LP670-TT race for pinks

Barron2

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is Jonah has the fastest 670 out there. When someone who has yet to do anything in this area goes around saying he is going to reset every record, it pisses you off. You have one guy that has done something and one that has done nothing but claim he is going to do the impossible. I don't think the stakes of 25-75k are unreasonable. Ive done a lot of grudge racing, owned a dragstrip where 5-10k races were common. In that world what he is asking for isn't out of line. Should he have called a guy out a guy who doesn't even have a running car yet? Probably not. Then again, if you don't have a finished car you shouldn't be running your mouth about what records you will be breaking.

BANNED!!!

I saw someone in here say that "if the car is done in 2 years,"

The car is on a decent pace. And there is really only one thing that could really slow the build, that all really depends on if parts come in on time as expected, naturally.

_codyh

Um, neither of you guys should have anything to brag about. As far as I can tell, you guys didn't build shit. You bought the cars that other people designed and engineered, and then you paid other people to tune them. You are essentially trying to buy respect -- and I use that word lightly. How can you even talk shit about getting into a car with launch control and slamming your foot on the gas? My grandma can drive those cars just as fast as you guys.

The only people who should be taking pride in the cars' performance are the tuners.

To whom does the "you guys" refer?

BANNED!!!

Yeah it's been way to long to lurk, I need to just dive into the deep end :lol2:

Here is a guide for you. We know what we are doing, we don't need to be told how to do our job, we don't come round to your place of work and tell you how to sweep up.

There really is no need for you to post in a different text size. You are showing yourself up to be a childish little kid by doing so and that means do it again and you will slowly understand the irony of your first post.

WOW, I have no sides in this..BUT please can we quit using the phrase "Race" it is nothing close to that, at best a split second challange of one to one on acceleration in a straight line..has nothing to do with anyone's "Race" skills of a car and how to drive it..

NOW a real "race" over 25-40 miles,with lapos, turns, up, down, brake, accletrate..driver skils brake fade..then it will not be so much as WHOS foot hit the floor first for a few seconds..

So call it what you will, but dont down grade the term "Race"..

WOW, I have no sides in this..BUT please can we quit using the phrase "Race" it is nothing close to that, at best a split second challange of one to one on acceleration in a straight line..has nothing to do with anyone's "Race" skills of a car and how to drive it..

NOW a real "race" over 25-40 miles,with lapos, turns, up, down, brake, accletrate..driver skils brake fade..then it will not be so much as WHOS foot hit the floor first for a few seconds..

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

so 1/4 drag RACES aren't races?

I'm sure anyone can do this, straight line racing.. 180 mph on street tires in the 1/4? no problem. lol

so 1/4 drag RACES aren't races?

IMO they are not, at the least they are as you state "Drag Race's"

Just the histroy alone of the "sport" of a 1/4 miles high speed run has of late been reduced to 1/8 mile runs for the "super" HP cars as they wont make it the 1/4 mile, they break down. They are for the most part designed for a ONE SHOT run at the highest possible end speed, the skill is in keeping it straight and getting the most power out of it. Sure there is a risk of death as the car leaves the pavement and bounces into the retaining walls and flips..but to call it a skill of the "driver", I would prefer to call it the "guts" of a driver to risk his lfe in a non street machine for the ONLY purpose of obtaining a High Speed outcome.

If you truly want to test the performance of a "Streetable" machine for street use as well as off road competition use, then IMO it needs to be a test of all the aspects of the car AND the driver. Which means using all the aspects of the engineered car, brakes, steering, acceleration, de-acceleration, cooling system, exhaust, alingment, comfort, and of course it's ability to endure a 25-40 mile test and STILL drive off of the track back home at the end of the day under it's own power. NOW that is a test of a engineered machine.

ANYBODY with enough money to throw at a vehicle can make it GO FAST, big deal, there will always be some one with more money and less brains that will take up that call. Not impressive to me, a few seconds of speed....I can get that any day of the week at Disney Land for an E-Ticket ride.

To put it into a little common perspective..let's look at the latest cars from Lamborghini:

Lp670-4SV 0-62 in 3.2 Sec (so they claim-IMO it is faster) top speed 206 sith the small wing

Lp700-4 0-62 in 2.9 Sec top speed 212

I have serious question as to ANY owner of 1 of the 168 670 cars produced has EVER hit 206 on the streets or a track event for that matter. Same with the 700 can bet my bottom dollar NOT one owner of these cars out already has probably even achieved 200MPH to date. WHY, because these recorded numbers are under ideal conditions under ideal locations with a fully trained expert driver behind the wheel.

SO next time you are on the street and want to "Drag race" your 670 against a 700, please make sure you have your brand new watch on that reads in 1/100 of a second movments..and dont for get to look down at it as you cross the 1/4 mile end to see if you beat the other car by the 2/100 of a second...of course if you blink you will have missed it.

The point is, there will always be something a split second faster, big frickn deal..has no meaning to a TRUE driver and lover of his/her car that they enjoy the way they want. At the end of the day, it is still just a machine, that most all owners will NEVER get near it's potential 99.5% of it's life they have it. Drive it, enjoy it, have fun with it...and if it makes you feel bad to know that some expert on a perfect day in perfect condition's on a clsoed course after multiple try's can beat you by 3/100 of a seconds..well you have issues that I cant help you with.

Lp700-4 0-62 in 2.9 Sec top speed 212

I have serious question as to ANY owner of 1 of the 168 670 cars produced has EVER hit 206 on the streets or a track event for that matter. Same with the 700 can bet my bottom dollar NOT one owner of these cars out already has probably even achieved 200MPH to date. WHY, because these recorded numbers are under ideal conditions under ideal locations with a fully trained expert driver behind the wheel.

Veyron Rob Has an Lp700 i bet he will do it so he can sho off to everyone he

can take another lambo to the max on public roads....????

He might even have a lambo race suit ready for this stunt???