping to import the bolt on kit just thought to do some research first from Guys who have been down this path..look forward to further feed back..Thanks one again!!

I have a heffner TT bolt on that Alex installed at SP. Plenty of power and reliable. I don't see the need for a full build unless you want the extra HP but thats just me.

I have a heffner TT bolt on that Alex installed at SP. Plenty of power and reliable. I don't see the need for a full build unless you want the extra HP but thats just me.

Have you dynoed it if so what numbers are you putting down?

Do you keep it in AZ or NY? I know all we can get in AZ is 91 octane. If so, how does it behave on 91?

I'm thinking of putting in the bolt on twin turbo system

Yourself? Is there a Heffner installer in Oz?

In my experience once you have a TT set-up it is VERY important to maintain the car on a regular basis.

My experience has been the opposite. I have Wayne's aforementioned second gen TTG with about 23K on the clock. When I bought it, I went through it top to bottom. It had (what appeared to be) the original untouched/uncleaned air filters, spark plugs were toast, yada yada. The point is that these cars can be modified, neglected, and still run just fine. If you have the $ and the desire, get the full kit. If not, get the bolt on system. It's plenty fast either way.

My experience has been the opposite. I have Wayne's aforementioned second gen TTG with about 23K on the clock. When I bought it, I went through it top to bottom. It had (what appeared to be) the original untouched/uncleaned air filters, spark plugs were toast, yada yada. The point is that these cars can be modified, neglected, and still run just fine. If you have the $ and the desire, get the full kit. If not, get the bolt on system. It's plenty fast either way.

Not that I wouldn't make sure my car is maintained properly but this is very nice to know. Funny how only maybe a decade ago exotics were known for their problems and breakdowns. Now, we have multiple Lambos with double the stock intended horsepower running around year after year without a hiccup.

Not that I wouldn't make sure my car is maintained properly but this is very nice to know. Funny how only maybe a decade ago exotics were known for their problems and breakdowns. Now, we have multiple Lambos with double the stock intended horsepower running around year after year without a hiccup.

The Heffner Bolt ON TT is my next mod!