Vancouver to Palm Springs and back again.

Falken

Google says its 2225 kilometres (1390 miles) each way.

Took the wife, two dogs (chihuahua & our border collie!), and three duffel bags (standard luggage for our viper road trips) and headed south.

Trip down was a straight shot 23.5 hours...we had to be a at a wedding and time was short. It was a long drive but pretty much a breeze. Car was rock solid the whole way...i find the viper so invigorating to drive that i don't get tired. My only complaint is that the I-5 from Sacramento to LA is s***.

Got to Palm springs, had a great time, wedding, went to universal studios, caught the LA Kings/Canucks game, ate some good food. While i was down there I noticed my tires were getting pretty worn (I've gotten 20,000 miles out of them)...Called up Jon B @ Parts rack and he had four new PS2's sitting on my door step in palm springs in 36 hours. New rubber felt great.

after 8 days we piled back in the car, wife dogs and all and headed back to Canada. This time we took highway 1 and 101 up the coast...beautiful drive! once it got dark we jumped back on the freeway and hoofed it. thought about stopping in San Fran but i felt great so we just kept pushing...all told 22 hours later we arrived home.

I love this car! put over 3000 miles on it in 10 days (more than some people in 10 years) and it just ate it up, crossed 30,000 miles on the trip. A wash, vacuum and oil change and she's ready for more. Thinking about driving her to Alaska next summer :)

Man you should have let us know you were coming to town. Gotta love the reliability of the viper, you easily have another 100k before she even starts to shoe some age!

• 2 weeks later...

it actually wasn't bad...the trunk swallowed the bags, the chihuahua rode on laps and the collie curled up in the passenger foot well and slept...on the drive back i caught a nap in the passenger seat while my wife drove for a couple hours and even with my 6'1'' frame, me and dogs were comfy.

we didn't plan to take the dogs...we had a friend who was supposed to watch them...literally hours before we left she bailed...all the kennels were closed...so we just decided to bring em...it was actually lots of fun having them down in palm springs...not that i plan on taking them everywhere from now on or anything.

no pic though...i kept thinking i should snap one...i just never did.