Review about Velos Gallardo tune

BoLaS

So I've been a member on this forum for a while now, keeping up to date with all the new Gallardo Mods and and fixes available. Mostly lurking around to figure out what all my check engine lights meant!! lol. Overall its an amazing forum with Serious members and even more serious toys.

Well I think today I have to share the experience i had with a local tuner and their tune for Lambo's. I need to explain that this review is being written by my real personal experience with Velos and their service and product performance.

- My car for reference is a Bianco 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder - RSC LP560 front end, RSC Titanium Exhaust, BMW Filter Swap, Carbon Kevlar Clutch, Gated 6-Speed Shifter -

When I first got my car it was an amazing experience, the exhaust and filters really opened her up once installed, but from the first time i got on it it had always been missing something. it was the first time i had driven a car with this large of a NA motor with such lag. It was almost if the car was boosted and the turbo wouldnt kick in until 3-4 almost 5k in the rpm band.... The hunt for a tune began. I called several shop owners (specialize in Lambo TT and engine builds) and they all told me the same thing, the tune isnt really worth it for the money save up for a TT build. So i waited. and waited. Did some more research and... still waited. All the dyno's showed a gain of about 20whp... for 2-3k a tune... i would expect more than this! so i waited.

Then came along an opportunity with a local tuner I just had to investigate. Velos mentioned to me they are masters with the Gallardo motor and I would "love their tune" and most importantly... I would feel it! After some more deliberation and a same day turn around time, i went for it.... AND I HAVENT LOOKED BACK SINCE!!!!!

When I first got my car back i couldnt wait to drive it. however as soon as i got on it... not really a big difference.... I was heart broken. the stories were true and i just blew a bunch of cash. :( I drove the car home with my slightly better drive. i woke up the next morning already knowing that after work i would be visiting Velos again to get the tune out... but then something Magic happened. The car became ALIVE!!! I noticed an immediate response in acceleration right out the gate and a HUGE difference through the Mid-Range! It was actually surprising how quickly she took off so i spilled some water on my pants... that or i crapped myself :evil:

i got to the office and didnt want to turn her off thinking this was a one time thing. After coming to my senses i turned her off and couldn't wait for the drive home. Late shift over - got into car started it up and let her warm up. Driving home.. she got faster than the morning!!! It was just pulling and pulling all the way to the new 8400 revlimiter!! The smile came back! the next two days the power and throttle response increased again. I remember texting them www.superfastlambo.com/wtf :D

I can honestly say this has been the BEST mod i have performed to this date. what make me the most upset is that i waited this long to get it. The car has completely transformed and this is the way it should have came from factory. Im not saying my car is rocket of TT fast at all... but it has an ear to ear smile factor installed now that wasnt originally equipped.

if you guys are looking to get a tune give them a shot or at least call for info.

there facebook fanpage is here:

http://www.facebook.com/VelosDesignwerks

Thanks for listening guys, i hope this helps!! :wave:

Never heard of this tune before.

That was a long post and yet we're still left wondering about the basic stuff!...

1. Power numbers? Before/After HP/TQ?

2. Price?

3. How long have you had the tune? How many miles have you driven with the tune?

LOL!!! Post icons are awesome! like i said im just posting my actual experience for now and my butt dyno results. I've had the tune on for a little over a month and it still pulls great (about 1100 miles). I know they did a baseline on the car but i havent been able to go back for the after tune dyno. I will try my best to go in the next couple weeks and i will post up numbers and graphs when i can. The retail the price was in the low 2k mark, but email [email protected] because i was told they will be doing an into special soon.

lol! ^ guys this isnt a company post... its my experience in dealing with them and the end result. im sure they have details that they will post later on. i dont work for them lol.

lol! ^ guys this isnt a company post... its my experience in dealing with them and the end result. im sure they have details that they will post later on. i dont work for them lol.

Did you recently buy Miguel from ADV1's lambo? If not, then although it is not a direct company post....it is one in the same. I know ADV1 collaborated on the red F430 no? So if you are in fact associated with ADV1, it almost seems like undercover advertising.

I don't care how you want to promote either way. I just find it tacky and hilarious that anyone would come on here talking about how great their tune is but not post any numbers.

Anyone willing to buy this tune before seeing any numbers, I got a set of wheels with rusty bolt fasteners on them for ya as well.

BTW....im not in the industry what so ever....

nope this is my car - i am Miguel from ADV1... not a colab with Velos even thought they are tuning our cars now because of these specific results.. yes i still have to pay for the tunes and yes it is worth it.

now more importantly are you saying you have rusty bolts on our wheels? if so send me images and your PO number so that i can get this sorted out for you right away. our bolts are full stainless or titanium depending on what option you chose so im interested to hear back from you soon.

back on topic!

nope this is my car - i am Miguel from ADV1... not a colab with Velos even thought they are tuning our cars now because of these specific results.. yes i still have to pay for the tunes and yes it is worth it.

now more importantly are you saying you have rusty bolts on our wheels? if so send me images and your PO number so that i can get this sorted out for you right away. our bolts are full stainless or titanium depending on what option you chose so im interested to hear back from you soon.

back on topic!

I was just kidding. Apologies if anyone took that as anything other than that.

My point was, how could you drop $$k on something without seeing real numbers beforehand? To each their own I guess......

No worries at all and i completely agree, again i only risked it because i had that little devil on my shoulder reminding me im tuneless everyday, then these guys showed up and they are local to me so i went for it. :)

there is a reason most don't 'tune' these cars.... better off with exhaust mods, better cats and losing some weight from the car.... they had the car on the dyno for a baseline and didn't dyno afterwards??

No worries at all and i completely agree, again i only risked it because i had that little devil on my shoulder reminding me im tuneless everyday, then these guys showed up and they are local to me so i went for it. :)

All good bro. Beautiful car and wheels btw....................

thanks guys! yes i thought the same about not tuning it but it always felt like something was missing even after modding it. I guess i just felt the need to share how the tune kind of tied them all in together? :)

thanks guys! yes i thought the same about not tuning it but it always felt like something was missing even after modding it. I guess i just felt the need to share how the tune kind of tied them all in together? :)

wuteva beetle boy! :icon_mrgreen:

When the information becomes available to you, I would like to hear what is involved in the tune. Is it all electronic wizardry or is there some hardware magic involved?

• 1 month later...

Guess this was a hoax. I'm looking for tuning info right now but it doesn't seem that they're worth it fro the money and end result.

Guess this was a hoax. I'm looking for tuning info right now but it doesn't seem that they're worth it fro the money and end result.

Probably dyno results weren't good enough to post or car is having issues and owner doesn't want to update.