Opinions on sound of Larini muffler delete and secondary cat delete

Jetfire

My 03 has Larini secondary cat delete and Larini muffler. I'd like to go a bit louder but don't want to remove the primary cats. Was thinking about going muffler delete instead with the x-pipe, but I heard it doesn't sound as good, which is one of the reasons Larini no longer makes it. Thoughts? Would I get flames with x-pipe and secondary decat? How much louder would it be? Basically if adding the x-pipe makes my set-up sound worse, I'll just leave it alone. TIA

• 2 weeks later...

I first did LOC X pipe muffler delete with secondary cat delete with everything else stock and it sounded great! Then did primary cat delete and it was extremely loud with the stock tips. Then did quad tips with no screens in the tips and it was TOO LOUD! My ears would ring for an hour after even if driven on 15 minutes! Also, my neighbors have been gracious but it is just rediculous.

I think the best set up is stock primary cats or high flow aftermarket primary cats with secondary cat delete and muffler delete with nice tips and that is the best set up for the right loud but not retarded "look at me racer" loud.

Sorry guys I got confused for a second. I have Larini x-pipe and secondary decat pipes. Since going primary decat would probably be too loud for what I need, the only option would be hi-flo primary cats. Larini cats are $3100. Fabspeed are $2500. Any other quality options? Do these ever come up for sale used? Thanks!

Thats the step i want to take,I wish someone who has had experience with high flow cats would jump in and recommend some mfgs? and on how much more loud the high flow cats are than OME?

Thats the step i want to take,I wish someone who has had experience with high flow cats would jump in and recommend some mfgs? and on how much more loud the high flow cats are than OME?

My car with stock primary cats, secondary cat delete pipes and Quicksilver exhaust:

http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/bl...boSound1001.mp4

With primary cat delete pipes (from SP), secondary cat delete pipes and Quicksilver exhaust:

http://s637.photobucket.com/albums/uu95/bl...boSound1002.mp4

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry guys I got confused for a second. I have Larini x-pipe and secondary decat pipes. Since going primary decat would probably be too loud for what I need, the only option would be hi-flo primary cats. Larini cats are $3100. Fabspeed are $2500. Any other quality options? Do these ever come up for sale used? Thanks!

You could delete your primary cats. Pick up some aftermarket high flow cats and have them welded in the secondary cat delete pipes. You could have v-band connections so that you could swap between catless and high flow easily.

Nick

You could delete your primary cats. Pick up some aftermarket high flow cats and have them welded in the secondary cat delete pipes. You could have v-band connections so that you could swap between catless and high flow easily.

Nick

Never thought about going primary cat delete and welding hi-flow cats to secondary pipes. I wonder how that would sound. I don't recall anyone doing this and posting their opinions? Swapping between catless and high-flow sounds great though, any idea on cost for a fabricator to do this?