Sickest Downhill Mountain Bike Race Ever

Deuce

Many of you have probably seen this from last year or have never seen it at all. This is by far the craziest Downhill "Bike" of any kind contest I have ever seen, pretty crazy stuff.

Here is some info and and video about the race I found!Valparaiso Cerro Abajo Race

Many of you have probably seen this from last year or have never seen it at all. This is by far the craziest Downhill "Bike" of any kind contest I have ever seen, pretty crazy stuff.

Here is some info and and video about the race I found!Valparaiso Cerro Abajo Race

certainly unusual in the terms of it being such an urban environment, but as an ex-semi pro downhill racer this is not really the craziest race I have seen. The euro races were always amazing to watch, super wet slick rocks, huge drops, etc.

I personally always loved the mammoth national. Not only the silly but fast kamikaze, but the runs down the ski slopes. I think my favorite race of all time were the early 2000 snow summit nationals. The expert course was a mix of natural terrain with some huge man made jumps that looked more at home on a super cross track.

Any other social guys into downhill? I still have my bike but it gets ridden around town more than the mountain these days. :(

Picked up mountain biking again last summer after many years of hiatus...fell in love back again with the sport. So much fun and so much adrenaline. Picked up a 29inch dualie XC ride for training purposes (I get bored of road biking all the time); also did a few days of DH with a rented DH bike just for the kicks...great times. And yes Deuce, that vid is pretty sick!!

certainly unusual in the terms of it being such an urban environment, but as an ex-semi pro downhill racer this is not really the craziest race I have seen. The euro races were always amazing to watch, super wet slick rocks, huge drops, etc.

I personally always loved the mammoth national. Not only the silly but fast kamikaze, but the runs down the ski slopes. I think my favorite race of all time were the early 2000 snow summit nationals. The expert course was a mix of natural terrain with some huge man made jumps that looked more at home on a super cross track.

Any other social guys into downhill? I still have my bike but it gets ridden around town more than the mountain these days. :(

Mammoth is gnarly did that once and have done Snow Summit before as well, I'm not too aggressive as I hurt myself pretty badly in the past but definitely push myself enough to get a little nervous..... some of those guys are just out of their minds! Still none of these come close to VCA in my personal opinion as far as limited room for errors, obstacles etc., have you ever seen the Red Bull Rampage?

Here is a trailer for "Where the Trail Ends"....they went to the South Gobi Desert in Mongolia to film this.

http://vimeo.com/15176253

P.S.: how the fcuk do you embed vids nowadays!? Jesus christ it used to be simple...I'm about to throw my computer on the ground.

Wow. That's insane.

I'm only now becoming comfortable to share the road in a regular riding fashion. I couldn't imagine that!