Whay motor oil do you like in your Murci and why?

donzikid

I once used 0w in hot climate and after driving few minutes low engine oil light came on, switch to castrol sports edge 10w, light never came on. If u driving hard i suggest 10w, 15w or 20w

1131586[/url]']

I once used 0w in hot climate and after driving few minutes low engine oil light came on, switch to castrol sports edge 10w, light never came on. If u driving hard i suggest 10w, 15w or 20w

Single viscosity oil is not recommended for street cars. If you use this continuously, your engine will fail.

Most of engine wear happens at cold engine start up and high revs. The lubricating needs in both conditions are vastly different. This is why multi viscosity is needed. Single viscosity are often used in race cars where the car only has one cold start and is often rebuilt before next race

Single viscosity oil is not recommended for street cars. If you use this continuously, your engine will fail.

Most of engine wear happens at cold engine start up and high revs. The lubricating needs in both conditions are vastly different. This is why multi viscosity is needed. Single viscosity are often used in race cars where the car only has one cold start and is often rebuilt before next race

I meant fully synthetic, i jst wrote the starting viscosity, 10w-60 is like how i meant.

Since I acquired my car 6months ago, I did an oil change myself as soon as I go it; factory recommended AGIP (though now ENL) 5w-40 TECSINT.

It would be fine for a regular drive, but if stuck in bumper to bumper traffic (fact of life in central london) for an hour, the oil pressure light would flicker on at idle; this is winter temperatures ( 10 deg C ambient) even with the side vents opened out; basically whenever the oil temp would be 120-5 from memory.

I've since replaced it with 20W-50 AGIP 4T racing as recommended for "performance driving" since apparently traffic is performance driving... Not had a chance to see how it copes with traffic yet as I've pulled it of the road to replace the clutch....

These are seriously old tech engines, down to the solid/mechanical lifters (the last time i had to deal with these was in my teens with 70s cars and big cams); and the lambo engines seem to need what was considered a performance oil in the 70s- 20w-50....

Sometimes its not just the temperature but also the heat produced by engine, n ive noticed higher temperature in engine bay if u hav aftermart exhaust system. All this heat thins out oil and coz its dry sump, oil pump face difficulty pumping at high rate, thicker oil doesnt strain oil pump. U wont have prb if u use 10w-60, also u live in london where its cold i suggest u use 10w-60 for better cold starting. I had same oil light flickering switched to 10w-60 n never had prb n this is in summer in dubai, evening temp are arnd 35c.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the general rule we can draw from this is that heavier weighted oils can help minimize low engine oil situations. Thickness of oil must prevent oil loss.