Mclaren MP4 Review

Allan-Herbie

great write up - so after reading your review/comparison between MP4 and 458 it sounds like you should buy an........

SLR?

great write up - so after reading your review/comparison between MP4 and 458 it sounds like you should buy an........

SLR?

:monkeyleft: :icon_thumleft: :monkeyleft:

It's louder than I thought it would be. BUT...it's such an Misguided group of vagina declining morons that need to get out more engine sound IMO. From the video anyways. There is no "wow that's a Gallardo" or "That's for sure a V8 Ferrari" type of sound to it. Nothing very unique, quite bland it seems.

I think you should get another SLR. Buy back your old one and be done with it.

296074_2107763540036_1423988177_31845851_1227901808_n.jpg

Given the integration of the bottom of the car in the dihedral door this is going to be another ugly point if these cars are driven. Every time you open the door the scraped up dirty part will stare you right in the face.

post-5-1319333710_thumb.jpg

Given the integration of the bottom of the car in the dihedral door this is going to be another ugly point if these cars are driven. Every time you open the door the scraped up dirty part will stare you right in the face.

That's actually a really good point... the bottom of that door is going to be a mess after a bit of driving. Almost needs some sort of built in scuff plate of some sort instead of just the normal paint.

That's actually a really good point... the bottom of that door is going to be a mess after a bit of driving. Almost needs some sort of built in scuff plate of some sort instead of just the normal paint.

It comes with clear bra in place from the factory there.

It's louder than I thought it would be. BUT...it's such an Misguided group of vagina declining morons that need to get out more engine sound IMO. From the video anyways. There is no "wow that's a Gallardo" or "That's for sure a V8 Ferrari" type of sound to it. Nothing very unique, quite bland it seems.

I think you should get another SLR. Buy back your old one and be done with it.

I agree with your "not a Ferrari or Lambo" sound, that it could use some more exoticness.

However, if you have to take a shot at an underwhelming engine sound, fire away at the 911 or GTR instead. :icon_thumleft:

I agree with your "not a Ferrari or Lambo" sound, that it could use some more exoticness.

However, if you have to take a shot at an underwhelming engine sound, fire away at the 911 or GTR instead. :icon_thumleft:

Fully agree with you on the 911 Turbo, the GT3 RS sounds pretty good in stock for...nothing compared to a G, SLR, Murci, etc, but not as bad as a Turbo...the GT-R can have some potential with an aftermarket exhaust...

Fully agree with you on the 911 Turbo, the GT3 RS sounds pretty good in stock for...nothing compared to a G, SLR, Murci, etc, but not as bad as a Turbo...the GT-R can have some potential with an aftermarket exhaust...

That's the one downside to turbo cars.....they just don't have it quite like n/a.

Can't have it all.

Very interesting review, and from the pictures I totally agree about the colours. That black one is amazing! The red one...hmmm.

What's the car hiding in the garage in the 11th picture?

Very interesting review, and from the pictures I totally agree about the colours. That black one is amazing! The red one...hmmm.

What's the car hiding in the garage in the 11th picture?

Fax machine with out the body work

Thanks for the write-up. Sounds like a McLaren from the review. They are all about understated performance - extreme performance while still maintaining every day drivability. Even the F1 was intended to be actually driven everyday.

Sounds like you need an SLR again AND mod it! 722? Renntech?

2 questions:

1. Did the car feel like that review?

2. Did you get to try out all three modes for the chassis and the powertrain?

We drove the car on public roads, so even though you could feel the changes they werent as dramatic as you would feel going hard on a track. We tried every mode..

I still think they're ugly, I saw one in MOntreal and just can't get past its looks. They have a kit car look to them.