Black Superleggera in Visalia, CA?

bonehead

Yes, I'm a lurker. Don't frequent this place much as I don't own a Lambo (and honestly, aside from a Diablo SV, have no real desire to ever own one). But I need to enlist your assistance. I just moved to a small agricultural town in Central California. Home of the ubiquitous pickup truck and tracts of mobile homes. As a Porsche-phile and owner of a 997 turbo, I never thought I would ever see a Lambo (or any similar car) around these parts until yesterday. Pulling into my subdivision, I heard the unmistakable roar of a V10. Checked my rearview to see a black Superleggera making a u-turn and ripping it in the opposite direction. Unfortunately, it made the turn so quickly, I couldn't tell if it was an 07-08 or a newer 560-4.

I'd really like to track down this owner and find out if there are any other higher-end cars in the neighborhood. I figure there couldn't have been THAT many black SL's manufactured (only 37 2007-08 versions were produced according to wiki??). And even a more miniscule number located in California's Central Valley.

If anyone knows of (or if he/she's here) a black SL that resides in Visalia, CA, let me know! TIA

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumbleweed.gif

We actually have quite a few of those around here too:/ I'm not too optimistic about locating this guy/gal on a forum. But I figure it's worth a shot.

I wouldn't expect a response. I would not be interested in being contacted by a random person that saw me driving. You may have been here for a while but 3 posts won't give anyone the background to say yeah let's meet up.

I wouldn't expect a response. I would not be interested in being contacted by a random person that saw me driving. You may have been here for a while but 3 posts won't give anyone the background to say yeah let's meet up.

Good point. I'd be the same way, I suppose. I'm a regular on some of the Porsche forums, but that holds zero significance here. Just got a little giddy and obviously a bit too hopeful that I'd see and meet owners of anything other than craptastic Camry's or *insert American manufacturer* pickup trucks.

Frankly, the way this person was making U-turns and blasting up and down the road, my guess is it was a kid taking out their parent's/friends car out for a little straightline joyriding. Yippee.

I do take my black 2008 SL to central valley every now and then.

I haven't been to Visalia yet though -- so it wasn't me in this case.

Thanks for the reply, though. Are you aware of any other black SL's in the area?

you are the guy with orange gt3 wheels and some techart stuff, right? there was a thread here couple of months ago when a photo of it was posted and a lot of members here paid compliments :icon_thumleft:

you are the guy with orange gt3 wheels and some techart stuff, right? there was a thread here couple of months ago when a photo of it was posted and a lot of members here paid compliments :icon_thumleft:

That would be me:) Your username is very familiar. What other forums are you on?

There is a black 560 in Fresno. A friend of mine told me he saw it at the EuroSunday event. www.EuroSunday.net

Thanks for the info. Suppose that would have to be him/her. Was this recently? I've heard the last few EuroSundays have been pretty pitiful.

yeah its been slow because of rain and what not plus not too many exotics in Fresno to begin with. I think the 560 was there July/August of last year. Bring your car out there sometime

• 3 months later...

Second Lambo sighting here in the middle of nowhere: orange Murci Roadster on the 198, heading east near the Mooney exit. Car isn't 'subtle' to being with. But out here? Looks like a frickin' UFO.

Anyone know it?

• 9 months later...

Bringing this back to the top because 1) I saw the black SL again a week or two ago. Now I know it wasn't just here on a whim. 'It' lives near me. Just don't know where. 2) I sold the 911 and bought this.

IMG_1944_zps0ef540e0.jpg

I wanna get some pics together (white GT + black SL = awesomeness) and then possibly run in Mexico :eusa_dance:

Bringing this back to the top because 1) I saw the black SL again a week or two ago. Now I know it wasn't just here on a whim. 'It' lives near me. Just don't know where. 2) I sold the 911 and bought this.

IMG_1944_zps0ef540e0.jpg

I wanna get some pics together (white GT + black SL = awesomeness) and then possibly run in Mexico :eusa_dance:

Ok, that is a hell of an upgrade. :icon_thumleft:

I love a good 911 but a Ford GT is a BEAST!

Agreed! Still love me some 911's. Hope to pick up a 997 GT3RS in the future, but this thing just rocks! :icon_super:

Nothing like the absence of traction and stability control to scare the living daylights outta you:)