Some crazy stuff about energy in this video

lambornima

Whenever I watch shit like this, Im always struck by how similar the presentation is to TELEVISION EVANGELISTS.

Whenever I watch shit like this, Im always struck by how similar the presentation is to TELEVISION EVANGELISTS.

Tesla..he had this before anybody. Nobody took him seriously. Too bad.

Except these guys actually HAVE something to back up what they're saying. I read an article a little while ago talking about how solar power will be the only real mass solution, and that the costs for solar energy have come down (couple that with the rising costs of the mainstream fuels and you're gonna start shifting demand).

Except these guys actually HAVE something to back up what they're saying. I read an article a little while ago talking about how solar power will be the only real mass solution, and that the costs for solar energy have come down (couple that with the rising costs of the mainstream fuels and you're gonna start shifting demand).

I read that same article.... In 1976.

Would love to see technology like this being used on a mass scale, the uses could be endless.

But how would large energy companies cope with less demand and less income.

Lol, how is the cost of energy generated by solar remotely in the same ballpark as fossil fuels?

Lol, how is the cost of energy generated by solar remotely in the same ballpark as fossil fuels?

I never said it was :eusa_think: It will be though eventually.

What does "eventually" mean?

When oil becomes too expensive to extract and when the production process of solar panels becomes cheaper (along with materials) and as solar becomes more efficient. Whether or not you believe global warming is man made or not (I personally don't really know, though the climate is changing in ways it hasn't before) is irrelevant. We have fossil fuels in a finite amount. Its not infinite. That point is irrefutable. At any rate of oil production we will run out, whether its in our lifetime or not.

When oil becomes too expensive to extract and when the production process of solar panels becomes cheaper (along with materials) and as solar becomes more efficient.

And when do you figure that will happen?

And when do you figure that will happen?

The guy at the gas station has me convinced it's soon but not in my lifetime, so I better stop complaining. The guy at the Tesla dealership says it's already come, and the guy at the gas station is a liar.

Almost all of our power is from coal. This idiot is just trying to make a quick buck.

Yes sir, you are correct. On top of that - more and more plants transitioning to Nat Gas.

When oil becomes too expensive to extract and when the production process of solar panels becomes cheaper (along with materials) and as solar becomes more efficient. Whether or not you believe global warming is man made or not (I personally don't really know, though the climate is changing in ways it hasn't before) is irrelevant. We have fossil fuels in a finite amount. Its not infinite. That point is irrefutable.

Actually. It is refutable.

Half the world refutes it. Much to their economic benefit.

And btw. AdjUsted for inflation, gas was 2.75 a gallon in 1976. What's that? A buck less than it is now? Where's my big fcuking deal icon? And ALL of that dollar difference is covered by TAXES and manipulation by OPEC. None of it has anything to do with SCARCITY.

So spare us your new found religious zealotry. Because that's what most of your threads amount to lately. You believe something because somebody else tells you to, but with almost NO critical thinking.

See. I'm old. Old enough to have heard these lies before. Yes. LIES. People were saying this same exact shit in the 70s. And some fools ate it up. And sunk 10s of thousands of dollars in solar. And they got hosed. But I'm sure they felt morally superior while they were getting fucked up the ass. So 40 years later solar STILL isn't viable. And we have MORE OIL reserves NOW than EVER.

But I'm supposed to believe they just got the timing wrong. They're going to be right EVENTUALLY? fcuk that.

Almost all of our power is from coal. This idiot is just trying to make a quick buck.

Ding ding ding.

Ding ding ding.

And another goddamned thing. The Saudis are NEVER going to allow oil to be priced where it ISN'T the most economical form of energy per BTU. How do I know this? I don't ask you to believe me. I can point you to a thread in our busness section when oil was at 150/bbl where I said opec would dump the price to under 50. Everybody thought I was nuts. Guess who was right?

Just last month it was announced that they believe NORTH DAKOTA has more oil than Saudi arabia. Its in the form of tarsands, which is a little harder to produce, but what do you think happens when that comes online???

If there is ANY scarcity in oil its because the left artificially produces it by governments refusing to allow drilling. That's IT.

And another goddamned thing. OPEC is NEVER going to allow oil to be priced where it ISN'T the most economical form of energy per BTU. How do I know this? I don't ask you to believe me. I can point you to a thread in our busness section when oil was at 150/bbl where I said opec would dump the price to under 50. Everybody thought I was nuts. Guess who was right?

Just last month it was announced that they believe NORTH DAKOTA has more oil than Saudi arabia. Its in the form of tarsands, which is a little harder to produce, but what do you think happens when that comes online???

If there is ANY scarcity in oil its because the left artificially produces it by governments refusing to allow drilling. That's IT.

That area has enough oil to last the US around 2000 years at our current rate. I could have read wrong but Jesus fcuking Christ. TWO THOUSAND fcuking YEARS. I'm sure we can find something in the mean time.

That area has enough oil to last the US around 2000 years at our current rate. I could have read wrong but Jesus fcuking Christ. TWO THOUSAND fcuking YEARS. I'm sure we can find something in the mean time.

You just read it too.... The media is DEAD SILENT on it...

You just read it too.... The media is DEAD SILENT on it...

No sir. I read about that MONTHS AGO if not over a year ago. I was surprised that no media outlet has ever talked about this...why doesn't everyone know this? When people talk about running out of oil I call BS on them and refer to the websites I found. Why the hell aren't we drilling this shit?

And see.... The issue is "WHO IS "WE""?

The PRIVATE SECTOR WILL FIND THE ALTERNATIVE TO OIL.

But none of this has ever been about finding an alternative to oil.... The FALSE SCARCITY arguments (you know, that we would run out of oil by 1989) were INVENTED by oil companies to keep the price artificially high.

Now the funneling of taxpayer money into "alternatives" is really just a way to funnel money towards people who are cozy with the leftist politicians pushing it....

WERE BEING RIPPED OFF IN BOTH DIRECTIONS.... But at least with oil, Im not FORCED, with the threat of tax evasion, to invest in it.

No sir. I read about that MONTHS AGO if not over a year ago. I was surprised that no media outlet has ever talked about this...why doesn't everyone know this? When people talk about running out of oil I call BS on them and refer to the websites I found. Why the hell aren't we drilling this shit?

We are "drilling this shit".... You cant find a home in North Dakota.... They have the lowest unemployment rate in the nation....

The media is keeping it quiet because it further illustrates how misguided this administrations policies are....

And see.... The issue is "WHO IS "WE""?

The PRIVATE SECTOR WILL FIND THE ALTERNATIVE TO OIL.

But none of this has ever been about finding an alternative to oil.... The FALSE SCARCITY arguments (you know, that we would run out of oil by 1989) were INVENTED by oil companies to keep the price artificially high.

Now the funneling of taxpayer money into "alternatives" is really just a way to funnel money towards people who are cozy with the leftist politicians pushing it....

WERE BEING RIPPED OFF IN BOTH DIRECTIONS.... But at least with oil, Im not FORCED, with the threat of tax evasion, to invest in it.

We are "drilling this shit".... You cant find a home in North Dakota.... They have the lowest unemployment rate in the nation....

The media is keeping it quiet because it further illustrates how misguided this administrations policies are....

Thanks RD I always look forward to your posts as they are always informative. I never really looked into it, I just fill up and try not think about the $$$ I'm paying at the pump.

Let me ask you a question, what do you think a gallon of gas is really worth?