Aftermarket Exhaust Question

Lamby123

I have a 2008 SL - what I find fascinating is that the OEM Syetem has CATS, valves, Vacuum System etc. Yet an aftermarket system seems to work without all of this stuff?

Hows that then?

Do you throw all this stuff away?

I fancy putting on the Fabspeed or Tubi System, but I dont fancy making regular trips to the Lambo Dealer to have CEL and various other issues rectified.

Also, I have a 2 year Factory Warranty on my car, if I fitted an aftermarket system, does that invalidate the Warranty?

You will leave the cats on. I hear Fab speed will not turn on the MIL. LNB (orange county Lambo) system will not trigger the MIL.

I have an 08 SL with Fabspeed cat delete pipes and orginal LOC exhaust with no problems other than annoying my neighbors and innocent bystanders. It is LOUD! The cat delete pipes may throw a CEL but not the exhaust alone.

You should retain all of the factory parts just in case you ever want to restore to original config.

Based upon the feedback from my dealer you will have problems with the warranty.

Based upon the feedback from my dealer you will have problems with the warranty.

Unless the exhaust is the cause of the issue it is not legal for them to void your entire warranty under a federal law whose name i'll have to look up.

Talking about exhuast systems, has anyone ever heard a recording of a LOC/LNB exhuast on a 560? If so, any feedback?

Talking about exhuast systems, has anyone ever heard a recording of a LOC/LNB exhuast on a 560? If so, any feedback?

Fadi - do they make one for the 560? If so, I'd imagine it will sound pretty similar. Can't think of a reason otherwise. I know Fabspeed makes an exhaust for the 560.

Fadi - do they make one for the 560? If so, I'd imagine it will sound pretty similar. Can't think of a reason otherwise. I know Fabspeed makes an exhaust for the 560.

From my understanding, they do make one for the 560. At least their website says so...

http://www.lambonb.com/gallardo-exhaust.html

Unless the exhaust is the cause of the issue it is not legal for them to void your entire warranty under a federal law whose name i'll have to look up.

True, BUT it'll be your burden to prove it wasn't.

Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act + FTC interpretations. If a dealer or manufacturer hassles you, this may be a persuasive link: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt192.shtm

• 1 month later...

There is one on YouTube.com. It does not change the pitch, just makes the stock tone louder.

LP Gallardo's do not change tone, no matter what brand of exhaust. Until someone figures out an easy way to get rid of the cars in the headers.

I often describe The sound of my Kreissieg exhaust as 'the sound of my happiness." I love it. I want a Kreissieg so bad for my Aventador now. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

I often describe The sound of my Kreissieg exhaust as 'the sound of my happiness." I love it. I want a Kreissieg so bad for my Aventador now. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!

Kreissieg is nice, but very heavy for an aftermarket exhaust.

Kreissieg is nice, but very heavy for an aftermarket exhaust.

Really? I never weighed it. But I don't race anyone. The Lambo's are all plenty fast for me. I am thinking about UGR TTing my Gallardo and using it like my own personal theme park ride, but they cannot do it without changing my Kreissieg. That sound is exactly what I want to hear, so I cannot part with it! The Kreissieg is the only reason I have not tt'd my G!

Really? I never weighed it. But I don't race anyone. The Lambo's are all plenty fast for me. I am thinking about UGR TTing my Gallardo and using it like my own personal theme park ride, but they cannot do it without changing my Kreissieg. That sound is exactly what I want to hear, so I cannot part with it! The Kreissieg is the only reason I have not tt'd my G!

Where do you source your Kreissieg exhausts out of curiosity?

Where do you source your Kreissieg exhausts out of curiosity?

I bought directly from Jaewoo at the Kreissieg factory. At the time I purchased, they had one USA dealer they just dropped cause that dealer came out with their own rip off. They were in the process of getting a new dealer worked out and I bought it direct at full list price. Worth every cent! Install was done by the now defunct Lamborghini Bergen County.

I bought directly from Jaewoo at the Kreissieg factory. At the time I purchased, they had one USA dealer they just dropped cause that dealer came out with their own rip off. They were in the process of getting a new dealer worked out and I bought it direct at full list price. Worth every cent! Install was done by the now defunct Lamborghini Bergen County.

There is another real great sounding Japanese exhaust manufacturer, trying to remember the name, think it's power-craft. Most of their systems are set up removing the pre-cats though I think.

Their system for the Scuderia is wicked sounding.

Here is their sound clip page, the 360 one is pretty nuts, but catless:

http://www.power-craft.jp/base1111110.html