Cleaning up

Tommy

Just to clarify

First : NONE of the active members lost their account this time. An active member is a member with 1+ post, I'm sorry for lurkers using [email protected] to register on LP, they are gone.

Second : Gmail is NOT banned, but Gmail is an issue for us as there are tons of fake accounts using Gmail. Banning Gmail is a possibility, and guess what it's not happening anytime soon as there are others fixes (hint: Brian's posts). We just encourage members using Gmail to change it ASAP if they WANT, so if we ever ban Gmail they won't have any problems.

Dear Alanis Morissette and KING-640

Please take note

I'm cleaning up the database, no active member should be affected.

Also, we'll probably ban Gmail accounts as most spam bots use this service, we can't control who's real and who's not. If you've used Gmail to register on LP, please change here. This formality has NOT to be completed, but it is advisable to change as Captain may take a look at it... I think that's motivating.

Then

WTF? If you're gonna do something that affects this many members, how about a little fcuking warning next time?

Last time you did this shit Tommy, I ended up losing my account, and now my e-mail address is no longer acceptable?

Ridiculous, most of us keep contact info on this site and when you "accidentally" delete an account, we lose that info. It wouldn't be all to unreasonable to give us a couple of days' warning.

And then this, please take note of the bold

You can read right?

I said that LAST TIME HE DID THIS my account was deleted. I was referencing a situation which was relevant to this one.

You need to chill the fcuk out, I have just cause to be upset as I'm carrying a grievance from the past I let slip without incident, but to do what you guys did last time and risk the same outcome without notifying anyone or giving us proper time to back up our info is unacceptable.

We know you're not perfect, but could you try and be patient and understanding your self?

If your actions are gonna alienate the members who post here and contribute to the site; you won't need to improve shit, there'll be nobody to improve it for.

Good day sir!

Then

Just to clarify

First : NONE of the active members lost their account this time. An active member is a member with 1+ post, I'm sorry for lurkers using [email protected] to register on LP, they are gone.

Second : Gmail is NOT banned, but Gmail is an issue for us as there are tons of fake accounts using Gmail. Banning Gmail is a possibility, and guess what it's not happening anytime soon as there are others fixes (hint: Brian's posts). We just encourage members using Gmail to change it ASAP if they WANT, so if we ever ban Gmail they won't have any problems.

There you go Alanis Morissette, you have a definition of irony.